L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

3.7

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I was at the DS looking for a new mascara and as I walked past the l'oreal section looking for my voluminous carbon black mascara I saw the telescopic and remembered all the craze over this mascara. So I picked it up and gave it a try the next day. My initial thoughts like most people, is that the brush is very small. However, I personally like smaller, thinner brushes. I curled my lashes and then applied the mascara. I noticed immediately the formula was very wet and made my curl fall out instantly. I kept applying the mascara like I usually do and then I began noticing these tiny little clumps close to the roots of my lashes. I thought maybe using a different mascara would help take them away but that just made it worse so I combed through my lashes with a small lash comb. That helped a little but it did take a while. After, I recurled my lashes and that's when I fell in love. Up close next to a mirror my lashes looked okay but from far away they looked very voluminous and LONG. I have very thin short lashes but this mascara made them look fantastic. No smudging, slight flaking but I can look past it bexcuse of the way my lashes looked. I would say give it a try if you see it! I'd buy this one over the regular carbon black mascara any day!!

on 11/11/2014 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Best mascara lasts me 9 months using it everyday

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This was just typical to me. Not bad but not good either. I do not notice anything great about the length it built, just average.
It smudged onto my lower and upper lids as the day went on.

on 11/22/2013 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I really wanted to like this mascara. After running out of my Maybelline Falsies masccara (which is amazing btw) i decided to grab the Loreal telescopic. as i said i really really wanted to like this but this mascara didnt hold a curl for me. It has amazing lenghthening power but after few seconds my lashes just fall and go straight :/ I guess ill just be going back to my falsies.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I tend to shy away from L'oreal mascaras because they don't work for me. Formulas tend to be too wet, clumpy and goopy. I don't know what possessed me to get this but I'm so glad I did. I was searching a long time for a fabulous lengthening mascara. But, I was striking out. The search ends here. The brush is very thin with small plastic bristles. I have short lashes to begin with but very tiny little specks of lashes at the inner corners. This brush works absolutely incredible with my lashes. It grabs every one and stretches them out to these long lush jet black lashes! Plus, no clumps! However, as with most L'oreal mascaras, you can't do tons of coats to build with this one. I was only able to do two generous coats before it started to get goopy.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this mascara!! I had some doubts before but after seeing a video of one of my favorite makeup guru's on youtube, I was completely convinced! This mascara makes your eyelashes look really bold and long and it DOES NOT smudge, which blew me away! It's pretty easy to remove with any eye makeup remover or just soap and water =) I got mine for around $10 at Target and have been having it for about a month so far.. Highly reccomend! It gives great length but can get a little clumpy once you start layering it..

on 3/28/2012 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really like the ball-shaped applicator tip. Can apply mascara to the corners of my eyes without touching loose skin. Skipped mascara before because it was hard maneuvering the usual long wand, but this round tip works for me!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Wanted to love this product as I based buying it solely on MUA reviews. Purchased at CVS for $10.95 and will be returning it. Liked the packaging and the wand but it just didn't perform as I hoped. First off, I would classify my asian lashes as short, wimpy, thin, and breakable. I have to use an eyelash curler daily as my lashes grow straight down. I curl-pump for about 10 seconds and need to apply mascara in a hurry before my lashes drop back into place. This stuff doesn't hold the curl at all, doesn't thicken or volumize. I was going for a more natural look but just couldn't achieve it. Sigh. Will stick with L'Oreal's voluminous in waterproof black - NOT carbon black, eww. I think something in the waterproof mascaras keeps my lashes curled.
Have read that telescopic is a good base mascara...I'm going to be honest and say that my time is too valuable to be messing around with two different mascaras every morning. My morning makeup application takes 10 minutes and if it went beyond that, it would be time to assess what the problem is with the products I'm using.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I love this mascara, but I will say upfront that it is not volumizing. If you are looking for a mascara to thicken sparse lashes, this is not the mascara for you.

That said...that's exactly why I like it.

I have very thick, dense lashes that are reasonably long, but not as long as they were in my youth. My problem is that almost every mascara either makes them clump like crazy, or gives them this oddly messy, unruly look that drives me insane.

What I need is a product that grooms and defines while adding length but not building volume. I want something that gives my lashes a tidy uniform look and gives me back that va-va voom length that Mother Nature has taken away. (while somehow seeing fit to bestow me with superfluous chin and nose hair, the cruel, capricious bitch)

I really can't say if it's the brush or the formula, but for whatever reason, this mascra does exactly what I want it to do.

Yes, the formulation is fairly wet and somewhat thin. That's why it works for me. If you have sparse lashes, it will probably only succeed in gluing those you have together into a few pathetic little spikes. But for someone with thick dense lashes, the formula is perfect. I found it easy to build the length with absolutely no clumping whatsoever. Again, I don't know if it's the formulation or the brush, but I suspect it's a combination of the two.

My only complaint is that it's not very water resistant at all. Notice I did not say water *proof*. I dislike waterproof mascaras because even with a good eye makeup remover, they are hard on the lashes. But I do like a mascara that can stand up to the normal and expected moisture that is present in the eye area. It performed well through a very intense workout without smearing, but ran when a few random raindrops hit my face. I do like that it's easy to remove however. I think it's going to be very gentle on my lashes, which is a good thing, especially as they are definitely changing with age and becoming more brittle and less lush.

Overall I'm very pleased with this product and will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is amazing! It definitely gives me both volume and length at the same time without any clumps, and it holds the curl so well (Last the whole day). I don't even have to use eyelash curler at all! No smudge and easy to take off with warm water. Best of all, it's very buildable. You can wear one layer to be natural or to build up for a dramatic faux look. Favorite mascara so far.The only cons is the price in Australia is ridiculous..26 AUD..almost the same as department store product..Only would buy it if I can find a cheap source.