L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 30-35
L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

3.7

Amazing. My new HG mascara. I like very dramatic mascara that gives me long, full, black lashes. Sadly I was born with blonde, straight, invisible lashes. Without mascara you can't tell I have any. My old HG was the red lash stiletto, which no one ever tried so it was discontinued. I'm hoping the same thing doesn't happen with this mascara. I'd cry! This stuff makes my eyelashes look fake in the best kind of way. They're also not crispy, flaky, or smudgey. I just bought it and I've already been complimented twice on my eyelashes! I will never buy anything else as long as they keep making this! In the picture, my right eye (left side of the pic) is the Telescopic Carbon Black, my left is Great Lash Tiny Little Lashes. Huge difference!

Full Size Image

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Yay! I buy and try so many mascaras. I like YSL faux cils, but $30 is a little steep for mascara. For me LancĂ´me is so so, meh to Chanel, Dior hasn't impressed me much (although the Dior primer is AWESOME!) I've like L'oreal voluminous, Benefit they're real, and my list goes on for nice mascara but i still continue my search for THE one. This mascara, however, has beaten them all out and I'm so excited! Great price! Love the formula. No smudges. Non-irritating. Long lasting. Jet black lashes - defined, lengthened, some volume, and not spidery on me! Easy easy easy to remove, which I like! Highly recommend.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've been a telescopic fan for years, but just recently bought the carbon black and I'm in love! It's a wetter formula than the original, but it dries fairly quickly and the finished result is so gorgeous! Fanned out and dark inky black. Removes easily and doesn't smudge from what I can tell, even in 100 degree Texas humidity. Will buy over and over again.

on 11/5/2015 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This mascara has two pros: it's very black, and it's inexpensive, aside from that it's pretty much garbage. The length it adds is minimal, it will not hold a curl, and it both smudges AND flakes at the same time. I've probably worn this mascara 20 times or so and every time I end up with stick-straight lashes and black smudges and flakes around my eyes. Will not repurchase.

on 4/29/2015 3:32:00 PM

This is my Holy Grail for mascaras, regardless of brand or price point.

Glossy black color and the comb picks out every single lash - every. single. one. I have crappie lashes - short, sparse, etc - and this mascara makes me look like I have on false lashes.

This doesn't flake or smudge even after hours of humid wear. I will say that when I first buy the mascara, I do have to blot the brush with a clean tissue every time I use it, or it puts waaaaaaay too much product on my lashes a la Tammy Fay, but I don't really think that is a complaint!

I think this is similar to Benefit's They're Real! mascara, in formula and brush - just a lot cheaper. :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I'm pretty underwhelmed by this mascara, unfortunately. I've been using Maybelline Lash Sensational for the longest time, but I've always wanted to try this because it gets good reviews. So I got it the other day, and was pretty disappointed. For $8, it didn't really do anything. I didn't notice any added length, or anything else. I feel like I just paid for the little telescope-looking tube. The brush is insanely thin and flimsy. I usually replace my mascara every month, but I don't think I can use much longer. I will probably just go buy a Wet n' Wild one to get me through until then.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Cancelled trains are the bain of my (credit card's) life, because I hang around Boots for half an hour at a time, pondering the best 3-for-2 offers, checking my Makeupalley app, putting things in and taking things out of my wire basket. On one such occasion I ended up with this, which was fanciful of me because the original Telescopic irritated my eyes.
This doesn't at all, and neither does it flake. It lasts as well as my favourite mascaras - Diorshow Extase, Clinique High Impact, Estee Lauder Sumptuous. It lengthens very well, but does clump on application, so needs agitation to seperate lashes. I find the brush most tedious, and have on occasion used a different mascara wand, which is a pain but overcomes the one negative aspect of the product.

Bought this based on the reviews here, and I gotta say, I'm pretty dang impressed! Makes my lashes look SUPER long and full and the curl stays all day! They look just as long and luxe at 5pm as they did at 8am when I applied! My only slight complaint is that it's a bit hard to build with the formula - if you're not careful, you could easily end up with spider lashes. Also, make no mistake, this is for people who like DRAMA lashes! If you want natural, feather-y, "these are my natural lashes" lashes, this is not the mascara for you. I prefer the drama though, so for me, for this price, L'Oreal's got a winner here.

This really does a fantastic job of making my lashes appear longer; I've tried a good few mascaras and this wins hands down. I was amazed! It holds a curl well and intensely darkens my lashes. I found the small flexible brush really easy to use in applying the mascara; it really 'grabbed' all my lashes. As long as I wipe a little of the excess mascara off the wand prior to application and then comb through my lashes afterwards, I get well-separated, clump-free lashes. This mascara doesn't do much for me in terms of volume, but in any case it's marketed as a lengthening mascara.

For me, the only negative is it often smudges a little after a few hours' wear, but I can put up with that as it's otherwise excellent.

on 7/18/2012 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Love this, and I did NOT expect to.

I usually use Definicils and have been looking for a cheaper alternative, since I have sensitive eyes and have had problems with them this year. I'd sacrifice volume for length (especially since the super volume mascaras seem to end up all over my face, not attractive) and I wanted a super black mascara. Telescopic Carbon Black fit the bill . . .

At first, the brush really threw me off. But it's perfect for super dramatic length - I do blot the wand first (short sparse lashes) and use the flat side of the brush to apply, then the short "bristles" to get to the ends of the lashes. AMAZING length, really fans my lashes out, and the color is a shiny, beautiful black. Looks almost like false lashes.

I do use this daily - I like good lashes for the workplace, I guess - but since I have short lashes to start with it's probably not as dramatic as it could be. Doesn't flake or clump, either.

Highly recommended - just don't let the brush throw you off. Try it a couple of times and see!