L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Carbon Black

L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Carbon Black

3.9

on 10/22/2018 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

6 Skinny Lashes – I have thin lashes and the wet mascara formula combined with the comb rubber wand made it look like I had about 6 skinny eyelashes. This really didn’t work for me and I have concluded that I need a nylon bristle wand for lash separation. The little comb teeth just glued all my lashes together. I also got zero volumizing (even though I know this isn’t marketed as) although the lengthening was okay. For the price of $10.99 this just isn’t worth it for my type of lashes. I have had better luck with Essence mascaras, Maybelline Black Drama Falsies, CG Super Thick Lash or the Catrice Lashes to Kill, all of which are cheaper.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've been a telescopic fan for years, but just recently bought the carbon black and I'm in love! It's a wetter formula than the original, but it dries fairly quickly and the finished result is so gorgeous! Fanned out and dark inky black. Removes easily and doesn't smudge from what I can tell, even in 100 degree Texas humidity. Will buy over and over again.

on 2/12/2018 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This may be my HG mascara. I love wet formulas because they give my lashes good separation. No flaking with this one and it’s super black. I layer it on top of Maybelline Lash Discovery to hold the curl. I might not try any more mascaras again!

on 1/2/2018 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I cannot understand the bad reviews that say this clumps. I don't know if they are getting old ones that are dried out or perhaps a different product but I've purchased probably at least 25 of these and never had one that clumped on me. NOT ONE! I don't find it wetter than many super high end mascaras and they all take a couple of minutes to dry, maybe more depending on how many coats you apply. I'll take a bit wet over a bit dry any day. This is.....Holy grail. I LOVE this mascara even though I do use others also, this is the my favorite for my bottom lashes. One coat will not give you tons of fullness, a decent amount of length but one coat will not give you huge falsie effect lashes, but you can easily go back in and do more coats and it doesn't clump. It doesn't flake, give me raccoon eyes, stays on all day and is easy to remove. LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I always keep this on hand mainly for one reason. Bottom lashes. The thin, small wand is sheer perfection for lower lashes. I can easily get into the inner corner and each lash is perfectly separate. It dries fast but if you do a double coat on the top lashes, it can take a few minutes, so give it time to dry before using a setting spray or it will smear. Just let it dry. My one complaint is that I wish the wand was a bit stiffer because sometimes when I go to put it back in the tube and I miss the opening, it wants to bend. But that's really my fault, if I look carefully that doesn't happen but it's small so if I just try to go for it without looking really well I miss the opening more than I do with fat wands. If you like natural, wispy lashes perfectly separated, one coat of this and you are out the door. Add more coats if you want them thicker or use another for the top and this for the bottom lashes.

It is deep black, curls, separates, I can't think of one con to this mascara. I love it! Plus Walgreen's frequently has buy one get the other 50% off so I stock up. It's really good, if you haven't tried it, catch it on sale and try it. If for nothing else, for your bottom lashes.

Details:
L'Oréal's Telescopic Carbon Black Mascara features a patented no clump brush that applies the mascara precisely for long, perfectly defined lashes. Removes easily with soap and water. Ophthalmologist tested. Allergy tested. Suitable for those with sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers. Fragrance free.

Ingredients:
Aqua / Water / Eau, Paraffin, Cera Alba / Beeswax / Cire D'Abeille, Stearic Acid, Cera Carnauba / Carnauba Wax / Cire De Carnauba, Acacia Senegal / Acacia Senegal Gum, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Aminomethyl, Propanediol.

Price range is 7.99-9.99 or less if you can catch them on sale buy one get one 50% off

on 6/11/2017 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Why has this got such a good rating? It's awful. It's very wet, the bristles are so tiny that you and up clumping your lashes together. It also smudges very easily. Do not waste your money.

I think I'm the minority here. I don't like this mascara. It's very clumpy and too wet for my liking. This mascara makes my lashes stick together. And also it is really hard to remove even with a cleansing balm. Very dissapointing.

on 2/14/2017 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This was my HG mascara for a long time, though I spent the past couple years loving Essence mascaras that would be discontinued shortly after I'd bought them. During the Essence phase, I kept a couple old Telescopic wands to comb through my lashes after applying mascara. I've finally given up on multiple coats and combing through with the others, to return to this mascara, my old standby. The comblike brush design gives wonderful definition, keeping my lashes separated rather than clumpy (which is not my thing at all). I forgot how easy to use this mascara was, and after fiddling around for so long, it's good to use this again!

on 10/20/2016 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a very good mascara. It lengthens and volumises at the same time. I like the skinny brush that comes with it. Different than the rest and most importantly, it works. Its not expnsive too. Im really loving it at the moment.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I've used the Telescopic in rotations with Voluminous for about a year now (repurchased both 1x) and personally I like this one better. I have rather short, despite not-so-sparse lashes, so I could benefit from the lengthening effect of this mascara. It doesn't clump or dry too fast on me. I wear mascara on daily basis, not too heavy (1-2 coats only) and this one stays perfectly even when I sweat or walk in the rain.
I wouldn't suggest to rub your eyes when you have Telescopic on, as it would easily transfer to surrounding area and leave you with raccoon-like eyes. The stain is pretty easy to remove with oil-based remover, though.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I'm pretty underwhelmed by this mascara, unfortunately. I've been using Maybelline Lash Sensational for the longest time, but I've always wanted to try this because it gets good reviews. So I got it the other day, and was pretty disappointed. For $8, it didn't really do anything. I didn't notice any added length, or anything else. I feel like I just paid for the little telescope-looking tube. The brush is insanely thin and flimsy. I usually replace my mascara every month, but I don't think I can use much longer. I will probably just go buy a Wet n' Wild one to get me through until then.