L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Carbon Black

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Carbon Black

This mascara lengthens LIKE NO OTHER. However, it is poor at seperating lashes and has an extremely wet formula. This mascara also lacks the volume I desire for my lashes. It also takes a long time to apply because of the small, thin, comb-like brush attached to it.

on 6/11/2017 8:23:00 AM

This is one of my favorite mascaras! Along with maybelline lash sensational. The telescopic formula, like others have been saying, is wet. I personally like my mascara to be wet over dry. Dry formulas make my lashes fall out. Telescopic does not! It also has a slim brush that makes it easy for really getting at the root of your lashes and getting your bottom lashes as well. I've never has it flake or smudge on me; it lasts all day and holds curl.

on 11/27/2016 2:33:00 PM

Very good product if you want a lot of volume and a very dramatic look. Not a natural mascara
- Can clump easy
+ you donĀ“t have to work on the lashes for a long time, it only takes 2-3 "strokes"
+ Not too expensive
+ Really black

it's not the best, but it's definitely not the worst. it lengthens a lot, but when i try to build volume it gets clumpy. i do like how black it is though. soooo black.

I've been using this mascara for a few years now, and it's honestly one of the best mascaras I've ever purchased. I won't even try anything else because of how dedicated I am to this. My eyelashes are naturally pretty long and curly, but it definitely holds the curl and when applied correctly, doesn't weigh the lashes down. The wand is pretty skinny, but it makes it convenient to apply to both the top and bottom lashes. The only negative thing I'd have to say about this mascara is that it dries out pretty easily, but that also depends on how often it's used/pumped/etc. Everyone always asks me what mascara I use or if my eyelashes are real and I always recommend this to them!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I was at the DS looking for a new mascara and as I walked past the l'oreal section looking for my voluminous carbon black mascara I saw the telescopic and remembered all the craze over this mascara. So I picked it up and gave it a try the next day. My initial thoughts like most people, is that the brush is very small. However, I personally like smaller, thinner brushes. I curled my lashes and then applied the mascara. I noticed immediately the formula was very wet and made my curl fall out instantly. I kept applying the mascara like I usually do and then I began noticing these tiny little clumps close to the roots of my lashes. I thought maybe using a different mascara would help take them away but that just made it worse so I combed through my lashes with a small lash comb. That helped a little but it did take a while. After, I recurled my lashes and that's when I fell in love. Up close next to a mirror my lashes looked okay but from far away they looked very voluminous and LONG. I have very thin short lashes but this mascara made them look fantastic. No smudging, slight flaking but I can look past it bexcuse of the way my lashes looked. I would say give it a try if you see it! I'd buy this one over the regular carbon black mascara any day!!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I feel like I'm definitely one of the few people who did not like this mascara! I had very high hopes for it after reading and watching a lot of reviews of this mascara and how so many people swear by it. It was $7.99 at Target, which to me is a little pricier than most mascaras that I use! And I was super disappointed by it. I have long lashes that aren't that curly or voluminous, so in all my mascaras, I look for one that can add length and volume.
First of all, the mascara wand is very thin and a bit flimsy. It didn't grip to my lashes at all and it got a bit annoying with the flimsy wand because it kept wobbling when I wanted to coat my lashes. The formula was also very wet and for me, it kind of weighed my lashes down a bit. It also stuck some of my lashes together and when I wanted to separate them, it made them clumpier so then you have to use a clean spoolie brush to separate them and I felt like I was just going in circles with the whole process. Not to mention, when separating them and reapplying the mascara, you would get very separated, spidery lashes. In order for me to get the look I actually wanted, I had to apply over this mascara with another one of my mascaras. Without the other mascara over it, it wouldn't even hold the minimal curl that the mascara gave. It made my lashes straight, clumpy and flakey and that is definitely not a look I want to sport. I would save your money! I wouldn't even wear this on my more natural makeup days!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's kinda clumpy at first because it's so wet but you can easily fix it with another old brush. I just got done crying and my eyelashes still look good!

on 11/24/2015 9:16:00 PM

This is my absolute holy grail mascara. I've been using it for years and will never ever switch! Naturally I have long and thick lashes, and this does wonders to them. I like my mascara to be a little bit clumpy, and I think that might be why I love this product so much. It might not be a good option for those who like to apply one coat and go, but it is my absolute favorite thing ever.

on 10/6/2015 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Nice mascara overall. Does lengthen but not much volume. Also it did not hold my curl and that's really important for me. Does not smudge and it's really dark which I like. It's not bad but there are better ones out there.