73%
package quality

price range

Reviews

5 years ago

This is one of the best mascaras I've ever used. First off, I've used a lot of mascaras with too dry of formulas, or with unnecessarily large brushes, or that flake all over my face, but this mascara doesn't have any of these problems: the formula is neither too dry nor too wet; the brush is thin with smartly placed bristles that achieve a nice separated look while building length; and it doesn't flake, thank goodness. It's just such a safe, foolproof mascara, and for a drugstore product, it's definitely worth buying.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

5 years ago

I just love this mascara it is cheap it is the blackest mascara I had ever use

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

5 years ago

Saw a beauty guru on Youtube use this mascara so I thought I'd give it a go. OMG the best mascara ever! I don't normally go for mascaras with this kind of brush, but the product goes on amazingly! Definitely lengthens my lashes and makes it stand out. On days where I don't want to use eyeliner or shadow and just want mascara, this is my go to product. I wish I found this earlier!

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Other

5 years ago

why has it taken me so long to buy this mascara?! my all time fave has been maybellines full & soft. i bought this and i havent TOUCHED my F&S in a month. this is great for daytime or night. separates beautifully, never clumps, you can layer, glossy black, gives length, DOESNT smear (and i have oily lids!). i bought the explosion one also and honestly, it didnt look any different. if anything, the explosion one smeared a little on me. so weird! love this mascara!

About reviewer (531 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Tan, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

5 years ago

Loooove this mascara for layering! I find that if I use this by itself, I do get a bit of smudging on the lower lashes, but this doesn't happen when used with another mascara. I will usually do one coat of this, then one coat of Cover Girl's Lash Blast to separate the lashes, and another coat of the Telescopic if I want my lashes extra long. One of the BEST drugstore mascaras I've used.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

5 years ago

I do enjoy this mascara, It's BLACK and separates all my lashes! The brush allows me to reach all of my lashes and it gives great length. Even though I prefer volume, this mascara gives a great fanned out look but can make you seem like you have fewer lashes than you do. I can see people complaining about the brush because it is not stiff enough to comb through the lashes after product has dried or if you clump it on, however I always have a spoolie on hand anyways so the extra step for me is not tedious. The staying power is eh, If I take a nap it will keep my lashes defined but will definitely smudge. The packaging is nice because It is not bulky and looks like a telescope so that's a cute touch. However I think I remember liking the telescopic mascara that had the spiky ball on the end even more.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

5 years ago

This is my Holy Grail for mascaras, regardless of brand or price point. Glossy black color and the comb picks out every single lash - every. single. one. I have crappie lashes - short, sparse, etc - and this mascara makes me look like I have on false lashes. This doesn't flake or smudge even after hours of humid wear. I will say that when I first buy the mascara, I do have to blot the brush with a clean tissue every time I use it, or it puts waaaaaaay too much product on my lashes a la Tammy Fay, but I don't really think that is a complaint! I think this is similar to Benefit's They're Real! mascara, in formula and brush - just a lot cheaper. :)

About reviewer (44 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair

EyesHazel

2.0

5 years ago

The brush on this mascara is weak. When I try to comb threw my lashes it bends so the brush doesn't lift them up and it can't comb threw clumps.

About reviewer (59 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium

EyesGreen

5 years ago

L'Oreal Telescopic is my all time favorite mascara! I am really into lengthening mascaras, than volumizing ones, and this works great for that. This is probably the best lengthening mascara at the drugstore and the price is reasonable. I'm a fan of the tiny wand because my lashes are quite short and pretty much non existent and this makes my lashes appear and lengthens them, which is all I need. I know that others like to layer this for length and then apply a different volumizing mascara and I heard it works great for that too (I haven't tried it personally). Overall, I highly recommend trying this product and I would repurchase it again!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

EyesBlue

2.0

5 years ago

I've tried other versions in the Telescopic range that I really liked, but this one isn't doing anything special for me. The formula doesn't give my lashes any considerable length, nor does it make them super black as the name 'carbon black' implies. I also may have a defective wand/tube because once I take the wand out of the tube, it is very hard to put back in. It's almost like the tube opening is too narrow and you have to fit the wand in a very specific way. Not impressed...I'll stick with my Cover Girl Lash Blash Length for now.

About reviewer (1110 reviews)

Age30-35