L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

3.9

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I enjoy the consistency and color of the product. It is creamy, but not wet and goopy and heavy. I prefer drier mascaras, but this isn't exactly a drier formula. It's like a gel-cream, and I love it, which is unlike me. It lengthens my lashes. I normally look like I have no lashes at all- very thin, straight, short lashes. This added length, but surprisingly added volume as well. I normally layer a length mascara and then a volume mascara over it. I would advise against layering this mascara, or layering a volume mascara over it-lashes could stick together if that is done. Just one swipe-leads to beautiful volume and length. I love the deep carbon black color. I does not curl my lashes, and I did have to curl my lashes beforehand. My eyelids are super dry, so most mascaras hold a curl for me, except the really liquidy ones. This held a curl longer than most mascaras, but not as long as Lash blast volume, or Clump Crusher from Covergirl.
I like the plastic comb tip, but I HATE the long flimsy wand. It WILL hit the neck of the tube and BEND 90 degrees if you're in a hurry, so make sure to wake up earlier. I will repurchase because I LOVE the formula and the effect, despite the paranoia of breaking the flimsy light plastic wand. Great Formula+ shitty packaging. I would ignore the horrible packaging because very few mascaras give me visible lashes. Beggars can't be choosers lol. If you have better luck with mascaras in general, you could pass. Also idk what would happen with oilier eyelids. Mine are super dry.

Best drugstore mascara I have ever tried!!! Its perfect. It lengthens a TON and is very black. Never smudges or runs even when i'm sweating like crazy. Never flakes off or clumps and keeps a curl ALL DAY!! So happy I finally found my HG mascara that is affordable!! This is a dupe for the YSL babydoll and Lancome grandiose mascara!!! Thank you Loreal for this drugstore gem!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love telescopic and I’ve used it with regularity over the years. The Carbon Black is hard to find here, (I actually thought it had been discontinued). It took me a while to find it and give it a try.
I’ve been using it exclusively since I got it about two months ago. It provides excellent lengthening and definition - really separates lashes well; it’s not the most thickening mascara - however, it works beautifully with lash primer to add fullness.
One of the reasons I’ve been using this so much is I’ve been applying false lashes (singles, not cartoon cow Instagram lashes) and this works beautifully over them.

Also, it seems to be lasting longer than most- product use wise. I think this is in part because it’s a wet formula so it doesn’t dry out. It just gets better and a bit thicker with use.
Does not flake or smudge.

on 2/12/2018 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This may be my HG mascara. I love wet formulas because they give my lashes good separation. No flaking with this one and it’s super black. I layer it on top of Maybelline Lash Discovery to hold the curl. I might not try any more mascaras again!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Holy grail mascara. I love the brush. It never gets clumpy. It's my go to for years now

on 8/3/2017 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Despite its non-waterproof status, this mascara is holy grail of all time. It gives me va-va voom length and volume while separating my lashes and coating them into a bold black color. The packaging also helps attracting my attention with its miniature telescopic design. Overall, this is a super amazing mascara.

I picked up this mascara in my search for some solid drugstore products that are comparable to my high end ones. I read that this was a dupe for the YSL Babydoll mascara. The wand is very similar and it is very lengthening. It also does a decent job of separating. It was a bit wet though and took a few days to get good. I can say it is a very good mascara. I don't think it's a dupe for the YSL because I do feel like YSL does a better job of thickening my lashes as well as separating and lengthening. I would definitely purchase this mascara again.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product is just ok for me. It definitely gives length, but it also clumps my lashes so badly that I end up looking like I only have 3 really long lashes. No thanks.

I think I'm the minority here. I don't like this mascara. It's very clumpy and too wet for my liking. This mascara makes my lashes stick together. And also it is really hard to remove even with a cleansing balm. Very dissapointing.

Holy grail mascara for me. I have very straight lazy lashes that will stand at attention with an eyelash curler, but only for a little while. Most mascaras won't help them hold a curl, but this one does. It's not particularly volumizing, but I like to pair with my Lancome Cils Booster for added volume and the combo does wonders. The small brush is genius because mascara doesn't get everything and it's easy to coat every lash. It also doesn't flake on me at all. Just brilliant.