Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

3.9

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.2%) Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/ Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trisiloxane. ---------------------------------------------------- COMPARISON: SmashBox Photo Finish Primer ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have purchased this many times over the years. I keep one at home and one in my purse in the summer. It's great for those terribly humid days as an anti-chafing gel in the inner thighs (sorry for TMI!). It's also great as a face/neck primer. It goes on super sooth and sheer. It does help makeup to stay all day long and go on smoothly. It's available at every drugstore and is really a great dupe for Urban Decay Primer Potion - but for a much better value.

on 7/16/2016 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Who would have thought that I could find my HG Face Primer in the feminine care isle of my local drugstore. This product is awesome. It goes on like a gel and feels powdery soft when it dries. Monistat Gel does not have a fragrance, so it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. Its helps my foundation go on flawlessly and it lasts all day. The product also control my oily skin where i don't have to blot as often. I got this for a great price. I think I paid around $7 in my local CVS. If you are looking for a great primer, try this one. You won't be sorry.

To Read all 891 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/7/2016 4:29:00 AM

I bought this because I heard it was a pretty good dupe for the Smashbox Photo primer. I have been using the Nivea men's sensitive after shave balm, which is a great primer but I really like how silicone primers make my makeup glide on so I thought, why not mix them. Then I'd get the staying power of the Nivea and the smoothness of the silicone. Let me tell you, it worked beautifully! My makeup went on super smooth AND stayed on all day! It's crazy inexpensive, I got mine from Target for 4 bucks (funnily I got the Nivea there too for the very same, 4 bucks) so that's 2 big bottles/tubes that will last me forever for all of $8 and they work! And in case you're wondering, I mix approximately equal amounts of each.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I've kept a tube of this in my stash for at least 6 years now, simply because it works and it's great.

It is silicone based, which is perfect for oily skin, but it does work for dry skin as well (that's what I have). Normally, I try to steer clear of silicone based primers because the water-based ones are made specifically for dry skin and work better for me, but this product is different because after being applied it turns into a powder formula.

It's currently less than $6 at Walmart for 1.5 oz, so the price can't be beat. If you have REALLY dry skin with dry patches, I recommend E.L.F.'s hydrating primer, but for the rest of us this do the job really well.

It's not fancy, but it works and leaves you with more money to buy even more great makeup. :)

*****FYI***** This is a drugstore dupe for Benefit Porefessional.***********

on 6/18/2016 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I use this as a primer and I've been trying to buy this product in Canada for months and no success. I was skeptical about buying it from eBay but it cost me $30 for two tubes plus shipping. But let me tell you I tried this for a week and it does work, I tried it with three different foundations, cream, powder and cream to powder. ( I don't wear liquid). I've tried elf primers and rimmel primers before and none of them work as good as this. This changed the longevity of my make up kept me matte most of the day I had to blot after like 6 hours and I run around a lot at work. When I wear other primers I have to blot after like 3 hours. I like the fact that when it is applied it's a silicone then when it's rub in it turn to powder. I have lines under my eyes but they were still visible after I applied this but that's ok primers which says they diminish lines did nothing for me. Over all I will keep buying this because I like it and you get alot in the tube more than most other primers.

Never in a million year did I think I would one day put anything made by Monistat on my face, but here I am doing it every morning. I used BE prime time and Smashbox photofinish, but I have to say that I prefer the monistat. Smashbox made me oily and BE Primetime was alright, but didn't keep the oilies at bay as well as I would have liked. I've been using this for about 3 weeks now and I am absolutley floored by how well it works. I tell you, I have combo skin and I used to have to touch up maybe 2-3 times a day, but with the Monistat chafing gel I don't even need a touch up for like 8 hours and for 6 bucks...I've found my new love =)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Took me a long time to pull the trigger but over I am happy I did!

I wanted something to keep me from getting oily during the day and this definitely does the trick. Zero oil on my face at the end of the day. Price is excellent.

Doesn't make a huge difference in how my makeup looks on my face, so I gave it a 4. But, for oil and shine control, you can't beat this.

on 5/11/2016 8:15:00 PM

I had just purchased a full size Smashbox primer ($36) when I finally found this at Wal Mart. As much as I love the Smashbox primer, I will not be repurchasing it because this anti-chafing gel works very similarly. I still use Benefit Porefessional on my nose and inner cheeks if I'm going to wear makeup all day long, since I have large pores there, but for the rest of my face and to go out in the evening, the anti-chafing get works very well. It's a little thinner than the Smashbox, and sometimes I double up on the application. Super inexpensive - around $5.

on 4/14/2016 2:00:00 PM

Oh my god , this stuff really works !!! It is the best primer , I have used . And I have tried , almost every single primer out there . This stuff is awesome !

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Best primer I have used, hands down, at a tiny fraction of the average cost.

I live in Texas and can't recommend it for treating thigh-chafing (I have never found a product that stands up to the summer heat here other than anti-friction shorts) but it does just fine reducing friction elsewhere, like along irritating bra straps, for example.