L'Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black

L'Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the skinny brush of this mascara. It's perfect for my short lashes and it's the single one (apart of Clinique Bottom Lash mascara) that I can easily use on my bottom lashes.
I don't find the formula to be too liquid. It's perfect.
The mascara gives length, a bit of volume, it doesn't transfer and doesn't give any clumps.
Unfortunately, I have very sensitive eyes and wearing it hurts / irritates my lashline.
Not for me, but a good product nevertheless.

Best drugstore mascara I have ever tried!!! Its perfect. It lengthens a TON and is very black. Never smudges or runs even when i'm sweating like crazy. Never flakes off or clumps and keeps a curl ALL DAY!! So happy I finally found my HG mascara that is affordable!! This is a dupe for the YSL babydoll and Lancome grandiose mascara!!! Thank you Loreal for this drugstore gem!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love telescopic and I’ve used it with regularity over the years. The Carbon Black is hard to find here, (I actually thought it had been discontinued). It took me a while to find it and give it a try.
I’ve been using it exclusively since I got it about two months ago. It provides excellent lengthening and definition - really separates lashes well; it’s not the most thickening mascara - however, it works beautifully with lash primer to add fullness.
One of the reasons I’ve been using this so much is I’ve been applying false lashes (singles, not cartoon cow Instagram lashes) and this works beautifully over them.

Also, it seems to be lasting longer than most- product use wise. I think this is in part because it’s a wet formula so it doesn’t dry out. It just gets better and a bit thicker with use.
Does not flake or smudge.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've been a telescopic fan for years, but just recently bought the carbon black and I'm in love! It's a wetter formula than the original, but it dries fairly quickly and the finished result is so gorgeous! Fanned out and dark inky black. Removes easily and doesn't smudge from what I can tell, even in 100 degree Texas humidity. Will buy over and over again.

This mascara lengthens LIKE NO OTHER. However, it is poor at seperating lashes and has an extremely wet formula. This mascara also lacks the volume I desire for my lashes. It also takes a long time to apply because of the small, thin, comb-like brush attached to it.

on 2/12/2018 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This may be my HG mascara. I love wet formulas because they give my lashes good separation. No flaking with this one and it’s super black. I layer it on top of Maybelline Lash Discovery to hold the curl. I might not try any more mascaras again!

This is one of my two go-to-forever mascaras! (The there is CoverGirl’s LashBlast mascara in the orange tube). The formula for this particular mascara is quite wet, and SO black. I never buy waterproof mascara so I can only review the regular version, and have never had an issue with flakes. What I adore most about it is how long and lean my lashes look! First coat I typically get really log looking lashes by simply swiping from root to tip. For the second coat (if you have the time), go at the base of your lashes to the middle and do a little back and forth wiggle (side to side rather than root to tip). This will add some bulk at the base, creating a more voluminous look and prevent your lashes from drooping down throughout the day. As you use the product over a few months it will dry out a bit more but still give you an amazing outcome! My only complaint would be the price. It’s usually around $12 where I live.

on 1/2/2018 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I cannot understand the bad reviews that say this clumps. I don't know if they are getting old ones that are dried out or perhaps a different product but I've purchased probably at least 25 of these and never had one that clumped on me. NOT ONE! I don't find it wetter than many super high end mascaras and they all take a couple of minutes to dry, maybe more depending on how many coats you apply. I'll take a bit wet over a bit dry any day. This is.....Holy grail. I LOVE this mascara even though I do use others also, this is the my favorite for my bottom lashes. One coat will not give you tons of fullness, a decent amount of length but one coat will not give you huge falsie effect lashes, but you can easily go back in and do more coats and it doesn't clump. It doesn't flake, give me raccoon eyes, stays on all day and is easy to remove. LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I always keep this on hand mainly for one reason. Bottom lashes. The thin, small wand is sheer perfection for lower lashes. I can easily get into the inner corner and each lash is perfectly separate. It dries fast but if you do a double coat on the top lashes, it can take a few minutes, so give it time to dry before using a setting spray or it will smear. Just let it dry. My one complaint is that I wish the wand was a bit stiffer because sometimes when I go to put it back in the tube and I miss the opening, it wants to bend. But that's really my fault, if I look carefully that doesn't happen but it's small so if I just try to go for it without looking really well I miss the opening more than I do with fat wands. If you like natural, wispy lashes perfectly separated, one coat of this and you are out the door. Add more coats if you want them thicker or use another for the top and this for the bottom lashes.

It is deep black, curls, separates, I can't think of one con to this mascara. I love it! Plus Walgreen's frequently has buy one get the other 50% off so I stock up. It's really good, if you haven't tried it, catch it on sale and try it. If for nothing else, for your bottom lashes.

Details:
L'Oréal's Telescopic Carbon Black Mascara features a patented no clump brush that applies the mascara precisely for long, perfectly defined lashes. Removes easily with soap and water. Ophthalmologist tested. Allergy tested. Suitable for those with sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers. Fragrance free.

Ingredients:
Aqua / Water / Eau, Paraffin, Cera Alba / Beeswax / Cire D'Abeille, Stearic Acid, Cera Carnauba / Carnauba Wax / Cire De Carnauba, Acacia Senegal / Acacia Senegal Gum, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Aminomethyl, Propanediol.

Price range is 7.99-9.99 or less if you can catch them on sale buy one get one 50% off

on 12/27/2017 6:02:00 PM

This is the best mascara I used for my lashes. The only downside is that it takes long to dry. It takes some practice but with given 2 mins I have in the morning to apply it, it creates quite a wow effect. My lashes require definition, they are not particularly long or thick but this mascara turns them into decent looking eyelashes. Except Lancôme Fatale which has been withdrawn from the market, it’s the only one that gives me a satisfactory result in no time.

on 12/26/2017 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Mascara is highly subjective depending on your particular needs and lash style.

I find that the L'Oreal Telescopic mascara is very effective for my bottom lashes. The sleek wand and bristle design evenly coat all my thin and sparse bottom lashes without clumping them together or missing sections. I continue to repurchase and use this mascara because I can always count on it to effortlessly give my finicky bottom lashes the definition I need. However, I don't find that it does much for my top lashes besides adding a bit of color to them. For that reason I use it to blend my top lashes when wearing falsies, and reach for different options when I need more volume and length.