L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 25-29
L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I got this because it was highly reviewed but I found myself just never using it. It has a tiny wand and is a hassle to put the mascara on with this. And it sticks your lashes together instead of volumizing them. Not a fan.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Holy grail mascara. I love the brush. It never gets clumpy. It's my go to for years now

on 6/11/2017 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Why has this got such a good rating? It's awful. It's very wet, the bristles are so tiny that you and up clumping your lashes together. It also smudges very easily. Do not waste your money.

on 2/14/2017 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This was my HG mascara for a long time, though I spent the past couple years loving Essence mascaras that would be discontinued shortly after I'd bought them. During the Essence phase, I kept a couple old Telescopic wands to comb through my lashes after applying mascara. I've finally given up on multiple coats and combing through with the others, to return to this mascara, my old standby. The comblike brush design gives wonderful definition, keeping my lashes separated rather than clumpy (which is not my thing at all). I forgot how easy to use this mascara was, and after fiddling around for so long, it's good to use this again!

Holy grail mascara for me. I have very straight lazy lashes that will stand at attention with an eyelash curler, but only for a little while. Most mascaras won't help them hold a curl, but this one does. It's not particularly volumizing, but I like to pair with my Lancome Cils Booster for added volume and the combo does wonders. The small brush is genius because mascara doesn't get everything and it's easy to coat every lash. It also doesn't flake on me at all. Just brilliant.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My overall impression of this mascara is positive, with a couple gripes (which is par for the course in my mascara journey) and one very redeeming quality which will keep me repurchasing this in the future. I am constantly updating and rearranging my makeup routine so I can't guarantee that, but I would most certainly recommend this regardless.
The packaging is both a blessing and a curse- the tube is telescope shaped and very secure, the wand is where things get a little weird for me. It's a small wand with tiny bristles, which I was glad about because it makes doing the bottom lashes a lot less messy. However, the wand is flimsy and when you're going in for multiple coats, as I do, the wand bends easily and creates an annoyance.
The formula is not as wet or sloppy as other mascaras I've used, but it doesn't dry super fast either. All in all, it worked fine and gave a bit of length and volume without clumping the lashes. It did create a couple "dots" on my cheeks as it dried, but that happens a lot with new mascaras that transfer a lot of product at once. Not a deal breaker in the least, but a word of advice is to maybe do your eye makeup before going in with concealer/ face powder to mitigate any smearing.
The most exciting thing about this mascara is that it holds a curl like no other. As someone whose lashes barely curl and struggle to hold it, this is a big deal, and for my more natural makeup look when I'm not wearing falsies, this is something that will keep my buying in the future.
No smudging, flaking or transfer throughout the day!!
The price is somewhere around $10-$11 US, making it pretty middle-of-the-road as far as mascaras go, and on the high side for a drugstore brand. I have tried less expensive mascaras I like about the same as this one, but like I said this one noticeably holds a curl better than most, so it has my stamp of approval.

This is the best mascara on the market. For reference I have super long thick eyelashes, this is just amazing for me, Ive tried every single mascara from the drugstore. I absolutely love this, its super black and it makes my eyelashes so long that they touch my eyebrows!

on 1/27/2016 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hands down one of the best mascara's I've ever used....have tried a lot of different ones including high end and drugstore. The wand is very skinny and small but gives amazing length and definition. Great product for sure!

on 10/5/2015 6:23:00 PM

I found this mascara to be just okay. Pretty disappointing considering I've really liked every other L'Oreal mascara I've tried (Voluminous, Voluminous Million Lashes Excess, Double Extend, Voluminous Manga). I was excited to try this after reading all the positive reviews on here. For starters, I don't like the wand at all. I don't think I've ever liked a small wand. This mascara also didn't give me any volume or much length. My lashes look separated but still sort of clumped together..kinda hard to explain. I also find that it feels kinda tacky all day, like it never completely dries.

on 8/28/2015 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this mascara for about a week. I love it! I don't have straight lashes but not really curly either. I hate messing with eyelash curlers and wear glass 24/7. This mascara curls my lashes with one coat and last an entire work day. You can actually see my lashes behind my glasses!The brush is small so you can get teeny tiny lashes without getting product everywhere. Also, it doesn't flake or smudge! Even in hot, humid weather (90's+)! Woot, woot! I was using Ultra mascara and saw that it had smudged under my eyes, not attractive at all. If

One con: It is a very wet formula. . .an eyelash separator is pretty handy. I usually warm up my mascara while driving to work by putting between my seat and my leg. It typically discourages clumping but I am thinking with this mascara you could swipe it cold and it wouldn't clump.