L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

4.4

on 9/29/2015 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This is one of my favourite drugstore mascaras which I have tried. The wand takes some getting used to but I feel as though the wand comb ensures that all of my lashes are properly coated.

It gives my lashes a lot of length but I have found that I need to use other mascaras to gain some volume. It definitely stays true to its name - 'carbon black' fits it perfectly.

I would repurchase, however i seem to have abandoned all my mascaras for the Too Faced Better than Sex mascara, my bad!

on 2/19/2015 4:10:00 PM

Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium

So the reason I gave this a 4 and not a 5 is for one reason only, because I honestly love this mascara. The reason why is because this mascara is only good for making your eyelashes look extremely long, not for making them fuller. Although I believe that no one should buy a mascara that costs more than this because this mascara is great, I just wish I could find a mascara that would make my eyelashes look full as well. I've tried covergirl and maybelline, but those just didn't do anything for my lashes. This is the best mascara I have yet to find and I recommend this to anyone, but I will keep looking for a mascara that will make my eyelashes look less like spider legs and more like eyelashes :P

on 5/28/2013 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I am a mascara fiend. I think it really defines your look with or without eyeshadow. I have semi long lashes that are sorta thick, But, am not completely blessed with lovely lashes! I have tried diorshow, mac plush lash, urban decy ones, fresh, covergirl lash blast, rimmel scandalsh etc. etc. I have always been on the hunt for an HG mascara. I tried this one and fell in love. If you love a dramatic, volume and are okay with 'clumps' like I am. this is the mascara for you. it's very easy to build. I don't have to reapply during the day, you can if you need to. although the formula dries fast when applying, wait no more than 2 mins to build. I even have worked out with this on and it doesn't smudge off. I love it. the brush is easy to use to!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Cancelled trains are the bain of my (credit card's) life, because I hang around Boots for half an hour at a time, pondering the best 3-for-2 offers, checking my Makeupalley app, putting things in and taking things out of my wire basket. On one such occasion I ended up with this, which was fanciful of me because the original Telescopic irritated my eyes.
This doesn't at all, and neither does it flake. It lasts as well as my favourite mascaras - Diorshow Extase, Clinique High Impact, Estee Lauder Sumptuous. It lengthens very well, but does clump on application, so needs agitation to seperate lashes. I find the brush most tedious, and have on occasion used a different mascara wand, which is a pain but overcomes the one negative aspect of the product.

on 6/1/2009 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I love this mascara!!! I buy one every other month. This formula is my HG during the day along with the Voluminous in Carbon Black at night....

Pros:

Great wand for my lashes. My lashes arent really thick, so I don't need the dense brush for seperation, but they are medium-long and curly. The plastic spikey wand creates a great natural but lengthy and pretty look.

The formula is a bit "wet" -er than most, but it dries fast and washes off pretty easily and amazingly this has never smeared or run on me.. ever!

It has never clumped - but I do agree with a previous reviewer that once it dries, forget about applying another coat. I do one eye, then the other, then repeat and that works great.

The Carbon Black color is great!! It never looks faded.

CONS:
?? Can't think of any!