L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

4.3

on 1/31/2016 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I didn't realize how much I loved this mascara until I started trying other ones.

This one lengthens and separates my already somewhat thick lashes without clumping or giving me spider lashes, which I hate. My lashes don't feel crunchy, sticky, or brittle. Once it dries, it doesn't smudge and give me raccoon eyes. It won't smear if I accidentally rub my eyes and won't give me those weird black "eye boogers" (ew).

This isn't great for curl, but I don't really mind. It's still literally the only mascara I wear because (a) it works, and (b) it doesn't screw with my eyes, as a contact wearer.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am a mascara junkie and try everything ... but this, along with Maybelline Volume Express, is what I keep going back to (I have totally given up on the high end stuff, I truly believe the drugstore mascaras far, far outweigh the dept store brands) ... the main reason I like this so much is it separates my lashes and it's easy to cover each lash. The length is great; volume, not so much but getting them all covered - even the teensy ones in the corners, makes up for any lack of volume.
Yes, it's official ... after almost 30 years of trying mascara - and I think I truly have tried almost all of them, cheap and expensive - I declare this one and Maybelline Volume Express the winners. Good news? They both are not expensive.

on 4/3/2011 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

this is literally my favorite mascara. i normally like a teddy bear brush for my mascaras, because i think it gives them more volume and makes them look bigger, but this does a great job. i am probably on my 4th tube of this, and i really can't get enough of it. i wear it everyday and it's perfect. it makes my lashes full and long, and doesn't turn hard right after drying which a lot of mascaras with brushes like this one do. i find that mascara is something you don't need to go all out as far as price and name brand, because you can find the best mascaras at drugstores.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Love love love this mascara. It is lengthening for sure and lengthens my much need short sparse lashes by at least 3 times. This product does creat a false lash effect and it is so black and that just adds sexniess to my deep set eyes for thickness I point th brush up and dab on areas to get it a little clumpy. Otherwise once you have the length with this mascara you can use another brush for thicknes (perhaps from nother mascara you have) and dab it in this tub and get the thickness you require.
This mascara wand is tightly packed and is more of a comb not a brush so you do not get clumps but lots of long lashes can be created without them gluing to eachother like spiders legs.
I cant use another mascara now its only this from now on.
I love the super deep black it really shows that other mascaras are more a deep grey because this made a real difference and gave me killer eyes that people think are false but trust me this is my secret.

It comes in a black tube with gold reflective writing which makes it glamourous for any make-up bag or dressing table.
I find the brush grabs all of the smallest lashes too and it doesnt irritate my eyess and stays put for ages with no smudging. This one isnt waterproof and I prefer that because waterproof never comes off and I find it is heaveir and the waterproof ones never seem to mimic the non-waterproof version. But this relly doesnt seemt o smudge either.
It is affordable and so far two months on it is still going strong and hasnt dried up which is definately a thumbs up.

This is great for day but much better for night for that glammed up look.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

i got this from a friend who just couldn't stand the brush, i already have the telescopic mascara in the clean definition version and like it, so i was willing to take this off of her hands. ;)

i feel like the brush in this version is much flimsier and much harder to use, the first time using this i stabbed my left upper eye and got mascara all over it, luckily only over the eyeliner, so it wasn't a huge deal but it was annoying and could have been a disaster since i always apply my mascara last.

also, i don't find this black to be any blacker than the normal telescopic's blackest black but the formula feels very similar and applies the same, just wish this had a better brush!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

The color of this mascara is fantastic. It gives a beautiful shiny black finish. The brush is odd and takes some practice, so the lashes don't clump. I have the carbon black in the Voluminous also and it is okay too. The carbon black felt tip liquid liner is also shiny and is fabulous. I highly recommend trying this carbon black series.