L'Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
L'Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Finally a drugstore mascara that lives up to its claims! It noticeably darkens and lengthens my puny lashes quite a bit and does not irritate my sensitive eyes. The wand makes it easy and precise to use and prevents clumping. I don't wear bottom lash mascara daily, but when I do, this works. All day wear with no clumping. flaking or smearing? Yes please!

on 3/18/2016 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Just bought this mascara today. I have tried every mascara going and my HG will always be Diorshow mascara. Nothing comes close to it as far as lengthening and volume. But it is an expensive buy and I'm always searching for a drug store alternative that will give me similar results in case I run out of Dior. I always have a Masterpiece mascara in my make up bag as it is a good mascara for everyday and doesn't clump. So I recommend that one. But as far as this goes , it is truly the worst mascara Iv ever tried. I have naturally quite long lashes anyway but i do need a bit of plumping ( don't we all ! ) so volume is what I'm after. Firstly the brush is awful. It's a plastic comb type , which I am used to using as I have the YSL Babydoll mascara which is similar in design. The YSL one distributes lovely and evenly , but this one just covers the lashes in product and sticks them together like glue. The product is too wet , then dries too hard. It does not separate, it does the total opposite in fact. Clumps up immediately, and goes everywhere. Leaving you looking like youv got about five thick lashes on your eyes :( I tried this as I said , just to give it a go but it will be going straight in the bin. Please ladies save your money and DO NOT waste it on this. So mad at myself for believing the hype on this one but we live and learn. I will be getting my Dior and sticking to what I know and love from now on ! x

on 2/5/2016 2:49:00 PM

I love this mascara!! My holy grail mascara. I love how it lengthens my lashes and how voluminous it makes them. I love the formula not so thick and it doesn't clump them. I wear several coats of mascara and it makes them look so full. I have a tutorial using this mascara

on 1/27/2016 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hands down one of the best mascara's I've ever used....have tried a lot of different ones including high end and drugstore. The wand is very skinny and small but gives amazing length and definition. Great product for sure!

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

It's just ok... I was actually surprised to see so many positive reviews. I find it to be super wet and it just doesn't do enough for me. You have to work with it a lot to get results. It takes this mascara at least 2-3 coats to do what my holy grail does with one coat. It comes off way too easily and smudges.

on 12/14/2015 11:33:00 AM

I usually love and only use L'Oreal mascaras but this one was such a disaster. My HG ones are voluminous carbon black and miss manga. I wanted to try this because all my friends love it and the reviews seemed good but I honestly hated hated hated this mascara!!! First time I tried it, my eyelashes look so sad and pathetic I had to top it off with another mascara. Not sure if it's because I'm so use to the voluminous mascaras but when my friend wears this her eyelashes look amazing so I tried her suggestion with using it for a week or two so enough air gets into it and makes it apply better but nope.. nothing, makes my eyelashes look thin, and gives no curl, my eyelashes seemed to take on a lot of product (no matter how much I scrapped off the brush), they would clump a bit and flakes like crazy. I usually like a no make-up look and thought this would be a little perfect but the formula or the brush drives me insane, I really can't describe it but this mascara was a miss for me. I forever regret buying it as I didn't wait for it to be on sale. I gave this mascara a month (wore it maybe 3 times a week alone) before I dumped this thing in my trash can.

on 11/5/2015 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This mascara has two pros: it's very black, and it's inexpensive, aside from that it's pretty much garbage. The length it adds is minimal, it will not hold a curl, and it both smudges AND flakes at the same time. I've probably worn this mascara 20 times or so and every time I end up with stick-straight lashes and black smudges and flakes around my eyes. Will not repurchase.

on 4/29/2015 3:32:00 PM

This is my Holy Grail for mascaras, regardless of brand or price point.

Glossy black color and the comb picks out every single lash - every. single. one. I have crappie lashes - short, sparse, etc - and this mascara makes me look like I have on false lashes.

This doesn't flake or smudge even after hours of humid wear. I will say that when I first buy the mascara, I do have to blot the brush with a clean tissue every time I use it, or it puts waaaaaaay too much product on my lashes a la Tammy Fay, but I don't really think that is a complaint!

I think this is similar to Benefit's They're Real! mascara, in formula and brush - just a lot cheaper. :)

on 3/6/2015 10:37:00 AM

I've tried other versions in the Telescopic range that I really liked, but this one isn't doing anything special for me. The formula doesn't give my lashes any considerable length, nor does it make them super black as the name 'carbon black' implies. I also may have a defective wand/tube because once I take the wand out of the tube, it is very hard to put back in. It's almost like the tube opening is too narrow and you have to fit the wand in a very specific way. Not impressed...I'll stick with my Cover Girl Lash Blash Length for now.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Ok i looove this stuff! Its honestly amazing, i wasn't really expecting anything to big but it made my eye lashes so much longer and it didn't make them all hard and clumpy like other mascaras do. They felt so soft and natural, i will definitely re-purchase. if you have short lashes in need of lengthening, here you go!