L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

Filtered by eye Color : Green
L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

on 1/4/2019 7:35:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Best mascara ever. Does not burn my eyes, does not flake, separates and lengthens lashes like no other mascara I’ve tried! The original telescopic is good but the carbon black makes it more intense which I love!

This is one of my two go-to-forever mascaras! (The there is CoverGirl’s LashBlast mascara in the orange tube). The formula for this particular mascara is quite wet, and SO black. I never buy waterproof mascara so I can only review the regular version, and have never had an issue with flakes. What I adore most about it is how long and lean my lashes look! First coat I typically get really log looking lashes by simply swiping from root to tip. For the second coat (if you have the time), go at the base of your lashes to the middle and do a little back and forth wiggle (side to side rather than root to tip). This will add some bulk at the base, creating a more voluminous look and prevent your lashes from drooping down throughout the day. As you use the product over a few months it will dry out a bit more but still give you an amazing outcome! My only complaint would be the price. It’s usually around $12 where I live.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I just don’t understand the positive reviews. It’s like people are describing a different product altogether. For me, this is very wet and goes on the lashes in giant globs that stick all your lashes into clumps. Then it dries into hard spikes. I may as well have lit my money on fire. I would love to try the wonderful mascara other people are apparently trying in the same package.

on 2/14/2017 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This was my HG mascara for a long time, though I spent the past couple years loving Essence mascaras that would be discontinued shortly after I'd bought them. During the Essence phase, I kept a couple old Telescopic wands to comb through my lashes after applying mascara. I've finally given up on multiple coats and combing through with the others, to return to this mascara, my old standby. The comblike brush design gives wonderful definition, keeping my lashes separated rather than clumpy (which is not my thing at all). I forgot how easy to use this mascara was, and after fiddling around for so long, it's good to use this again!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My overall impression of this mascara is positive, with a couple gripes (which is par for the course in my mascara journey) and one very redeeming quality which will keep me repurchasing this in the future. I am constantly updating and rearranging my makeup routine so I can't guarantee that, but I would most certainly recommend this regardless.
The packaging is both a blessing and a curse- the tube is telescope shaped and very secure, the wand is where things get a little weird for me. It's a small wand with tiny bristles, which I was glad about because it makes doing the bottom lashes a lot less messy. However, the wand is flimsy and when you're going in for multiple coats, as I do, the wand bends easily and creates an annoyance.
The formula is not as wet or sloppy as other mascaras I've used, but it doesn't dry super fast either. All in all, it worked fine and gave a bit of length and volume without clumping the lashes. It did create a couple "dots" on my cheeks as it dried, but that happens a lot with new mascaras that transfer a lot of product at once. Not a deal breaker in the least, but a word of advice is to maybe do your eye makeup before going in with concealer/ face powder to mitigate any smearing.
The most exciting thing about this mascara is that it holds a curl like no other. As someone whose lashes barely curl and struggle to hold it, this is a big deal, and for my more natural makeup look when I'm not wearing falsies, this is something that will keep my buying in the future.
No smudging, flaking or transfer throughout the day!!
The price is somewhere around $10-$11 US, making it pretty middle-of-the-road as far as mascaras go, and on the high side for a drugstore brand. I have tried less expensive mascaras I like about the same as this one, but like I said this one noticeably holds a curl better than most, so it has my stamp of approval.

on 5/26/2016 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is hands down the best mascara I've ever used! Gives you long, defined, beautiful lashes. And it's very inexpensive.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I'm pretty underwhelmed by this mascara, unfortunately. I've been using Maybelline Lash Sensational for the longest time, but I've always wanted to try this because it gets good reviews. So I got it the other day, and was pretty disappointed. For $8, it didn't really do anything. I didn't notice any added length, or anything else. I feel like I just paid for the little telescope-looking tube. The brush is insanely thin and flimsy. I usually replace my mascara every month, but I don't think I can use much longer. I will probably just go buy a Wet n' Wild one to get me through until then.

on 1/20/2016 3:26:00 AM

I was really, really disappointed with this product after hearing several people rave about it. I seem to be in the minority who LOVES the wand - I find that it distributes a good amount of product on the top lashes and it makes bottom lashes super easy.

But... my first application was super clumpy. Second was even worse. Throughout the day, the mascara smudged like crazy onto my under eyes. My concealer was gone after wiping away mascara at LEAST three times in the one day.

I've given this product several chances. I've used it almost every day for a week. I've tried using ABH lash genius to make it waterproof in hopes of no smudging to no avail. I'm keeping the wand because I love it but the formula? Not so much. Probably passing on to a friend.

This product is also pretty pricey in Australia. About $27. I much prefer my Maybelline colossal formula which is about $20 but often on sale at Priceline, Big W and Chemist Warehouse.

on 11/27/2015 1:26:00 PM

It took me a while to find this mascara. I bought the voluminous one by mistake at one point but returned it without using it because this was the one I wanted. First, the wand is very strange. I can't really call it a brush because it isn't one. It's rubber and overly flexible so I have to be careful with it, and it applies A LOT of product. My lashes wind up so clumpy that I have to have a clean spoolie right there to go through my lashes with because I can't afford to wait until the clumps dry. As for longevity, it seems to last all day, but it smears and it flakes (though only a little) and primer doesn't help or hurt so I don't bother with it. I used this mascara for 6 weeks, which is a long time for me (I usually throw mascara away after 2-3 weeks) and finally had to throw it away in September because it is too hard to remove. Even after using BB longwear eye makeup remover, KGD spa cleansing water, a makeup remover wipe, and rinsing thoroughly with water, I would wind up with mascara on my pillowcase and smudges of mascara under my eyes the next day.

on 11/24/2015 9:16:00 PM

This is my absolute holy grail mascara. I've been using it for years and will never ever switch! Naturally I have long and thick lashes, and this does wonders to them. I like my mascara to be a little bit clumpy, and I think that might be why I love this product so much. It might not be a good option for those who like to apply one coat and go, but it is my absolute favorite thing ever.