L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

3.3

on 6/3/2011 4:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I bought this product as I loved my L'Oreal Telescopic Waterproof Mascara. This formula is not, in any way the same as the Carbon Black. The Carbon Black definitely adds length to my lashes. However, I did not like this product as it did not hold its curl. I always curl my lashes (which are quite straight and don't have much curl at all) before applying mascara, but when I applied the L'Oreal Telescopic Carbon black, the lashes would droop down to their original state making my lashes look short again. The formula of the mascara is okay- It goes on smoothly, doesn't clump and doesn't dry out. BUT the mascara takes quite a long time to dry on your lashes which can cause smudging to occur. I liked the mascara wand as it does separate and lengthen the lashes, similar to the Waterproof version. This mascara does not really add any volume. L'Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black does nothing for my lashes or eyes. I would not repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

It's just ok... I was actually surprised to see so many positive reviews. I find it to be super wet and it just doesn't do enough for me. You have to work with it a lot to get results. It takes this mascara at least 2-3 coats to do what my holy grail does with one coat. It comes off way too easily and smudges.

on 9/15/2015 4:09:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

This is the only mascara I've been using for the past 5 years so I've gone through quite many of these. I've tried other ones ofc but they've always ended up being my lower lash mascaras. I don't have to curl my lashes when I use this, it's very black and lengthening.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I can see why many people like this mascara. The tiny bristles and the small flexible tip of the wand can reach every lash from root to end!!! This product elongates the lashes very beautifully and once the black formula dries, it does not seem to flake or damage the curl achieved, which is great! It reminded me of Mary Kay's Lash Love mascara because the wand is almost identical! If you build this on your lashes with around 3 coats, the length will be so great you probably won't need to use falsies on a night out either. Now, that's just all about the good things I can say about this mascara.

If you have scarce lashes, you will love this because it will create volume coating everything evenly. But if you're like me, and have a lot of curly lashes, this product will clump them together with black gunk and it will be a mess! Because the tiny bristles on the wand are not big enough to comb through every single lash so it will be just a clump of black film you will have to remove with tissue paper. The bristles are TINY, so small I think the company should have made it clear that this is only for girls with straight, scarce, non existent lashes. The tip of the wand is not like a tiny brush, it's more like a tiny stick.

The volume achieved with this is clumpy, your lashes might look like spider legs, not natural at all. So, overall, although this mascara has huge potential, it is definitely not for me! I'll just stay faithful to my Etude House 3 Step Volumecara, although I don't really regret this purchase, I bought it on sale, 40% off so it costed me like $5. Hope this review helps some of you guys!

******UPDATE *********
Wore it all day and it flakes! Like crazy! Big no no for me!

on 8/14/2013 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Nope. Years ago, I used to love L'Oreal Voluminous mascara, I thought it was great and then I bought good mascaras like MAC Lash Deluxe. L'Oreal's mascaras are usually wonderful but their Telescopic mascaras have a terribly awkward and silly brush.

The Telescopic Carbon Black mascara is very black which is good but the brush is too awkward for the lashes at the corner of my eyes and it is lengthening but not thickening. And because of the brush's awkwardness, my middle lashes look fine but not the rest! LOL

I cannot figure out how to use that silly brush! Ridiculous.

on 7/29/2012 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This is my go to mascara. It really lengthens my lashes, and I always get compliments. You just have to master the control of the wand. Love it!!

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I really like this product. I have quite short, sparse lashes and this makes me look like i actually have lashes!

I find that smallers, thinner brushes seem to work better for me over bigger brushes. I love the consistency of the product. Its quite watery but doesnt dry to quickly so it gives you time to reapply. I have quite watery eyes and this is one of the only mascara's that seems work.

I never seem to have a smudging or flaking with this mascara. I use mine with my heated eyelash curler, after applying mascara.

I'm on my second tube and would definately repurchase again. The price is reasonable considering i've paid 20+ for worst mascara's

on 7/14/2008 6:19:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I randomly pick this mascara from duty free and I totally love it as the reviewer below said, if you use this with your regular mascara you wil not only gain some more length but also carbon black lashes. Give it a try gals :)