L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

3.8

on 10/15/2017 4:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Wow, ok I have naturally long curly dark lashes. All mascara's seem to work the same on me and don't really affect my lashes or if they do it becomes super clumped together! Iv'e owned lots of mascara's. (Lancome hypnose, lancome big monsier, too faced better than sex, makeup forever, nars, maybelline, etc.....)

But one day I saw some girl in a store with literally perfect seperated lashes so I had to ask what she used. She told me only one coat of the telescopic. I thought she probably is just lucky and has real nice lashes, but I bought this out of sheer curiosity expecting it to be the same as all the other mascara's I tried. Nothing special.

BUT BOY WAS I WRONG. This shit literally seperated each one of my lashes, and gave them an extremely beautiful dolly falsified effect! I have never seen a mascara perform like this before. So if you want perfect fake dolly looking lashes (or natural with one coat) Seriously get this now!! The price is a steal too. Forever changed my lashes!! <3333 you won't ever pry this from my dead cold hands hehe

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

fav mascara ever and ive tried freaking tons of mascaras, drugstores and high end. Not sure what the difference is between the regular and carbon black but this ismy second tube that ive bought. It makes your lashes extreamly long and gorgeous!! I usually use this for a first coat to make my lashes really long and then use maybellines the rocket to make them super thick. Def my go to mascara.

on 12/30/2014 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I like this mascara a lot. It is a thick formula, but the comb type brush helps to separate the lashes. This mascara is quite dramatic and I would not recommend it to beginners or anyone who isn't "good" at applying mascara. The brush takes a little bit of getting used to, but it pays off once you have the hang of it! This mascara is good for both volume and length. The color is very black and it doesn't smudge under my eyes. I take this off with coconut oil no problem.

on 11/8/2014 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

My HG Mascara!! I LOVE. The key: curl the lashes, apply one coat- let dry slightly, add a second coat-let dry slightly, and continue to layer until your lashes look perfect to you. I used this mascara in high school & I still love and use it today! I like how you can apply one coat for a natural look, or layer for intense, dramatic lashes. It is very wet formula when first opened, but with daily use it dries a little making it somewhat easier to apply. Telescopic really does lengthen, deeply darken, and volumize your lashes! Buy it!!

on 4/11/2009 8:29:00 AM

I love this product, i only apply 2 coats and everyone has to ask me are those your real eyelashes, this mascara makes my eyes look soo pretty, i have gotten over 100 complimants when i wear it, the problem i think people have with this mascara is that they don't know how to apply this one, i brush out my eyelashes slowly and then wait for a few seconds and do it over for a second coat, the first couple of wears it does not look that great i will admit, BUT DON"T GIVE UP ON THIS MASCCARA OF YET TRY IT AGAIN AND AGAIN< YOU WILL SEE THE CONSISTENCY GETS AWSOME!!! i would never replace this with another,

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

LOVE this mascara! I always strive for super long lashes that almost touch my eyebrows and with lots of volume. This mascara gives me just that. The length is ridiculous! The formula is super wet though. So I always have to make sure that I have the brush the right way because it doesn't have the bristles all around it. If that makes any sense. Other than that amazing mascara!

Before I first bought this product I was using mascaras in the £5.99 price bracket. I first picked it up because it was under a special offer and I had heard a lot of people raving about this mascara.

At first the brush baffled me, I was under the impression that a bigger brush = bigger lashes, I was wrong. The first use was not the best, the brush being so small allows you to get quite a lot of the actual mascara onto your lashes and at first it was a bit tricky to distribute it evenly across my eye, I would end up with a blob in one area but after about the third use I was used to applying it and loved the effect.

It really prevents your eyelashes clumping an separates them perfectly. The small brush allows you to get right to the base of your lashes preventing that horrid pale gap which can be really noticeable if you wear black eyeliner. It is especially good for the lower lashes as I always found these would be more noticeably clumpy!

This mascara is also so good for layering due to the great separation of lashes the brush gives which gives your eyes a really defined, dramatic look. So if it doesn't feel right at first, keep trying with it and it will soon become a firm favourite!

LOVE !!! Best out. Favourite mascara, used to use lancome hypnose but this has come on first coz it lasts way longer is cheaper and very good quality.
Pros:
- fantastic length
- shiny and DARK black
- dramatic
- buildable
- wet formula which I prefer
- volume!!!!! You need to use the brush properly. I swear I get compliments on the thickness. Everyone asks what mascara I use.
- cheap compared to department store

Cons:
- none if you know how to
Properly apply

Application tips:
1. Use the flat side !!!! Most people use the comb but if you want volume too flat side. Hold it at the base of your lashes and push towards eyelid. Hold for 4 secs
2. GENTLY stroke up . This makes curl and let's tge formula stick to tips of lashes.
3. Let dry for 40secs. Its a wet formula so make sure it's nearly dry but not complety
4. Add 1 to 2 additional coats accordingly by stroke lightly upwards. Don't wiggle.
5. If you curl when dry your lashes will look fake :) but only on nights out coz it's damaging to do it all the time.

on 3/22/2009 11:31:00 AM

personally i LOVE this mascara i cant rave about it enough, the brush does look weird but its angled to actually fit the shape of your eyelashes i find, you wiggle it through your eyelashes and a deep black colour comes out aswell as seperating the lashes and curling but not over curling. its a rubber brush so you can work with it well,and in the uk your looking around 10 not bad and i will keep buying this, also cheryl cole uses this mascara under her falsies!

on 1/20/2016 3:26:00 AM

I was really, really disappointed with this product after hearing several people rave about it. I seem to be in the minority who LOVES the wand - I find that it distributes a good amount of product on the top lashes and it makes bottom lashes super easy.

But... my first application was super clumpy. Second was even worse. Throughout the day, the mascara smudged like crazy onto my under eyes. My concealer was gone after wiping away mascara at LEAST three times in the one day.

I've given this product several chances. I've used it almost every day for a week. I've tried using ABH lash genius to make it waterproof in hopes of no smudging to no avail. I'm keeping the wand because I love it but the formula? Not so much. Probably passing on to a friend.

This product is also pretty pricey in Australia. About $27. I much prefer my Maybelline colossal formula which is about $20 but often on sale at Priceline, Big W and Chemist Warehouse.