L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Carbon Black

Filtered by skin type : Combination
L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Carbon Black

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've been a telescopic fan for years, but just recently bought the carbon black and I'm in love! It's a wetter formula than the original, but it dries fairly quickly and the finished result is so gorgeous! Fanned out and dark inky black. Removes easily and doesn't smudge from what I can tell, even in 100 degree Texas humidity. Will buy over and over again.

This is one of my two go-to-forever mascaras! (The there is CoverGirl’s LashBlast mascara in the orange tube). The formula for this particular mascara is quite wet, and SO black. I never buy waterproof mascara so I can only review the regular version, and have never had an issue with flakes. What I adore most about it is how long and lean my lashes look! First coat I typically get really log looking lashes by simply swiping from root to tip. For the second coat (if you have the time), go at the base of your lashes to the middle and do a little back and forth wiggle (side to side rather than root to tip). This will add some bulk at the base, creating a more voluminous look and prevent your lashes from drooping down throughout the day. As you use the product over a few months it will dry out a bit more but still give you an amazing outcome! My only complaint would be the price. It’s usually around $12 where I live.

on 12/27/2017 6:02:00 PM

This is the best mascara I used for my lashes. The only downside is that it takes long to dry. It takes some practice but with given 2 mins I have in the morning to apply it, it creates quite a wow effect. My lashes require definition, they are not particularly long or thick but this mascara turns them into decent looking eyelashes. Except Lancôme Fatale which has been withdrawn from the market, it’s the only one that gives me a satisfactory result in no time.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Finally a drugstore mascara that lives up to its claims! It noticeably darkens and lengthens my puny lashes quite a bit and does not irritate my sensitive eyes. The wand makes it easy and precise to use and prevents clumping. I don't wear bottom lash mascara daily, but when I do, this works. All day wear with no clumping. flaking or smearing? Yes please!

I picked up this mascara in my search for some solid drugstore products that are comparable to my high end ones. I read that this was a dupe for the YSL Babydoll mascara. The wand is very similar and it is very lengthening. It also does a decent job of separating. It was a bit wet though and took a few days to get good. I can say it is a very good mascara. I don't think it's a dupe for the YSL because I do feel like YSL does a better job of thickening my lashes as well as separating and lengthening. I would definitely purchase this mascara again.

on 6/11/2017 8:23:00 AM

This is one of my favorite mascaras! Along with maybelline lash sensational. The telescopic formula, like others have been saying, is wet. I personally like my mascara to be wet over dry. Dry formulas make my lashes fall out. Telescopic does not! It also has a slim brush that makes it easy for really getting at the root of your lashes and getting your bottom lashes as well. I've never has it flake or smudge on me; it lasts all day and holds curl.

I think I'm the minority here. I don't like this mascara. It's very clumpy and too wet for my liking. This mascara makes my lashes stick together. And also it is really hard to remove even with a cleansing balm. Very dissapointing.

I've been using this for years after a hard battle of desperately looking for THE mascara that would work for me. I have fine, blonde/almost invisible eyelashes and whilst they're quite long, a lot of mascaras would be too thick and heavy to hold the curl. This stuff goes on really smoothly and with the really fine wand means you can get every lash and you can get it it right down to the lash line without any disasters.
When it comes to doing the bottom lashes I would suggest doing the top ones first and then the bottom without putting the wand back in the tube. Having less product on the wand really helps a more natural look and prevents mascara on the face situations!

Holy grail mascara for me. I have very straight lazy lashes that will stand at attention with an eyelash curler, but only for a little while. Most mascaras won't help them hold a curl, but this one does. It's not particularly volumizing, but I like to pair with my Lancome Cils Booster for added volume and the combo does wonders. The small brush is genius because mascara doesn't get everything and it's easy to coat every lash. It also doesn't flake on me at all. Just brilliant.

on 10/27/2016 8:10:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I like the thin tube and wand. (The fat mascara tubes are killing my storage area), also this has no synthetic rose scent that Manga and Butterfly do.

The teeth on the applicator go through my lashes well and provide long length but not really much volume, if you go heavy with multiple coats this mascara sticks my lashes together. The pigment is very deep and it keeps a curl.
It didn't smear or flake, a little extra effort is needed to remove it.

I enjoy this mascara because it gives me noticeable length and extra black lashes and a dramatic look with one coat.