Cover Girl CLEAN - Make-up Remover For Eyes & Lips

Cover Girl CLEAN - Make-up Remover For Eyes & Lips

2.2

Price: $

Price: $

Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Isopropyl Palmitate, Polyethylene, Ceteth 20, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbic Acid (A Preservative), Methylparaben, Vanillin, Titanium Dioxide

on 4/21/2016 8:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this a few years ago to remove those long wearing lipsticks and stubborn eye makeup, and it worked fine. I recently noticed that it had gone bad as it had a gross smell so I threw it out. I just bought a new one and it has no smell at all. I figured it would be the perfect thing to remove those very resistant Cover Girl mascaras. But I just don't like the way it feels compared to the liquid blue eye makeup removers. This one is a white lotion and it made my eyes feel irritated while using it. The feeling did go away after rinsing completely, but I'm not using it on my eyelashes again. It doesn't remove the mascara as easily as the blue liquid ones. Lancome, Vichy, and Marcelle are the ones that work for me.

Update May 2/16: I did use it to remove the resistant Cover Girl mascaras and it works if you take it slowly and do one eye at a time, finishing with plenty of water. It doesn't cause any burning or rash and so it's still acceptable to use. (May 27: But I hate the smell and consistency - I threw it out).

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This was so greasy and smelt like Elmer's Glue, not something I want in an eye makeup remover! It was cheap enough, but never again will I repurchase!

on 11/1/2012 12:36:00 PM

I've been using this for years and was surprised by the bad reviews. I ONLY wear WP mascara and this takes it all off. Doesn't burn my eyes, but I'm smart enough to keep them closed. :-) I've tried other removers, but they all lie and SAY they take off WP mascara but don't. I keep coming back to this. I don't find the smell strong or offensive. I don't wear lip stains so I can't speak to how well this works on anything except mascara.

I just tried this product for the first time tonight and my eyes are BURNING. I have red blotches all around my eyes and it looks like I had an allergic reaction to it. I only bought it because it was like $5.... I've learned a lesson.. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

I hope this redness is not there tm! I am bringing it back asap! it BURNS! (it also has a pungant chemical smell! the only thing its cleaning is my eyeballs! )

PS in the garbage with you!

on 7/27/2011 10:23:00 PM

This formula makes my eyes burn. It does a great job of removing eye makeup, but then I spend several minutes rinsing my burning, red eyes. I will not repurchase.

on 4/27/2011 5:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really like this remover. It does have a lot of cons, but what it removes, it's like, hallelujah! I don't use it every day because it is greasy and if it gets in your eyes it does sting a little and I have to blink my eyes a few times because for whatever reason they get blurry. However, I use a tissue and remove the excess off which also gets whatever make up is leftover on, so I recommend. However, it gets off my Maybelline waterproof mascaras and my Maybelline 24 Hour Super Stay Lip Stain - which I tried to take off with olive oil, make up remover wipes and Ponds and it still didn't come off until I used this. I think it's nice, but it's not for every day use, but I will most definitely buy this again.