L'Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black

L'Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black

on 2/14/2017 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This was my HG mascara for a long time, though I spent the past couple years loving Essence mascaras that would be discontinued shortly after I'd bought them. During the Essence phase, I kept a couple old Telescopic wands to comb through my lashes after applying mascara. I've finally given up on multiple coats and combing through with the others, to return to this mascara, my old standby. The comblike brush design gives wonderful definition, keeping my lashes separated rather than clumpy (which is not my thing at all). I forgot how easy to use this mascara was, and after fiddling around for so long, it's good to use this again!

I've been using this for years after a hard battle of desperately looking for THE mascara that would work for me. I have fine, blonde/almost invisible eyelashes and whilst they're quite long, a lot of mascaras would be too thick and heavy to hold the curl. This stuff goes on really smoothly and with the really fine wand means you can get every lash and you can get it it right down to the lash line without any disasters.
    When it comes to doing the bottom lashes I would suggest doing the top ones first and then the bottom without putting the wand back in the tube. Having less product on the wand really helps a more natural look and prevents mascara on the face situations!

Holy grail mascara for me. I have very straight lazy lashes that will stand at attention with an eyelash curler, but only for a little while. Most mascaras won't help them hold a curl, but this one does. It's not particularly volumizing, but I like to pair with my Lancome Cils Booster for added volume and the combo does wonders. The small brush is genius because mascara doesn't get everything and it's easy to coat every lash. It also doesn't flake on me at all. Just brilliant.

on 11/27/2016 2:33:00 PM

Very good product if you want a lot of volume and a very dramatic look. Not a natural mascara
    - Can clump easy
    + you don´t have to work on the lashes for a long time, it only takes 2-3 "strokes"
    + Not too expensive
    + Really black

on 10/27/2016 8:10:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I like the thin tube and wand. (The fat mascara tubes are killing my storage area), also this has no icky rose sent that Manga and Butterfly do.

I tried the d/c shocking extensions which did almost nothing for my lashes.

I've had this for a few months and while it gives blackest black lashes. I don't reach for it much.

The teeth on the applicator go through my lashes well and provide very long length, but, If I apply too much, and I mean just a second coat, this mascara sticks my lashes together. It keeps a curl but I can't use this without a lash curler.

It didn't smear or flake and came off easily with just facial cleanser.
    I think if you have full lashes you would like this mascara. I don't and I may try the regular telescopic.

on 10/20/2016 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a very good mascara. It lengthens and volumises at the same time. I like the skinny brush that comes with it. Different than the rest and most importantly, it works. Its not expnsive too. Im really loving it at the moment.

it's not the best, but it's definitely not the worst. it lengthens a lot, but when i try to build volume it gets clumpy. i do like how black it is though. soooo black.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my holy grail mascara! It lengthens, thickens, defines and makes your lashes look very black. It is one of a few mascaras I can use that is buildable without being clumpy. I can create either a natural lash or a dramatic lash with this mascara (I can't wear false lashes because they irritate my eyes). It is not waterproof but it lasts all day long without flaking, smudging or wearing off, and it keeps its volume. The wand is sleek and small which is ideal for catching every lash and defining them. I also like that you can use other mascaras on top of this one if you want super dramatic lashes without using falsies.

The tube is sleek and easy to hold and the packaging is very classy. The price point isn't bad, £10.99 for a tube that if used every day lasts me 3-4 weeks. I will continue to use this mascara because I will never get bored of it and from the drugstore in the UK, nothing really compares!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

My favourite mascara ever! I use this after I use my Mac one or on its own. It sort of declumps my lashes and it leghnthens them like crazy! It also has a very natural look and never clumps up or smudges.

on 9/5/2016 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have straight, short, and thin lashes; this mascara provides a lot of length without clumping. The thin wand with tiny bristles makes it easier for me to maneuver all the way to the very corners of my eyes to lengthen the smallest eyelashes without constantly bumping the wand against my eyelid (which happens to me with the huge dior mascara wand). To prevent smudging, I use the business card trick and I get clean application; I personally care more about length than volume so I like this mascara even if it doesn't provide a lot of volume. I tried the sample size of the benefit roller lash and have to say that Loreal provides a lot more length and around the same amount of volume; since I have such sparse lashes, I can see a real difference among mascara. It's black and lasts long unless I tear up a lot which makes all my mascaras (including the waterproof ones) smudge.

Popular Mascaras