L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Carbon Black

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Carbon Black

4.1

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

If you want great length and curl then this is the mascara for you. I was impressed by the great curl it holds, but it does nothing for volume and separation of lashes.

I'm a mascara junkie, like I've experimented with over 10 different mascaras these past 3 months and this mascara actually makes me look like i have less lashes! Yes, it lengthens and holds a great curl, but it makes my lashes look less invisible as they stick together and form long spidery lashes. Also i hate the wand, it bends and bounces around so easily i kept smudging and i couldn't get the wand back into the tube easily to apply a 2nd coat. Not sure if i would buy it again. Wish the wand was ridged and the teeth on the brush were different so i could separate my lashes more.

on 8/14/2013 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Nope. Years ago, I used to love L'Oreal Voluminous mascara, I thought it was great and then I bought good mascaras like MAC Lash Deluxe. L'Oreal's mascaras are usually wonderful but their Telescopic mascaras have a terribly awkward and silly brush.

The Telescopic Carbon Black mascara is very black which is good but the brush is too awkward for the lashes at the corner of my eyes and it is lengthening but not thickening. And because of the brush's awkwardness, my middle lashes look fine but not the rest! LOL

I cannot figure out how to use that silly brush! Ridiculous.

on 11/8/2011 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

My favorite mascara by far. I already have pretty long lashes and this helps just to define them and make them visible against heavy eye makeup. I love the brush and the comb is really helpful.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

The best so far. I have tried all mascaras found at the drugstore as well as high-priced brands. I always seem to return to this brand. I am always seeking a mascara to give me long, full lashes. This definitely does the trick.

on 2/26/2011 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

A very worthy mascara which actually shows visible results - I haven't had much luck with mascara in the past but this one works for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my HG mascara at the moment!!! It gives me length, separation, and slight volume. My lashes are a little longer than average length and they're pretty thick on their own. I love that it's dark pigment and it really enhances my eye color (brown with a reddish undertone). I try to buy it on special @ a drug store or at Bed, Bath, and Beyond with a 20% coupon.

on 4/21/2010 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Love, Love love this mascara, In my opinion this is probably best for people with small lid space mainly because of it's such small wand and for people who have got that pet peeve of having mascara residue on their lids - this is a godsend!, It lengthens the lashes and does not clump at all, this mascara has got some serious game!
Overall great drugstore mascara for people who have tiny lashes, (like me!) lengthens and volumizes Loves it!!

on 6/1/2009 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I love this mascara!!! I buy one every other month. This formula is my HG during the day along with the Voluminous in Carbon Black at night....

Pros:

Great wand for my lashes. My lashes arent really thick, so I don't need the dense brush for seperation, but they are medium-long and curly. The plastic spikey wand creates a great natural but lengthy and pretty look.

The formula is a bit "wet" -er than most, but it dries fast and washes off pretty easily and amazingly this has never smeared or run on me.. ever!

It has never clumped - but I do agree with a previous reviewer that once it dries, forget about applying another coat. I do one eye, then the other, then repeat and that works great.

The Carbon Black color is great!! It never looks faded.

CONS:
?? Can't think of any!

on 2/12/2009 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I absolutely adore this mascara. I have short sparse ageing eyelashes. With this mascara you would not think so. Now for the exciting part it defines, separates and lengthens with considerable ease. My eyes look huge and my lashes are to die for.

Imagine what it would do for someone with medium length lashes. Admittedly it only gives a little volume but it is designed for length and I am happy with the volume it gives. 2-3 coats and I am a daytime diva.

Verdict - Absolutely Amazing

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This is the best mascara I have used by far! I have naturally long, black lashes and was looking for something that enhances what I already have. It works wonders. I have this in Carbon Black. It REALLY lengthens and separates good too. I only use one coat and I can see a huge difference. Another plus is that it doesn't clump or flake. Will definitely buy this again.