L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

Filtered by skin tone : Other
L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

4.3

on 11/27/2016 2:33:00 PM

Very good product if you want a lot of volume and a very dramatic look. Not a natural mascara
- Can clump easy
+ you donĀ“t have to work on the lashes for a long time, it only takes 2-3 "strokes"
+ Not too expensive
+ Really black

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Yowza!! It is not often I feel compelled to write a review but in this instance I do.Why?Because after reading numerous reviews and watching tutorials I felt like I had to try it and I am super glad that I did.I used to work for a high end retail cosmetic dept and had acess to pretty much any brand I wanted and I've tried them all..Cle de Peau,Chanel,YSL,GA and the list goes on.Up until now Lancome and Benefit They're Real were my two all time faves.Why did this change my mind? It is pretty much everything I want in a mascara...1.Huge lashes2.easy to apply3.(pardon the terminology)It doesn't gook up on the wand 4.Two coats and I was totally WOWED!! 5.Nice dark black and I have to mention Huge Lashes.Now it isn't super volumizing but it made my short but curly lashes(dare I say) like falsies!! MUA reviews are my favorite reviews because I feel like the crowd on here is honest and to the point.The only downside is it makes me want to try more and more products!! And to me that really isn't a downside!! Besides even the BF noticed!! Plus it made me smile and I think most of us could use a feelgood MU smile now and then!!!

on 6/27/2013 2:34:00 PM

This is great mascara-much better than many that were much more expensive.Extends lashes and looks natural. It is easy to apply, and it doesn't bother my contacts either!

on 4/13/2013 1:58:00 AM

You hear a lot about this mascara clumping and/or creating a spidery effect. Both of which are true bases on how you apply your makeup. If you rush through it - don't use this mascara. If you can take 3 min per eye then this is DEFINITELY A GREAT MASCARA FOR YOU! It creates a sleek, dark, lengthened look. If applied correctly, it can look like you're not wearing mascara at all for ppl with dark hair. It doesn't smudge off alllll day yet comes off easily with makeup remover!! It's expensive but worth it for those ppl who want beautiful dark long clean lookin lashes all day! When applying, clumping will occur if you rush it or wait to long in between coats. Nice even coats right after each other should do the trick! It doesn't make you look like you have more lashes - but that's what eyeliner is for!! It's pricey but way cheaper than high end brands like Chanel and created a very beautiful elegant look!

on 8/31/2012 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

This is the best mascara I have EVER used. I am one of those people that will buy something that's good and I like it a lot, but I always want to try something new..espeically with mascaras, but let me tell you, I think this is about as good as it's gonna get! I'm about 95% positive I am buying this when my current one runs out. I LOVE it. The small wand does some magic on my lashes and they are literally touching my eyebrows practically. My lashes are longish, but they have no curl and they aren't very thick. This stuff makes my lashes look star-worthy. Seriously, don't hesitate..go and buy it! Even my MOTHER who has bought the same mascara for years and years says she wants to buy some of this. If that isn't any indication of how good it is I don't know what is.

on 2/7/2012 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

I have a love-hate relationship with this mascara. It makes my lashes super long, and they don't flake/smudge very much... but there is almost NO volume! I am not picky when it comes to making my lashes thick, I don't ask for much but this seriously adds no thickness at all to my lashes. I may have to try this with a thickening mascara as well. If you only need length, try this!!!

EDIT: I am on my second tube of this and every single time it smudges under my eyebrow. I use the waterproof one, and use a nice Clinique foundation with a primer and it STILL gets under my brow :/

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

The L'Oreal Telescopic and Maybelline Great Lash are the only drugstore mascaras that I enjoy and purchase. This Carbon Black forumula did not disappoint, it is a rich, black formula that looks very nice. L'Oreal's strength with the traditional Telescopic mascaras lies in the brush: a nice, slim brush that defines the lashes well. As usual, the Telescopic formula lengthens very nicely. I don't think this formula does a great deal in terms of thickening, but if your must haves in a mascara are lengthening and defining, this one is for you.

on 1/5/2012 2:41:00 PM

Not a bad mascara, but there's nothing special or dramatic about it. It slightly darkens and lengthens your lashes, but that's about it, it did absolutely nothing in terms of volume. I did like how it had an almost clump-free application, and the skinny wand is really great for applying to short, Asian eyelashes without smudging all over the rest of the eyelid. But other than that, this mascara is way too subtle for me to want to spend money on it again.

I am a mascara junkie always move from one to the other trying them all out, but this might be a staple in my makeup kit. Great definition, great volume, great length. I never know if i want volume or length but this mascara does both. Really easy to use, the shape of the brush helps get even the outmost lashes, great stuff!!

on 5/5/2011 2:52:00 PM

Love, love love this mascara. My lashes look like extensions! I'm going to stock up on it, just in case they should stop making it!