Calvin Klein Obsession

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Calvin Klein Obsession

3.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I bought the EDT in a set of other CK perfumes, and to be honest was a little scared of this one. I had been told this was a heavy, overpowering, oriental perfume. Tonight I finaly decided to try it. I sprayed once onto my wrists and took a whif. It wasnt as bad as I expected. Yes, it was heavier than my normal perfumes, but it was nice.

Then it developed into something compleatly different. It took me a long time to figure out what it reminded me of. It smells exactly like when as a little girl, I stuck my face into the stream of a humidifyer and tried to breath in. I also reminded me & everyone around me of playdough.

on 12/31/2010 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

How strange. This has to have been reformulated since it was first released. I wore Obsession back in the 80's when it was first released and I remember a deep spicy warm fragrance that had other's asking me what fragrance I had on every day that I wore it.

Not this Obsession. I tested and at first I had a explosion of "green". That is okay because I waited for the spice and warmth of the dry down. It never came. I had about 2 solid minutes of a cinnamony like spice but it wasn't quite cinnamon.

The a dry down to something non biological. Like another member here said "something plastic" "melted burnt plastic".

Decidely unpleasant. This is not the Obession that I remember and I highly encourage anyone who is interested in this fragrance to do a tester and wear it all day before purchase. I won't be buying this fragrance.

on 1/12/2010 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I love bergamot and sandalwood, so, Obsession is right up my alley. Very musky and very sexy! It's got a lot of *heat*, if that makes sense.

IMO, you should ALWAYS try a fragrance on before purchasing and I'd say that goes triple for Obsession. Though I love the scent, I totally understand why the muskiness of it would be a total turn-off. A friend of mine says it smells sweaty on her. Sweaty, musky - it's a fine line and it really depends on your body chemistry.

Also, a little dab will do ya! Obsession has major staying power and you really do not need more than one spritz.

on 11/27/2009 11:59:00 PM

I used to wear this a lot when I was younger, but now I am really sick of the scent. It is too heavy and sweet for me. Primarily too sweet because I like heavy scents like Paloma Picasso. It's just the combination of heavy and sweet that doesn't work for me. I have some of the lotion, body cream and perfume spray, but when I wear it, it just isn't me, However, I do like Obsession for Men (on men).

on 9/15/2008 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This is a really rich, distinct, sexy, complex scent. It's feminine in a womanly way, as opposed to the many sweet, cutesy scents popular of late. The lack of unique perfumes out there makes this one seem all the more amazing.

A little goes a long way, and it really lasts all day (or night). I find it best as a night perfume...too strong for work. It's definitely a cool/cold weather scent too.

It smells better on me than in the bottle; I could see this smelling totally wrong on some people, but if it works for you then it REALLY works.

I really like the body wash also...it actually lasts instead of washing off like many perfumed washes do. It makes it even more subtle & intimate that way, if the perfume is too much for you.

The only con: the bottle is downright ugly! haha :D

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I have been using Obsession since 1989. And no, I don't wear stonewashed jeans and listen to hair bands, heh heh. I keep using Obsession because it works really well with my body's chemistry. I've tried all the classics: Chanel no. 5 (I smelled like old ladies), Joy de Jean Patou (I smelled like wealthy old ladies), Shalimar (waay too powdery on me), and countless others. Obsession comes on strong in the first 10 minutes, but it fades to a light, warm and sexy scent which lasts all day. I think the scent attracts men, because I've had several men (strangers and lovers) tell me I smell great. Funny, my mother doesn't like the smell of Obsession. I just tell her that I don't wear this perfume to attract middle-aged women! The men love it, but most importantly, I adore it.

on 12/20/2001 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this scent. It is one of my favorites and always brings back fond memories of an old fling. I wear the female version of this scent and find it very sexy. I used to wear this scent as well, and find it to be very nice. This can be purchased at department stores or sephora. Ranges from $36 to $60 depending on the size. During certains times of the years, several department stores will offer GWP sets which are usually a better deal.

Popular Fragrances