L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

Filtered by skin tone : Other
L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

4.3

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Yowza!! It is not often I feel compelled to write a review but in this instance I do.Why?Because after reading numerous reviews and watching tutorials I felt like I had to try it and I am super glad that I did.I used to work for a high end retail cosmetic dept and had acess to pretty much any brand I wanted and I've tried them all..Cle de Peau,Chanel,YSL,GA and the list goes on.Up until now Lancome and Benefit They're Real were my two all time faves.Why did this change my mind? It is pretty much everything I want in a mascara...1.Huge lashes2.easy to apply3.(pardon the terminology)It doesn't gook up on the wand 4.Two coats and I was totally WOWED!! 5.Nice dark black and I have to mention Huge Lashes.Now it isn't super volumizing but it made my short but curly lashes(dare I say) like falsies!! MUA reviews are my favorite reviews because I feel like the crowd on here is honest and to the point.The only downside is it makes me want to try more and more products!! And to me that really isn't a downside!! Besides even the BF noticed!! Plus it made me smile and I think most of us could use a feelgood MU smile now and then!!!

on 11/20/2007 1:31:00 PM

After I write this review, I'm going to go to the local drugstore and stock up on this stuff. I have never been loyal to one specific mascara because I never get the results I want...until now. Even my husband complimented my eyelashes, and he never notices anything like that. I'm a no-frills person when it comes to makeup, I just use the basics, but I want the basics to work,you know? Well, this stuff works. It works wonders. It does take me a little more time to use to ensure that I don't get clumps, but it's so worth it.

After the Lash Blast disaster ( see review if interested), I decided to venture into the drugstore again for another spin on the mascara aisles. I've simplified my collecting habits by focusing on very few department store brands but am somewhat morally opposed to buying high end mascara despite DBF's hipster daughter repeatedly proclaiming that Diorshow is "epic" -- well, it would be if you inherited papa's mile-long, thick lashes, but not for me, to whom genetics bestowed nothing but short wisps, in which case that fuzzy giant caterpillar of a brush is just a corneal abrasion waiting to happen. Okay, histrionics over: this L'oreal baby is a winner! It's intensely dark, true to its carbon black name. The formula is smooth and not too thick, which helps in coating my lashes evenly. I am going to be contrarian, as it's the much maligned brush that makes it work for me. Each of my straight skimpy shorties gets lengthened and defined from roots to tips precisely because of the funky, slender, toothy applicator. There is a mild clump factor with multiple layers, hence this isn't a 5, but really more of a 4.5 except there's no halves in the scoring schema. It is fairly easy to fix either with a lash comb or any stiff-bristled brush. Curl hold is reasonably good. Very mild mascara dust under the eyes later in the day, but that is an acceptable compromise given my decision to stay away from waterproof mascaras. I wasn't looking for volume so its inability to provide it is a non-issue. Next to the long-discontinued OTLs, this is one impressive L'oreal cosmetic product.

on 11/27/2016 2:33:00 PM

Very good product if you want a lot of volume and a very dramatic look. Not a natural mascara
- Can clump easy
+ you donĀ“t have to work on the lashes for a long time, it only takes 2-3 "strokes"
+ Not too expensive
+ Really black

on 6/27/2013 2:34:00 PM

This is great mascara-much better than many that were much more expensive.Extends lashes and looks natural. It is easy to apply, and it doesn't bother my contacts either!

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

The L'Oreal Telescopic and Maybelline Great Lash are the only drugstore mascaras that I enjoy and purchase. This Carbon Black forumula did not disappoint, it is a rich, black formula that looks very nice. L'Oreal's strength with the traditional Telescopic mascaras lies in the brush: a nice, slim brush that defines the lashes well. As usual, the Telescopic formula lengthens very nicely. I don't think this formula does a great deal in terms of thickening, but if your must haves in a mascara are lengthening and defining, this one is for you.

on 4/13/2013 1:58:00 AM

You hear a lot about this mascara clumping and/or creating a spidery effect. Both of which are true bases on how you apply your makeup. If you rush through it - don't use this mascara. If you can take 3 min per eye then this is DEFINITELY A GREAT MASCARA FOR YOU! It creates a sleek, dark, lengthened look. If applied correctly, it can look like you're not wearing mascara at all for ppl with dark hair. It doesn't smudge off alllll day yet comes off easily with makeup remover!! It's expensive but worth it for those ppl who want beautiful dark long clean lookin lashes all day! When applying, clumping will occur if you rush it or wait to long in between coats. Nice even coats right after each other should do the trick! It doesn't make you look like you have more lashes - but that's what eyeliner is for!! It's pricey but way cheaper than high end brands like Chanel and created a very beautiful elegant look!

on 8/31/2012 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

This is the best mascara I have EVER used. I am one of those people that will buy something that's good and I like it a lot, but I always want to try something new..espeically with mascaras, but let me tell you, I think this is about as good as it's gonna get! I'm about 95% positive I am buying this when my current one runs out. I LOVE it. The small wand does some magic on my lashes and they are literally touching my eyebrows practically. My lashes are longish, but they have no curl and they aren't very thick. This stuff makes my lashes look star-worthy. Seriously, don't hesitate..go and buy it! Even my MOTHER who has bought the same mascara for years and years says she wants to buy some of this. If that isn't any indication of how good it is I don't know what is.

The only thing telescopic about this mascara is the tube that its in and the wand. I bought this because the brand states that it will give you long - hence - telescopic - lashes and carbon - meaning very dark lashes. Well, this was more money I wasted. The mascara brush is not good at all. It made my lashes very spiky looking like a spider and its no darker than any other black mascara. For the almost $9.00 price tag for a drug store mascara, this was horrible and a waste. Cover Girl Lash Blast is a much better product. I'm finding that the thinner the brush, the spikier your lashes will be. If you want full, thick lashes, go with a brush that is wide / fat. I hate this mascara.

on 2/7/2012 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

I have a love-hate relationship with this mascara. It makes my lashes super long, and they don't flake/smudge very much... but there is almost NO volume! I am not picky when it comes to making my lashes thick, I don't ask for much but this seriously adds no thickness at all to my lashes. I may have to try this with a thickening mascara as well. If you only need length, try this!!!

EDIT: I am on my second tube of this and every single time it smudges under my eyebrow. I use the waterproof one, and use a nice Clinique foundation with a primer and it STILL gets under my brow :/