L'Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black

L'Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Holy grail mascara. I love the brush. It never gets clumpy. It's my go to for years now

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Finally a drugstore mascara that lives up to its claims! It noticeably darkens and lengthens my puny lashes quite a bit and does not irritate my sensitive eyes. The wand makes it easy and precise to use and prevents clumping. I don't wear bottom lash mascara daily, but when I do, this works. All day wear with no clumping. flaking or smearing? Yes please!

on 8/3/2017 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Despite its non-waterproof status, this mascara is holy grail of all time. It gives me va-va voom length and volume while separating my lashes and coating them into a bold black color. The packaging also helps attracting my attention with its miniature telescopic design. Overall, this is a super amazing mascara.

I picked up this mascara in my search for some solid drugstore products that are comparable to my high end ones. I read that this was a dupe for the YSL Babydoll mascara. The wand is very similar and it is very lengthening. It also does a decent job of separating. It was a bit wet though and took a few days to get good. I can say it is a very good mascara. I don't think it's a dupe for the YSL because I do feel like YSL does a better job of thickening my lashes as well as separating and lengthening. I would definitely purchase this mascara again.

on 6/11/2017 8:23:00 AM

This is one of my favorite mascaras! Along with maybelline lash sensational. The telescopic formula, like others have been saying, is wet. I personally like my mascara to be wet over dry. Dry formulas make my lashes fall out. Telescopic does not! It also has a slim brush that makes it easy for really getting at the root of your lashes and getting your bottom lashes as well. I've never has it flake or smudge on me; it lasts all day and holds curl.

on 6/11/2017 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Why has this got such a good rating? It's awful. It's very wet, the bristles are so tiny that you and up clumping your lashes together. It also smudges very easily. Do not waste your money.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product is just ok for me. It definitely gives length, but it also clumps my lashes so badly that I end up looking like I only have 3 really long lashes. No thanks.

I think I'm the minority here. I don't like this mascara. It's very clumpy and too wet for my liking. This mascara makes my lashes stick together. And also it is really hard to remove even with a cleansing balm. Very dissapointing.

on 2/14/2017 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This was my HG mascara for a long time, though I spent the past couple years loving Essence mascaras that would be discontinued shortly after I'd bought them. During the Essence phase, I kept a couple old Telescopic wands to comb through my lashes after applying mascara. I've finally given up on multiple coats and combing through with the others, to return to this mascara, my old standby. The comblike brush design gives wonderful definition, keeping my lashes separated rather than clumpy (which is not my thing at all). I forgot how easy to use this mascara was, and after fiddling around for so long, it's good to use this again!

I've been using this for years after a hard battle of desperately looking for THE mascara that would work for me. I have fine, blonde/almost invisible eyelashes and whilst they're quite long, a lot of mascaras would be too thick and heavy to hold the curl. This stuff goes on really smoothly and with the really fine wand means you can get every lash and you can get it it right down to the lash line without any disasters.
When it comes to doing the bottom lashes I would suggest doing the top ones first and then the bottom without putting the wand back in the tube. Having less product on the wand really helps a more natural look and prevents mascara on the face situations!