L'Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black

L'Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I just don’t understand the positive reviews. It’s like people are describing a different product altogether. For me, this is very wet and goes on the lashes in giant globs that stick all your lashes into clumps. Then it dries into hard spikes. I may as well have lit my money on fire. I would love to try the wonderful mascara other people are apparently trying in the same package.

on 6/11/2017 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Why has this got such a good rating? It's awful. It's very wet, the bristles are so tiny that you and up clumping your lashes together. It also smudges very easily. Do not waste your money.

on 4/20/2016 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been wearing mascaras for a Very Long Time and I can honestly say that this is the WORST mascara I've ever used. The applicator is so weak and flimsy that it cannot be easily inserted back into the tube. It bends and wiggles like a worm. The product itself doesn't give any volume, only length, then clumps. So you end up with what looks like 5 long skinny lashes. Then the ends of the lashes start turning down. Hideous!

on 3/18/2016 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Just bought this mascara today. I have tried every mascara going and my HG will always be Diorshow mascara. Nothing comes close to it as far as lengthening and volume. But it is an expensive buy and I'm always searching for a drug store alternative that will give me similar results in case I run out of Dior. I always have a Masterpiece mascara in my make up bag as it is a good mascara for everyday and doesn't clump. So I recommend that one. But as far as this goes , it is truly the worst mascara Iv ever tried. I have naturally quite long lashes anyway but i do need a bit of plumping ( don't we all ! ) so volume is what I'm after. Firstly the brush is awful. It's a plastic comb type , which I am used to using as I have the YSL Babydoll mascara which is similar in design. The YSL one distributes lovely and evenly , but this one just covers the lashes in product and sticks them together like glue. The product is too wet , then dries too hard. It does not separate, it does the total opposite in fact. Clumps up immediately, and goes everywhere. Leaving you looking like youv got about five thick lashes on your eyes :( I tried this as I said , just to give it a go but it will be going straight in the bin. Please ladies save your money and DO NOT waste it on this. So mad at myself for believing the hype on this one but we live and learn. I will be getting my Dior and sticking to what I know and love from now on ! x

on 2/26/2016 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

The WORST mascara I have ever used! I have never known of a mascara to 'uncurl' my lashes but this one does: It made my lashes straight and flat after I had curled them!
The brush is so long and thin that it bends every time you try and put it back in the bottle making a mess everywhere. Threw it in the bin!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I feel like I'm definitely one of the few people who did not like this mascara! I had very high hopes for it after reading and watching a lot of reviews of this mascara and how so many people swear by it. It was $7.99 at Target, which to me is a little pricier than most mascaras that I use! And I was super disappointed by it. I have long lashes that aren't that curly or voluminous, so in all my mascaras, I look for one that can add length and volume.
First of all, the mascara wand is very thin and a bit flimsy. It didn't grip to my lashes at all and it got a bit annoying with the flimsy wand because it kept wobbling when I wanted to coat my lashes. The formula was also very wet and for me, it kind of weighed my lashes down a bit. It also stuck some of my lashes together and when I wanted to separate them, it made them clumpier so then you have to use a clean spoolie brush to separate them and I felt like I was just going in circles with the whole process. Not to mention, when separating them and reapplying the mascara, you would get very separated, spidery lashes. In order for me to get the look I actually wanted, I had to apply over this mascara with another one of my mascaras. Without the other mascara over it, it wouldn't even hold the minimal curl that the mascara gave. It made my lashes straight, clumpy and flakey and that is definitely not a look I want to sport. I would save your money! I wouldn't even wear this on my more natural makeup days!

on 11/5/2015 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This mascara has two pros: it's very black, and it's inexpensive, aside from that it's pretty much garbage. The length it adds is minimal, it will not hold a curl, and it both smudges AND flakes at the same time. I've probably worn this mascara 20 times or so and every time I end up with stick-straight lashes and black smudges and flakes around my eyes. Will not repurchase.

on 10/9/2014 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

My lashes: dark, medium length, no need for curling, longer on the center and outer corners.
I've tried many mascaras; some have been great, others have done nothing, but this mascara did bad things it made my eyelashes look horrible. Bad enough that I threw it away after two uses. The wand is long, thin, and flexible, so a classic wand for lenghting...but it did horrors to my lashes. They got weighed down and clupmy. My eyes watered, which almost never happens with a mascara. My lower lashes were a mess also. A lot of the product got in my water line. I know how to use mascara, so it's not me, it's this product. Literally, the only thing I liked was the packaging.

on 9/13/2014 12:02:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

After reading reviews I'm not sure if I just got a bad tube or what. This stuff is awful. I'm taking it back. It added very little length and was clumping with the first coat. It was very very dry which confuses me with everyone else saying its wet. I wanted it for length but it didn't give me that. I like the voluminous false fiber lashes better but wanted to see if I could find a similar formula that didn't dry out as quickly but this obviously is not it. False fiber lases gives way more length and is not near this dry. Will not try any other in the telescopic line.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Doesn't hold a curl, doesn't separate lashes, super wet formula... I reallyyy wanted to love this mascara after reading all the racing reviews but this does nothing for my already long think but straight lashes, even though I curl them very curly. Nothing so far has beat my HG waterproof lash blast.