Cover Girl CLEAN - Make-up Remover For Eyes & Lips

Cover Girl CLEAN - Make-up Remover For Eyes & Lips

2.6

Price: $

Price: $

Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Isopropyl Palmitate, Polyethylene, Ceteth 20, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbic Acid (A Preservative), Methylparaben, Vanillin, Titanium Dioxide

on 4/21/2016 8:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this a few years ago to remove those long wearing lipsticks and stubborn eye makeup, and it worked fine. I recently noticed that it had gone bad as it had a gross smell so I threw it out. I just bought a new one and it has no smell at all. I figured it would be the perfect thing to remove those very resistant Cover Girl mascaras. But I just don't like the way it feels compared to the liquid blue eye makeup removers. This one is a white lotion and it made my eyes feel irritated while using it. The feeling did go away after rinsing completely, but I'm not using it on my eyelashes again. It doesn't remove the mascara as easily as the blue liquid ones. Lancome, Vichy, and Marcelle are the ones that work for me.

Update May 2/16: I did use it to remove the resistant Cover Girl mascaras and it works if you take it slowly and do one eye at a time, finishing with plenty of water. It doesn't cause any burning or rash and so it's still acceptable to use. (May 27: But I hate the smell and consistency - I threw it out).

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Like many people I am surprised by the bad reviews. This is the one drugstore product I kept using after I moved on to MAC and other higher end lines. Seriously I have used it for 15 years! It's packaging is horrible though. I NEVER take the lid all the way off. I just unscrew it a little bit and use my finger or a cotton ball to get what has dribbled on to the ridges. It takes my makeup off so easily! This comes on every overnight trip with me. Love it!

on 7/27/2011 10:23:00 PM

This formula makes my eyes burn. It does a great job of removing eye makeup, but then I spend several minutes rinsing my burning, red eyes. I will not repurchase.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

God I hate this product. I bought it once and will never buy it again. It was about $3 but that was still a waste of $3. Anyway, it smells terrible, it's greasy, and everytime I used it my eyes suffered. They would sting and my vision would become blurry for a while after using it. Plus it didn't do a very good job at removing mascara and eyeliner, especially liquid eyeliner. But it removed eyeshadow pretty well, and that's about it. I love CoverGirl's products but this was just awful. I would not recommend this to anyone.

on 4/27/2011 5:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really like this remover. It does have a lot of cons, but what it removes, it's like, hallelujah! I don't use it every day because it is greasy and if it gets in your eyes it does sting a little and I have to blink my eyes a few times because for whatever reason they get blurry. However, I use a tissue and remove the excess off which also gets whatever make up is leftover on, so I recommend. However, it gets off my Maybelline waterproof mascaras and my Maybelline 24 Hour Super Stay Lip Stain - which I tried to take off with olive oil, make up remover wipes and Ponds and it still didn't come off until I used this. I think it's nice, but it's not for every day use, but I will most definitely buy this again.

on 1/24/2010 5:24:00 PM

I actually like this product, it takes my eye makeup right off. Yes, it can smear a little, but you just need a small dab and everything will come right off!
I like the lotion-consistency, the only downside is the slight greasy feeling it can leave around the eye, but nothing a little cleanser can't fix.

I recently bought Cover Girl Long Last Lip-gloss and found out that you couldn't remove it with most makeup removers. My Clinique brand makeup remover worked wonders, but I bought this when I was at work one day and *needed* to get the damn lipstick off. To my disappointment, Cover Girl Clean Makeup Remover only remotely works to remove their long lasting lipstick. All of my other makeup, even traces of my mineral makeup stayed on my face in greasy smudges. It's awful. My solution is not to buy their long last lipstick or this horrible excuse for a makeup remover.