73%

price range

Reviews

3.0

5 years ago

Nice mascara overall. Does lengthen but not much volume. Also it did not hold my curl and that's really important for me. Does not smudge and it's really dark which I like. It's not bad but there are better ones out there.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinNormal, Tan

EyesBlack

3.0

5 years ago

I found this mascara to be just okay. Pretty disappointing considering I've really liked every other L'Oreal mascara I've tried (Voluminous, Voluminous Million Lashes Excess, Double Extend, Voluminous Manga). I was excited to try this after reading all the positive reviews on here. For starters, I don't like the wand at all. I don't think I've ever liked a small wand. This mascara also didn't give me any volume or much length. My lashes look separated but still sort of clumped together..kinda hard to explain. I also find that it feels kinda tacky all day, like it never completely dries.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

5 years ago

This is one of my favourite drugstore mascaras which I have tried. The wand takes some getting used to but I feel as though the wand comb ensures that all of my lashes are properly coated. It gives my lashes a lot of length but I have found that I need to use other mascaras to gain some volume. It definitely stays true to its name - 'carbon black' fits it perfectly. I would repurchase, however i seem to have abandoned all my mascaras for the Too Faced Better than Sex mascara, my bad!

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBrown, Kinky, Fine

5 years ago

This is the only mascara I've been using for the past 5 years so I've gone through quite many of these. I've tried other ones ofc but they've always ended up being my lower lash mascaras. I don't have to curl my lashes when I use this, it's very black and lengthening.

About reviewer (110 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Relaxed, Fine

5 years ago

I have been using this mascara for about a week. I love it! I don't have straight lashes but not really curly either. I hate messing with eyelash curlers and wear glass 24/7. This mascara curls my lashes with one coat and last an entire work day. You can actually see my lashes behind my glasses!The brush is small so you can get teeny tiny lashes without getting product everywhere. Also, it doesn't flake or smudge! Even in hot, humid weather (90's+)! Woot, woot! I was using Ultra mascara and saw that it had smudged under my eyes, not attractive at all. If One con: It is a very wet formula. . .an eyelash separator is pretty handy. I usually warm up my mascara while driving to work by putting between my seat and my leg. It typically discourages clumping but I am thinking with this mascara you could swipe it cold and it wouldn't clump.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

from

5 years ago

I would cry if they discontinued this which I feel like they are because they only have a row of them at any drugstore you go to versus two rows.. this usually means they're slowly going to pull it..... NO LOREAL DONT DO IT JUST DONT. This mascara gives me LIFE. In other words, Long lashes galore. I get the "what mascara do you use", "are those your real eye lashes" on the daily. One time I was in the middle of saying something to one of my co-workers and she goes "I just can't look at you, you're eyelashes are so long". Yes my friends, I think I've found my true one and only. If you don't like really black mascara, don't buy this, you won't like it. If you also don't like the "im wearing mascara" look, don't buy this. If you don't want in your face lashes, don't buy this (but why you would even bother with mascara then is beyond me, but hey each to their own). This mascara does not transfer, its wand is so long and skinny so you can get every single lash, I just love it. I would say this mascara is on the clumpier side (not clumpy but just thicker), you won't get "clean" lashes. This truly thickens your lashes and gives them length. On a different note, every mascara works differently for everyone and you can't expect to have up to your eyebrows eyelashes if you don't have long lashes to start with. With that being said, I think this mascara is honestly the best at the drugstore and even competes with higher end mascaras. It honestly really does lengthen and give volume. Also, don't be fooled into the shocking extensions telescopic, the carbon black gives way more length and I like the wand of the carbon black better. The shocking extensions mascara is very average compared to the carbon black one.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinOily, Olive, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

5 years ago

This has become my HG mascara hands down. I've stopped using my Benefit Roller Lash completely and I was obsessed with that one (still think it's great, just like this better). Took some time to master my technique with this one but the results are incredible. Nothing gives length like this mascara and it never flakes. Holds my curl nicely. On my 2nd tube already and will buy again and again.

About reviewer (112 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

5 years ago

My HG of mascara. LOVE IT!! I'm always trying something else but come back to this.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

5 years ago

First of all, I feel like this product is a try and true because my boyfriend complimented me by saying "your eyelashes look really long and pretty today." He's not usually one to compliment my eyelashes, so if he noticed something different I feel like that is saying something! First of all, I love how dark and pigmented this mascara is. I feel like it looks fantastic with any eyeshadow look, but specifically with smokey eyes. It adds instant drama no matter what is on my eyelids. Second of all, this does add significant length to your lashes. I wouldn't grab this if you are seeking volume, but Ive found that if I use a voluminizing mascara that is thin, and then top it off with this mascara I get a really great length and volume. Thirdly, this has pretty good staying power with minimal flaking. I do notice a tiny bit of flaking, but no smudging. It holds curl as well, and for like $7.99 it beats out a lot of high end mascaras.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

from

5 years ago

This is my holy grail mascara. It's mostly a lengthening mascara (and somewhat volumising but not the main goal if this product) so if you're after volume and drama, this may not be the best product for you. But seriously, the lengthening aspect of this is insane, you can do a natural everyday or build it up to the false lash drama (sometimes with the help of another mascara meant for volumising). You can use too coats and it doesn't flake or make it difficult to apply. It's not particularly wet as a mascara like "Maybelline Great Lash" but more of a waxy formula that upholds curl and length. If you have shorter lashes, this may not be the product for you but I love it!

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral