L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I enjoy the consistency and color of the product. It is creamy, but not wet and goopy and heavy. I prefer drier mascaras, but this isn't exactly a drier formula. It's like a gel-cream, and I love it, which is unlike me. It lengthens my lashes. I normally look like I have no lashes at all- very thin, straight, short lashes. This added length, but surprisingly added volume as well. I normally layer a length mascara and then a volume mascara over it. I would advise against layering this mascara, or layering a volume mascara over it-lashes could stick together if that is done. Just one swipe-leads to beautiful volume and length. I love the deep carbon black color. I does not curl my lashes, and I did have to curl my lashes beforehand. My eyelids are super dry, so most mascaras hold a curl for me, except the really liquidy ones. This held a curl longer than most mascaras, but not as long as Lash blast volume, or Clump Crusher from Covergirl.
I like the plastic comb tip, but I HATE the long flimsy wand. It WILL hit the neck of the tube and BEND 90 degrees if you're in a hurry, so make sure to wake up earlier. I will repurchase because I LOVE the formula and the effect, despite the paranoia of breaking the flimsy light plastic wand. Great Formula+ shitty packaging. I would ignore the horrible packaging because very few mascaras give me visible lashes. Beggars can't be choosers lol. If you have better luck with mascaras in general, you could pass. Also idk what would happen with oilier eyelids. Mine are super dry.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I got this because it was highly reviewed but I found myself just never using it. It has a tiny wand and is a hassle to put the mascara on with this. And it sticks your lashes together instead of volumizing them. Not a fan.

on 1/4/2019 7:35:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Best mascara ever. Does not burn my eyes, does not flake, separates and lengthens lashes like no other mascara I’ve tried! The original telescopic is good but the carbon black makes it more intense which I love!

on 10/22/2018 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

6 Skinny Lashes – I have thin lashes and the wet mascara formula combined with the comb rubber wand made it look like I had about 6 skinny eyelashes. This really didn’t work for me and I have concluded that I need a nylon bristle wand for lash separation. The little comb teeth just glued all my lashes together. I also got zero volumizing (even though I know this isn’t marketed as) although the lengthening was okay. For the price of $10.99 this just isn’t worth it for my type of lashes. I have had better luck with Essence mascaras, Maybelline Black Drama Falsies, CG Super Thick Lash or the Catrice Lashes to Kill, all of which are cheaper.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the skinny brush of this mascara. It's perfect for my short lashes and it's the single one (apart of Clinique Bottom Lash mascara) that I can easily use on my bottom lashes.
I don't find the formula to be too liquid. It's perfect.
The mascara gives length, a bit of volume, it doesn't transfer and doesn't give any clumps.
Unfortunately, I have very sensitive eyes and wearing it hurts / irritates my lashline.
Not for me, but a good product nevertheless.

Best drugstore mascara I have ever tried!!! Its perfect. It lengthens a TON and is very black. Never smudges or runs even when i'm sweating like crazy. Never flakes off or clumps and keeps a curl ALL DAY!! So happy I finally found my HG mascara that is affordable!! This is a dupe for the YSL babydoll and Lancome grandiose mascara!!! Thank you Loreal for this drugstore gem!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love telescopic and I’ve used it with regularity over the years. The Carbon Black is hard to find here, (I actually thought it had been discontinued). It took me a while to find it and give it a try.
I’ve been using it exclusively since I got it about two months ago. It provides excellent lengthening and definition - really separates lashes well; it’s not the most thickening mascara - however, it works beautifully with lash primer to add fullness.
One of the reasons I’ve been using this so much is I’ve been applying false lashes (singles, not cartoon cow Instagram lashes) and this works beautifully over them.

Also, it seems to be lasting longer than most- product use wise. I think this is in part because it’s a wet formula so it doesn’t dry out. It just gets better and a bit thicker with use.
Does not flake or smudge.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've been a telescopic fan for years, but just recently bought the carbon black and I'm in love! It's a wetter formula than the original, but it dries fairly quickly and the finished result is so gorgeous! Fanned out and dark inky black. Removes easily and doesn't smudge from what I can tell, even in 100 degree Texas humidity. Will buy over and over again.

This mascara lengthens LIKE NO OTHER. However, it is poor at seperating lashes and has an extremely wet formula. This mascara also lacks the volume I desire for my lashes. It also takes a long time to apply because of the small, thin, comb-like brush attached to it.

on 2/12/2018 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This may be my HG mascara. I love wet formulas because they give my lashes good separation. No flaking with this one and it’s super black. I layer it on top of Maybelline Lash Discovery to hold the curl. I might not try any more mascaras again!