L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

4.1

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I enjoy the consistency and color of the product. It is creamy, but not wet and goopy and heavy. I prefer drier mascaras, but this isn't exactly a drier formula. It's like a gel-cream, and I love it, which is unlike me. It lengthens my lashes. I normally look like I have no lashes at all- very thin, straight, short lashes. This added length, but surprisingly added volume as well. I normally layer a length mascara and then a volume mascara over it. I would advise against layering this mascara, or layering a volume mascara over it-lashes could stick together if that is done. Just one swipe-leads to beautiful volume and length. I love the deep carbon black color. I does not curl my lashes, and I did have to curl my lashes beforehand. My eyelids are super dry, so most mascaras hold a curl for me, except the really liquidy ones. This held a curl longer than most mascaras, but not as long as Lash blast volume, or Clump Crusher from Covergirl.
I like the plastic comb tip, but I HATE the long flimsy wand. It WILL hit the neck of the tube and BEND 90 degrees if you're in a hurry, so make sure to wake up earlier. I will repurchase because I LOVE the formula and the effect, despite the paranoia of breaking the flimsy light plastic wand. Great Formula+ shitty packaging. I would ignore the horrible packaging because very few mascaras give me visible lashes. Beggars can't be choosers lol. If you have better luck with mascaras in general, you could pass. Also idk what would happen with oilier eyelids. Mine are super dry.

on 1/4/2019 7:35:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Best mascara ever. Does not burn my eyes, does not flake, separates and lengthens lashes like no other mascara I’ve tried! The original telescopic is good but the carbon black makes it more intense which I love!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the skinny brush of this mascara. It's perfect for my short lashes and it's the single one (apart of Clinique Bottom Lash mascara) that I can easily use on my bottom lashes.
I don't find the formula to be too liquid. It's perfect.
The mascara gives length, a bit of volume, it doesn't transfer and doesn't give any clumps.
Unfortunately, I have very sensitive eyes and wearing it hurts / irritates my lashline.
Not for me, but a good product nevertheless.

Best drugstore mascara I have ever tried!!! Its perfect. It lengthens a TON and is very black. Never smudges or runs even when i'm sweating like crazy. Never flakes off or clumps and keeps a curl ALL DAY!! So happy I finally found my HG mascara that is affordable!! This is a dupe for the YSL babydoll and Lancome grandiose mascara!!! Thank you Loreal for this drugstore gem!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love telescopic and I’ve used it with regularity over the years. The Carbon Black is hard to find here, (I actually thought it had been discontinued). It took me a while to find it and give it a try.
I’ve been using it exclusively since I got it about two months ago. It provides excellent lengthening and definition - really separates lashes well; it’s not the most thickening mascara - however, it works beautifully with lash primer to add fullness.
One of the reasons I’ve been using this so much is I’ve been applying false lashes (singles, not cartoon cow Instagram lashes) and this works beautifully over them.

Also, it seems to be lasting longer than most- product use wise. I think this is in part because it’s a wet formula so it doesn’t dry out. It just gets better and a bit thicker with use.
Does not flake or smudge.

This mascara lengthens LIKE NO OTHER. However, it is poor at seperating lashes and has an extremely wet formula. This mascara also lacks the volume I desire for my lashes. It also takes a long time to apply because of the small, thin, comb-like brush attached to it.

on 2/12/2018 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This may be my HG mascara. I love wet formulas because they give my lashes good separation. No flaking with this one and it’s super black. I layer it on top of Maybelline Lash Discovery to hold the curl. I might not try any more mascaras again!

on 1/2/2018 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I cannot understand the bad reviews that say this clumps. I don't know if they are getting old ones that are dried out or perhaps a different product but I've purchased probably at least 25 of these and never had one that clumped on me. NOT ONE! I don't find it wetter than many super high end mascaras and they all take a couple of minutes to dry, maybe more depending on how many coats you apply. I'll take a bit wet over a bit dry any day. This is.....Holy grail. I LOVE this mascara even though I do use others also, this is the my favorite for my bottom lashes. One coat will not give you tons of fullness, a decent amount of length but one coat will not give you huge falsie effect lashes, but you can easily go back in and do more coats and it doesn't clump. It doesn't flake, give me raccoon eyes, stays on all day and is easy to remove. LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I always keep this on hand mainly for one reason. Bottom lashes. The thin, small wand is sheer perfection for lower lashes. I can easily get into the inner corner and each lash is perfectly separate. It dries fast but if you do a double coat on the top lashes, it can take a few minutes, so give it time to dry before using a setting spray or it will smear. Just let it dry. My one complaint is that I wish the wand was a bit stiffer because sometimes when I go to put it back in the tube and I miss the opening, it wants to bend. But that's really my fault, if I look carefully that doesn't happen but it's small so if I just try to go for it without looking really well I miss the opening more than I do with fat wands. If you like natural, wispy lashes perfectly separated, one coat of this and you are out the door. Add more coats if you want them thicker or use another for the top and this for the bottom lashes.

It is deep black, curls, separates, I can't think of one con to this mascara. I love it! Plus Walgreen's frequently has buy one get the other 50% off so I stock up. It's really good, if you haven't tried it, catch it on sale and try it. If for nothing else, for your bottom lashes.

Details:
L'Oréal's Telescopic Carbon Black Mascara features a patented no clump brush that applies the mascara precisely for long, perfectly defined lashes. Removes easily with soap and water. Ophthalmologist tested. Allergy tested. Suitable for those with sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers. Fragrance free.

Ingredients:
Aqua / Water / Eau, Paraffin, Cera Alba / Beeswax / Cire D'Abeille, Stearic Acid, Cera Carnauba / Carnauba Wax / Cire De Carnauba, Acacia Senegal / Acacia Senegal Gum, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Aminomethyl, Propanediol.

Price range is 7.99-9.99 or less if you can catch them on sale buy one get one 50% off

I think I'm the minority here. I don't like this mascara. It's very clumpy and too wet for my liking. This mascara makes my lashes stick together. And also it is really hard to remove even with a cleansing balm. Very dissapointing.

I've been using this for years after a hard battle of desperately looking for THE mascara that would work for me. I have fine, blonde/almost invisible eyelashes and whilst they're quite long, a lot of mascaras would be too thick and heavy to hold the curl. This stuff goes on really smoothly and with the really fine wand means you can get every lash and you can get it it right down to the lash line without any disasters.
When it comes to doing the bottom lashes I would suggest doing the top ones first and then the bottom without putting the wand back in the tube. Having less product on the wand really helps a more natural look and prevents mascara on the face situations!