L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Carbon Black

Filtered by age: 25-29
L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Carbon Black

4.1

Best drugstore mascara I have ever tried!!! Its perfect. It lengthens a TON and is very black. Never smudges or runs even when i'm sweating like crazy. Never flakes off or clumps and keeps a curl ALL DAY!! So happy I finally found my HG mascara that is affordable!! This is a dupe for the YSL babydoll and Lancome grandiose mascara!!! Thank you Loreal for this drugstore gem!!

This is one of my two go-to-forever mascaras! (The there is CoverGirl’s LashBlast mascara in the orange tube). The formula for this particular mascara is quite wet, and SO black. I never buy waterproof mascara so I can only review the regular version, and have never had an issue with flakes. What I adore most about it is how long and lean my lashes look! First coat I typically get really log looking lashes by simply swiping from root to tip. For the second coat (if you have the time), go at the base of your lashes to the middle and do a little back and forth wiggle (side to side rather than root to tip). This will add some bulk at the base, creating a more voluminous look and prevent your lashes from drooping down throughout the day. As you use the product over a few months it will dry out a bit more but still give you an amazing outcome! My only complaint would be the price. It’s usually around $12 where I live.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Holy grail mascara. I love the brush. It never gets clumpy. It's my go to for years now

on 6/11/2017 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Why has this got such a good rating? It's awful. It's very wet, the bristles are so tiny that you and up clumping your lashes together. It also smudges very easily. Do not waste your money.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product is just ok for me. It definitely gives length, but it also clumps my lashes so badly that I end up looking like I only have 3 really long lashes. No thanks.

I think I'm the minority here. I don't like this mascara. It's very clumpy and too wet for my liking. This mascara makes my lashes stick together. And also it is really hard to remove even with a cleansing balm. Very dissapointing.

on 2/14/2017 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This was my HG mascara for a long time, though I spent the past couple years loving Essence mascaras that would be discontinued shortly after I'd bought them. During the Essence phase, I kept a couple old Telescopic wands to comb through my lashes after applying mascara. I've finally given up on multiple coats and combing through with the others, to return to this mascara, my old standby. The comblike brush design gives wonderful definition, keeping my lashes separated rather than clumpy (which is not my thing at all). I forgot how easy to use this mascara was, and after fiddling around for so long, it's good to use this again!

Holy grail mascara for me. I have very straight lazy lashes that will stand at attention with an eyelash curler, but only for a little while. Most mascaras won't help them hold a curl, but this one does. It's not particularly volumizing, but I like to pair with my Lancome Cils Booster for added volume and the combo does wonders. The small brush is genius because mascara doesn't get everything and it's easy to coat every lash. It also doesn't flake on me at all. Just brilliant.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My overall impression of this mascara is positive, with a couple gripes (which is par for the course in my mascara journey) and one very redeeming quality which will keep me repurchasing this in the future. I am constantly updating and rearranging my makeup routine so I can't guarantee that, but I would most certainly recommend this regardless.
The packaging is both a blessing and a curse- the tube is telescope shaped and very secure, the wand is where things get a little weird for me. It's a small wand with tiny bristles, which I was glad about because it makes doing the bottom lashes a lot less messy. However, the wand is flimsy and when you're going in for multiple coats, as I do, the wand bends easily and creates an annoyance.
The formula is not as wet or sloppy as other mascaras I've used, but it doesn't dry super fast either. All in all, it worked fine and gave a bit of length and volume without clumping the lashes. It did create a couple "dots" on my cheeks as it dried, but that happens a lot with new mascaras that transfer a lot of product at once. Not a deal breaker in the least, but a word of advice is to maybe do your eye makeup before going in with concealer/ face powder to mitigate any smearing.
The most exciting thing about this mascara is that it holds a curl like no other. As someone whose lashes barely curl and struggle to hold it, this is a big deal, and for my more natural makeup look when I'm not wearing falsies, this is something that will keep my buying in the future.
No smudging, flaking or transfer throughout the day!!
The price is somewhere around $10-$11 US, making it pretty middle-of-the-road as far as mascaras go, and on the high side for a drugstore brand. I have tried less expensive mascaras I like about the same as this one, but like I said this one noticeably holds a curl better than most, so it has my stamp of approval.

on 3/12/2016 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of the best lengthening mascara's I've used. Volume can be added with multiple coats. Unfortunately it does start to flake after prolonged use.