Wet 'n' Wild H2O Proof Liquid Eyeliner - Espresso

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Awesome <3 WNW! I have come to realize black eyeliner is too harsh on me ESP since I wear glasses (rimless) a rich chocolate brown just on top lids is much more flattering on me...it is hard to find a liquid waterproof chocolate brown eyeliner, evthing is black or blackish brown out there or else not waterproof. Enter: wnw H2OProof Espresso. I was using loreal telescopic waterproof brown liquid which isn't sold at my local-yocal Kroger grocery store but i found the wnw at Kmart & then at Kroger so I stocked up! I got 3 new ones today; 2 to use after I finish my wnw I'm working on & 1 for purse. It is a rich brown not-quite-matte but not shiny & the wearing time is awesome. I agree w the review below saying the applicator is like a toothpick! But it makes very precise lines, I don't want a thick line. Magic Eraser makeup cloths are what I've used to remove it no issues & the price pointe is awesome $3.99 ea when Loreal is $7.99 cheapest ive come across but not all stores carry this nor loreal brown. Now I'm set w the back ups but I do know both loreal telescopic & wnw H2OProof make pretty choc. brown waterproof liquid liners it just takes a bit of searching to find them. I won't fool w nonwaterproof liquid liners coz my eyes are rheumy/very oily eyelids.

After I bought it, the first thing I did was apply it and then jump in the shower to test it out. I am very pleased. :) It was still on by the time I got out even with me rubbing my eyes a few times. Obviously it didn't look as amazing as when I put it on originally, but %90 of the line was still perfect looking which was way more than I expected. This would definitely remain intact through rain, sweat, water parks, pretty much anything! I will be repurchasing, especially with summer coming up. :)

To Read all 11 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I really am Obsessed with the WNW Mega Liners so i decided to give this product a shot since i love all of my WNW products. I think it is a great product overall but i do have a few flaws to discuss...
~~~~~~~~~ PRICE & AVAILABILITY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The WetnWild H2O Proof liquid liner is available in most drugstores like Walgreens, Rite Aid and also Walmart. Some stores do not carry WNW so check around. These an item in the permanent collection. The price is great! These are very affordable at $1.99 each and even cheaper when you find a good sale!
~~~~~~~ SHADE/FORMULA/PERFORMANCE ~~~~~~~~~
The WNW H2O Proof is a good long lasting liquid liner. Its almost like ink in my opinion. The formula is thinner than their Mega Liner formula which i love but i still do love this one for days I know im going to the pool or need something that will last! Espresso #884 is a dark chocolate espresso color. This is great for those looking for something that will define & line w/out being too harsh as black. I love this w/ my super pale skin bc sometimes i want the look of liquid liner but not something super harsh. This color is wonderful! I do love WNW liquid liners. They are super pigmented, easy to appy, & last forever. I think this does hold true on H20 Proof. I do not have oily lids though. more normal to dry if anything. I do also use eye primer. On a typical day, this liner holds up with no transferring, flaking, fading even have a hard time taking it off at the end of my work/off days. I do have to use a makeup remover to get the rest of it off. Its incredible! so if you want something that sticks & stays- this is it! Espresso is one of my favorite colors. It might be a basic brown but its rich & will fit on anyones skin tone. Its great!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~ PACKAGING ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The WetnWild H20 Proof liquid liners come in the small hard plastic little tubing. the plastic is colored to resemble the shade inside. this bottle is a dark brown w/ silver metallic logo/labeling. The shade name is not located on bottle but shade number is located on bottom of bottle (#884). I dont like that. The lid is a long silver twist on/off lid with a hard felt tip applicator inside ink well. There is a plastic stopper that will keep product from spilling & from drying out. The felt tip isnt not flexible at all- i do wish it would give just a little to allow me to make easier lines. But it does allow precise to thick lines depending on my needs. Thats the only flaw i found but if im really fussy i switch out my brush from my Mega Liner or use one of my brushes. Its not too bad but may be difficult for some. I had problems at first getting my lines the way i wanted. There is 0.17 fl oz of liquid liner which for me, lasts forever! Its a standard amount at drugstore esp for the price!
Overall, Espresso is a gorgeous dark brown that i reach for alot!! This is a long lasting liquid liner that holds up through war! Its super affordable, def recommend to all & have repurchased & will continue to. I am very happy w/ my WNW Liquid liners!

on 6/19/2012 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I actually prefer the Wet n Wild mega liner to this even though this one is waterproof and the mega liner isn't. This one comes with a very stiff felt type applicator that I found quite hard to be precise with. It was also very scratchy and tugs at my lids when applying. It was almost like trying to apply the liner with toothpick. The mega liner had a softer and more flexible applicator that I found easier to use. I have both Espresso and Brown Black and on both, the very tips of the applicator (which is important for drawing fine lines) seemed dry and won't deposit any color. I have had to use the sides to get color on my lids so the line ends up being fatter than I prefer. I gave it 3 lippies because both colors I own are very pigmented, especially the brown black which is more like a soft black. Also this stuff doesn't go anywhere once dry. It definitely is waterproof and even on my oily, non primered lid, the color stayed on pretty much from morning until afternoon without smudging. I did notice minor flaking on some spots, especially towards the outer corners of my eyes but nothing really major or noticeable unless looking real close. This stuff has to be removed with oil based mu remover because it won't come off with regular soap and water. Now maybe it was just the ones I purchased but I won't be repurchasing this based on my experience with them.

on 5/2/2012 4:57:00 PM

GREAT LINER!!! I purchased this after reading some rave reviews. With the low price point i bought the black and the dark brown and am in love with these liners! They are easy to apply and stay put ALL day long! Great as a tight liner instead of using a flat liner brush and a black powder. I can't say enough about this liner - it beats our many more expensive liners i own and/or have tried. Buy it! You won't be sorry!!!

on 4/24/2012 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

i repurchase this liner all the time. i use the black one on my eyelids as a liner normally because of its staying power. the espresso color works great as a brow liner for me personally. I have oily skin so it is difficult for me to fill my brows with powder or brow pencil. Whenever i try, it ends up fading or smudging within a few hours. i don't have very much brow hair to begin with, and i find that using this liner is a great way to achieve a full brow look that will last all day. i usually apply translucent powder over my eyebrows after i apply the liner just to soften it a bit. i can't imagine using any other product for my brows!

on 4/30/2010 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I'm going to break rank with the other reviewers here and say I am not in love with this product, which I will explain further below. I paid $1.99 for this product at a CVS BOGO sale on WNW. For reference, I am NW25 with brown hair and brown eyes. My eyes are not hooded, but they are possibly deep set. Anyway....several points to discuss:

1. The felt tip takes some getting used to, and it actually stabbed me sort of painfully a few times when I first started using it. This is probably due to a combination of my skill (or lack thereof) and the stiffness of the felt tip.
2. It is easy to draw a very thin line with this product, that is true. However, be warned, if you accidentally get bumped in the elbow by your 2 year old (ahem) whilst applying this product, and accidentally make a thick line, it is NOT forgiving. It dries almost immediately and does NOT budge. So be careful when applying, and have a steady hand.
3. The formula is indeed water proof, and smudge proof, and sweat proof, and probably flame proof, but I haven't personally tested that. Like I said, it dries almost immediately, and when it's on, it's doesn't budge. Period. You WILL need an oil based eye mu remover (or a chisel or a flamethrower) to get it off.
4. The color is a deep brown, almost black. It looks nice on my skin, and actually does bring out the eyes nicely. I'm sure if one likes really dramatic e/l, you can add extra coats, but I haven't tried this yet, because I'm very conservative with my mu looks.
5. I felt no stinging or irritation on my very sensitive skin.
6. My biggest complaint, and the reason I am debating repurchasing (I selected "no" only because there is no "I'm not sure" option), is that when this is applied before mascara, it makes your lashes stiff and coated, to the point that you simply cannot apply mascara to any area that the product has touched your lashes. I tried using a lash comb to loosen it up, to no avail. Perhaps it is best to apply mascara before applying this product, so this does not happen.

It's a decent product, and you certainly can't beat the price and the staying power. It's worth buying just to try it, because if you don't like it or have issues like me, you haven't blown the bank.

on 3/3/2010 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i love this liquid liner. it is perfect as long as i dont put too much...it is definetly waterproof. it isn't too dark either. i use it with belgian chocolates eye trio

on 6/30/2009 9:29:00 PM

Love this eyeliner!!! Since my eyelashes have thinned over the years, this eyeliner helps my lashes look full with very little mascara. I like the felt tip and have had no difficult drawing a thin or thick line, especially if you shake it well before using. Be sure to have some oil-based eye makeup remover, baby oil, vaseline, or olive oil handy just in case you mess up. This eyeliner definitely stays on until you take it off with an oil-based remover. It won't budge with soap and water. No flaking, smearing, or rubbing off all day. The color is fantastic with medium brown hair and any shade of eyeshadow I've tried. It hasn't dried out after several months of use, and the price is always less than four dollars.

on 5/20/2008 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is a lovely rich matte brown shade of liner that is extremely waterproof and long-lasting. The formula is smooth and well-pigmented, and will last all day long even in the middle of a sizzling hot Arizona summer, especially when applied over UDPP. A perfect shade for work or school, when you want to look pretty and fresh but not too over the top or dark and sultry.