L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Carbon Black

Filtered by skin type : Combination age: 30-35
L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Carbon Black

4.1

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've been a telescopic fan for years, but just recently bought the carbon black and I'm in love! It's a wetter formula than the original, but it dries fairly quickly and the finished result is so gorgeous! Fanned out and dark inky black. Removes easily and doesn't smudge from what I can tell, even in 100 degree Texas humidity. Will buy over and over again.

I've been using this for years after a hard battle of desperately looking for THE mascara that would work for me. I have fine, blonde/almost invisible eyelashes and whilst they're quite long, a lot of mascaras would be too thick and heavy to hold the curl. This stuff goes on really smoothly and with the really fine wand means you can get every lash and you can get it it right down to the lash line without any disasters.
When it comes to doing the bottom lashes I would suggest doing the top ones first and then the bottom without putting the wand back in the tube. Having less product on the wand really helps a more natural look and prevents mascara on the face situations!

This is my HG mascara. I feel like I've tried every drugstore brand (even some department store brands) but keep coming back to this one. Love, Love, Love. No gripes. I seem to go through it pretty fast, but I wear it daily. Its easily build able for multiple coats, doesn't sting, flake or clump. I add a drop of young living cedar wood and lavender essential oil to make my lashes grow every time I wear it. Just love it!!

on 3/6/2015 10:37:00 AM

I've tried other versions in the Telescopic range that I really liked, but this one isn't doing anything special for me. The formula doesn't give my lashes any considerable length, nor does it make them super black as the name 'carbon black' implies. I also may have a defective wand/tube because once I take the wand out of the tube, it is very hard to put back in. It's almost like the tube opening is too narrow and you have to fit the wand in a very specific way. Not impressed...I'll stick with my Cover Girl Lash Blash Length for now.

Great value, great mascara. Make sure to comb lashes because it can be clumpy if you don't. Super dark & pigmented, very lengthening I love this stuff.

on 2/25/2014 10:44:00 AM

I'm so shocked to see all the positive reviews (and pix) on here for this product, and so disappointed that it didn't work out that way for me. I bought this mascara 2 days ago, and it was an epic fail for me. I gave it away this morning. I have very stumpy, sparse lashes from too many years of extensions and falsies. This brush had absolutely no ability to grab on to what I have. None. There was basically no product on my lashes because it couldn't grab them. I had 2 or 3 stick-thin slightly black lashes poking out at me and that was it. This must be the smallest brush I have even seen, with teeny pathetic little spikes. On top of this, the brush itself is so narrow and fragile, as is its connection point to the wand itself, that it was bending over on itself as I tried to push it through my lashes. I had tried the Telescopic Extensions mascara before, and that had worked out pretty well for me, so I wanted to give this one a try in the Carbon Black color. Nevermind, what a disappointment.

Bought this based on the reviews here, and I gotta say, I'm pretty dang impressed! Makes my lashes look SUPER long and full and the curl stays all day! They look just as long and luxe at 5pm as they did at 8am when I applied! My only slight complaint is that it's a bit hard to build with the formula - if you're not careful, you could easily end up with spider lashes. Also, make no mistake, this is for people who like DRAMA lashes! If you want natural, feather-y, "these are my natural lashes" lashes, this is not the mascara for you. I prefer the drama though, so for me, for this price, L'Oreal's got a winner here.

This really does a fantastic job of making my lashes appear longer; I've tried a good few mascaras and this wins hands down. I was amazed! It holds a curl well and intensely darkens my lashes. I found the small flexible brush really easy to use in applying the mascara; it really 'grabbed' all my lashes. As long as I wipe a little of the excess mascara off the wand prior to application and then comb through my lashes afterwards, I get well-separated, clump-free lashes. This mascara doesn't do much for me in terms of volume, but in any case it's marketed as a lengthening mascara.

For me, the only negative is it often smudges a little after a few hours' wear, but I can put up with that as it's otherwise excellent.

on 6/8/2012 9:08:00 AM

I'm a mascara junkie. I love trying new ones and have tried many, although none over $20 - I'm on a budget! This is my favourite mascara by far and the best in it's price range. The special brush lengthens my lashes to an "almost falsie" length, and it does a good job curling them too. It normally doesn't clump, but if it does, I just move the brush over my lashes a few more times and it gets rid of the clumps. Anyone who is having problems with clumps may not be applying this mascara correctly. Several of my friends have been amazed when watching me apply this mascara and seeing the difference it makes - they went out and bought it too. It lasts a very long time (I've gone out and partied for hours and have then come home and slept with it on for 10 hours and my lashes still looked awesome when I woke up) and it doesn't smudge. Overall, the best mascara I have ever used!

I am a little undecided about this one! I got the new Telescopic in Hypnotic Black which wasnt available to choose from the list so it may be slightly different from the others that are being reviewed. It is a good, intense black which is great. Price about medium I guess. I do NOT like the weird non brushy brush! The mascara goes on a little clumpy I have to use a comb / brush afterwards to get a nicer effect. I would often do this with mascara anyway so that is not the end of the world in itself. It does lengthen my lashes quite well, although it doesnt thicken them as much as I would like. It also dries quite quickly so combing through (which I do think is necessary unless youre a fan of the clumpy look!) does shed little specks all over your face! It doesnt irritate my eyes, but it is a bit hard to remove takes quite a bit of wiping and rubbing which of course is not ideal. I dont think Id buy it again its not terrible, but there are certainly better mascaras out there.