L'Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
L'Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black

4.2

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Finally a drugstore mascara that lives up to its claims! It noticeably darkens and lengthens my puny lashes quite a bit and does not irritate my sensitive eyes. The wand makes it easy and precise to use and prevents clumping. I don't wear bottom lash mascara daily, but when I do, this works. All day wear with no clumping. flaking or smearing? Yes please!

on 7/8/2016 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have used the regular Telescopic in the gold tube for years. I love it. (See my review). Of course, I thought this one would be even better, being so black, right? Wrong. I have no idea why, but this one just doesn't give me the longest, curled, black lashes with no clumps that the regular one does. This one IS ridiculously black, but clumps and globs lashes together giving me nowhere near the length of the original. Perhaps the higher pigment changes the formula? I tossed it and went back to the original Telescopic in the gold tube in Blackest Black. They just can't outdo that formula!!

on 6/27/2013 2:34:00 PM

This is great mascara-much better than many that were much more expensive.Extends lashes and looks natural. It is easy to apply, and it doesn't bother my contacts either!

on 5/8/2011 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

The brush is strange and needs some getting used to. If you go over a spot, lashes tend to clump. One coat should do it because lashes pop. This lasts altho can speck a bit. So on the fence. Been using for almost 2 weeks.

on 1/18/2009 1:56:00 PM

This is one of the best I've tried and I have tried all the department store brands in search of mascaras that do not make my eyes water. I use this as the last coat on top of another brand. This is a good finishing mascara, giving the eyelashes a very black look and also a lift. I use my trusty lash comb and the lashes look good for hours......even on the steamiest days.

on 1/15/2009 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I do love this mascara. I chose the regular instead of the waterproof one. It comes off really easy. I have been trying different mascara's for about 3 weeks now. I finally decided to go back to L'Oreal and I am glad I did. I was unsure of the brush because of some of the reviews I have read about it, but I actually find it easier to use. It combs my lashes out really good and the mascara goes on easy without clumping! It made my lashes look way longer! It last all day, didn't smudge, or flake one bit, nor did it darken the under part of my eye like so many do. I have used all the mascaras out there, I do believe, and this one seems to be right up there in quality with the high end brands. Estee Lauder, Chanel, Dior, Sephora, etc. they all clump and make my lashes stick together at some point. So I gave up paying for the name and started trying over the counter brands. I think I tried most of them ladies ;-) and returned to an old time favorite. I do not notice a smell either, and it did not burn my eyes. So all together...this one, I will keep.
Up Date:
I just noticed I had two reviews for this same product. ;-) Got rid of one. Anyway, I still like this mascara, but I think I will try the water proof one when I buy again. I have noticed that when I have moisture under my eyes this mascara & my E.L. one too, both seem to darken the area right under my lashes. I hate that! I really have to apply mascara on my bottom lashes, otherwise, I have no lashes there that one can see. Perhaps the answer is water proof?

Video Reviews & Tutorials