Calvin Klein Obsession

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Calvin Klein Obsession

3.5

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Oh my god! How did I not buy this sooner?

Went to Winners to find a bargain on a frag. Saw lots of cheap $20 celebrity frags. My man knows I like Calvin Klein, and he pointed out a 50 ML bottle of this for $29. I've read a lot about it on Fragrantica, and I love spicy orientals, so I went ahead and blind-bought it. Funny because I'm blind, so I guess I always blind-buy perfumes.
Anyway, brought it home and spritzed once on my neck. It's quite green in the opening, but after ten minutes it settles down to a beautiful spicy ambery, powdery vanilla. Definitely my cup of tea. Damn, I can't stop sniffing the air! This lasts forever too, and you don't need to apply much. This doesn't smell unisex to me either, actually it smells quite sensual and sexy. Great for fall/winter. Best of all, my man loves it! I'm only 26 so I wasn't around in the 80's, but I'll be rocking this in the 2000's! I understand why this has been around longer than I've been alive. It's a masterpiece in my opinion. If you love oriental, spicy perfumes with a personality, and if you're not afraid to be noticed, this one's for you.

on 2/1/2015 5:16:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought this for my mother after she requested it. On first smelling it, I didn't like it at all. Initially, it's far too strong. But after a couple of hours, it becomes a beautiful soft scent. It's sweet, musky and powdery without being at all old-lady ish. The staying power is probably it's most impressive quality. This stuff lasts all day and lingers for days afterwards. I sprayed it on my wrist and 5 days later I would still get a subtle whiff from the sleeve on my jacket. I probably wouldn't buy this for myself, because I prefer a lighter perfume for everyday. But I will continue to steal the occasional squirt of this from my mother's bottle :)

on 1/28/2014 8:31:00 PM

I love Obsession, just as much as I loved the 80's! I miss the strong perfumes, now everyone seems to be so sensitive that I can only wear it at home.

I am an educated 57 year old southern lady who found the ads for Obsession so annoying that I avoided smelling or sampling it til TODAY! Damn, This stuff is to die for gorgeous, rich , feminine and SEXY. Best yet , the price is reasonable and the fragrance lasts all day and then some. I still am turned off by the cheesy ads, but this fragrance is undeniably powerful in a head turning way .

I am sniffing what I sampled earlier today , which has not faded in ten hours. Tomorrow I will march back and buy a bottle .I am a fan of classy orientals like Coco , Opium, and Euphoria , which are timeless classics. Euphoria , another Calvin Klein , is a fragrance that yields endless compliments , projects well, and lasts and lasts in a sultry way also. This one has a vanilla and musk vibe that is perfect and SOPHISTICATED.

Euphoria and Obsession are fabulous buys for the money !

I have never owned a vintage bottle but as far as the "new" formulation goes, I approve!! I applied this at 9am and it is now nearly 8pm and this has left a wonderful musky/vanilla/amber softness to my skin. I purchased this mini bottle for about $15 at Target I think, if you are looking for a scent that lasts all day, this is an incredible value and the tiny bottle should last you quite awhile since you really don't need more than a few drops.

Upon first spray, I get a sense of something woodsy,balmy and green, oakmoss perhaps? Honestly, it smells very similar to a man's aftershave, there is nothing ladylike/girlie about this scent. Then the civet and spices and amber kick in like WHOA. If you happened to over-spray you will regret it big time in about an hour. It gets very sweet but not bakery vanilla sweet...I can't really explain it. It's like a heavy amber honey syrup infused with exotic spices. Despite it's sweetness, I feel this is actually a unisex scent.

I have been wearing this to work and loving it. Not sure if I would wear it on a date though...on one hand, it is very sweet but it's also dirty/primal and very unisex, This is kind of like Tabu and Opium and some of the other vintage powerhouses that scream SEX...men either love it and will ravish you or they will say you "smell like their mom" or ask "where you with another man tonight?"

My skin/chemistry eats perfume, 99% of body sprays and light floral/aquatic scents are wasted on me. This stuff is a keeper in my book.

on 1/25/2013 10:35:00 PM

I love this perfume. It's soft, feminine, comforting, sexy. It's not sharp, screechy or toothache-inducing. It's an original scent and timeless in nature. It was great back in the 80's (albeit the formulation was MUCH stronger then). Coty Prestige has since taken over the production of this fragrance, and in doing so, has updated it. By that, I mean they have been loyal to the scent by keeping it delicious, but the strength is not a hammer over your head. The sillage is moderate. The lasting power is pleasantly long. I never feel ripped off. There is nothing worse than plunking down a bunch of cash for a perfume that can't be detected by you or anyone else after 2 minutes of having it on..... Don't let the 80's reputation of this scent shy you away. I have migraines and sinus allergies - THIS DOES NOT BOTHER ME AT ALL...... SO - If you like mellow citrusy top notes with a woodsy, powdery, incense kind of dry-down that is hypnotic ... dare i say magical - look no further.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Obsession = instant headache. I don't think it smells bad so to speak, just TOO MUCH.

I bought the newer formualtion 2011 ...don't believe all the hype surrounding the past ones! Really if you can get a current one from a reputable retailer. Anyways, this is a lovely vanilla/ smoke/ powder mix which opens with a green pine-ish note. That last one sounds horrific but it's really not that bad in the mix (looked it up - that green note is oakmoss).

A lovely cooler weather/ night time fragrance. Really cozy seductive. I can see how it was abused in the eighties though. One spray people! then rub around where ever (that thing about bruising fragrance is a myth - you cannot alter it's make up in any way!)

Men seem to like it too and nowadays not many people under 25 are wearing it score! Not at all overly sweet, gourmand in a staright from the kitchen pantry way with the vanilla blending beautifully with the musk Sexaaaay!!!

on 4/18/2012 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I used to wear Obsession back in the early 90s. I loved it then and was given plenty of compliments when wearing it. I discovered it again in a bargain bin yesterday for a great price and thought I'd try it again. Well, I'm absolutely loving it. It is a lovely soft oriental fragrance on me. I agree with others in saying that it should be used sparingly (I used 2 sprays after my early morning shower and add another 1 spray mid afternoon). Wow, yum! It is a lovely, warm and cosy, slightly powdery, sweet (but not "Pink Sugar" sweet) ambery oriental. As far as the reformulation goes, I honestly haven't noticed anything negative in this new one I am wearing, and I normally dislike reformulation of scents. It is still as nice as I remember. I would completely recommend it to fans of oriental scents.

Good morning all! I thought you would get a kick out of this. I love Obsession and have worn it for years ... but I think my nose might be going blind to it a little. This morning I spritzed on a little too much and then went out for coffee with my best friend. The problems started as I reached across the counter for my iced coffee and corn muffin ... a gentleman waiting in line for his order recoiled. We sat down in the corner to eat and I thought the other patrons were giving us a wide berth ... on the other hand it might have been my imagination. On the way home, my friend closed her door and immediately gasped for air. "Oh my God! I give up!" She rolled down all the windows and exceeded the speed limit all the way back to my house. Now, mind you, it is February and my friend is always cold. When we arrived at my house she nearly threw me out of the car. "Babe, you have too much perfume on. Get out get out get out!" Well, how rude!

I love Obsession and will continue to wear it ... but apparently, one spritz is enough even for me.

Some other potent favorites are Shalimar, Opium, and Cinnabar and Spellbound by Estee Lauder. Also one-spritz perfumes.

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

Popular Fragrances