L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

3.9

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I got this because it was highly reviewed but I found myself just never using it. It has a tiny wand and is a hassle to put the mascara on with this. And it sticks your lashes together instead of volumizing them. Not a fan.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the skinny brush of this mascara. It's perfect for my short lashes and it's the single one (apart of Clinique Bottom Lash mascara) that I can easily use on my bottom lashes.
I don't find the formula to be too liquid. It's perfect.
The mascara gives length, a bit of volume, it doesn't transfer and doesn't give any clumps.
Unfortunately, I have very sensitive eyes and wearing it hurts / irritates my lashline.
Not for me, but a good product nevertheless.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love telescopic and I’ve used it with regularity over the years. The Carbon Black is hard to find here, (I actually thought it had been discontinued). It took me a while to find it and give it a try.
I’ve been using it exclusively since I got it about two months ago. It provides excellent lengthening and definition - really separates lashes well; it’s not the most thickening mascara - however, it works beautifully with lash primer to add fullness.
One of the reasons I’ve been using this so much is I’ve been applying false lashes (singles, not cartoon cow Instagram lashes) and this works beautifully over them.

Also, it seems to be lasting longer than most- product use wise. I think this is in part because it’s a wet formula so it doesn’t dry out. It just gets better and a bit thicker with use.
Does not flake or smudge.

on 10/15/2017 4:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Wow, ok I have naturally long curly dark lashes. All mascara's seem to work the same on me and don't really affect my lashes or if they do it becomes super clumped together! Iv'e owned lots of mascara's. (Lancome hypnose, lancome big monsier, too faced better than sex, makeup forever, nars, maybelline, etc.....)

But one day I saw some girl in a store with literally perfect seperated lashes so I had to ask what she used. She told me only one coat of the telescopic. I thought she probably is just lucky and has real nice lashes, but I bought this out of sheer curiosity expecting it to be the same as all the other mascara's I tried. Nothing special.

BUT BOY WAS I WRONG. This shit literally seperated each one of my lashes, and gave them an extremely beautiful dolly falsified effect! I have never seen a mascara perform like this before. So if you want perfect fake dolly looking lashes (or natural with one coat) Seriously get this now!! The price is a steal too. Forever changed my lashes!! <3333 you won't ever pry this from my dead cold hands hehe

Holy grail mascara for me. I have very straight lazy lashes that will stand at attention with an eyelash curler, but only for a little while. Most mascaras won't help them hold a curl, but this one does. It's not particularly volumizing, but I like to pair with my Lancome Cils Booster for added volume and the combo does wonders. The small brush is genius because mascara doesn't get everything and it's easy to coat every lash. It also doesn't flake on me at all. Just brilliant.

on 10/27/2016 8:10:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I like the thin tube and wand. (The fat mascara tubes are killing my storage area), also this has no synthetic rose scent that Manga and Butterfly do.

The teeth on the applicator go through my lashes well and provide long length but not really much volume, if you go heavy with multiple coats this mascara sticks my lashes together. The pigment is very deep and it keeps a curl.
It didn't smear or flake, a little extra effort is needed to remove it.

I enjoy this mascara because it gives me noticeable length and extra black lashes and a dramatic look with one coat.

on 4/20/2016 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been wearing mascaras for a Very Long Time and I can honestly say that this is the WORST mascara I've ever used. The applicator is so weak and flimsy that it cannot be easily inserted back into the tube. It bends and wiggles like a worm. The product itself doesn't give any volume, only length, then clumps. So you end up with what looks like 5 long skinny lashes. Then the ends of the lashes start turning down. Hideous!

on 3/6/2016 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

It looks so good on the lashes. Lengthens well, but it smudges by the end of the day. I don't really like buying waterproof formulas though. The waterproof version might be better, but not the regular version unfortunately.

on 2/12/2016 12:34:00 AM

This my mascara has been my only go to for about a year now and I don't feel the need to try a new one. I've tried mascara from MAC, YSL, Clinique, and every other drugstore brand you can think of and I feel that this one beats them all. It makes my eyelashes look fuller and longer. It doesn't clump my lashes, doesn't flake, and it's perfect when I wear fake eyelashes. It's also great for the price I pay which is about $8 depending on where I buy it.

Before I first bought this product I was using mascaras in the £5.99 price bracket. I first picked it up because it was under a special offer and I had heard a lot of people raving about this mascara.

At first the brush baffled me, I was under the impression that a bigger brush = bigger lashes, I was wrong. The first use was not the best, the brush being so small allows you to get quite a lot of the actual mascara onto your lashes and at first it was a bit tricky to distribute it evenly across my eye, I would end up with a blob in one area but after about the third use I was used to applying it and loved the effect.

It really prevents your eyelashes clumping an separates them perfectly. The small brush allows you to get right to the base of your lashes preventing that horrid pale gap which can be really noticeable if you wear black eyeliner. It is especially good for the lower lashes as I always found these would be more noticeably clumpy!

This mascara is also so good for layering due to the great separation of lashes the brush gives which gives your eyes a really defined, dramatic look. So if it doesn't feel right at first, keep trying with it and it will soon become a firm favourite!