Calvin Klein Obsession

Calvin Klein Obsession

2.9

on 12/23/2016 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This perfume is my biggest, longest love affair....
This was my scent back in the 80s and 90s. I first smelt Obsession in 1989 Christmas in Kuala Lumpur where all the fancy shopping malls were heavy on Obsession. I had to get one, and it was my fav well into the 90s. I was then young and carefree, life was all parties and cute guys....
Then I gave up perfume.
I tried again today, its still gorgeous, i tried both the Vintage and Reformulated. If you let both sit for an hour...Obsession is still Obsession, powerful, sexy, spicy and Come hither. Its for the big hair, big shoulder pads girl who has now matured into a I know who I am lady, strong, sensual and self-supporting. She needs not tell or publish her woes on FB or air her dirty laundry in public. She knows she will get over it and get on. Life is as great as you make it, or as dramatic.
I wear this scent like a dream, men love it on me, and I love it on me.
Yes, its cheaper price-wise than Shalimar and Samsara, the other 2 orientals I love, but its not cheaper in sensation, if you know what I mean.
Not a safe blind buy, you have to be ready for Obsession.....

on 11/9/2011 3:18:00 PM

I used up my last bottle of the original from the late 80's. Then I bought a new bottle. I was horrified at what they had done to this once magnificent fragrance. I was so repulsed by the new juic ethat I promptly returned it to the dept store to see if I had gotten an old bottle. But no. It's been reformulated and as usual, the fragrance is ruined. For good. I haven't bought anything fragrance-wise in Calvin Klein for the past 10 years, and I probably won't be buying any in the future, if this reformulation of a former masterpiece is any indication as to where the future of perfume lies in this company.

on 1/26/2010 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is a fragrance I used to wear many years ago and I absolutely loved this scent. I tend to like Calvin Klein's fragrances and at that time, this was my favorite. I was so paranoid that they would discontinued this that I would buy two at a time. Soon afterwards, I found that many women were wearing this, which turned me off. I also became bored with the scent as well. Imo, this was a very sexy scent. At this point in my life, I would not repurchase this because I'm so fickle and like to rotate fragrances.

I normally love oriental/spicy/androgynous/slightly masculine perfumes. Unfortunately, on me this smelled like cheap bathroom soap mixed with old spice. ICK. However, it does have decent lasting power, although that's a bad thing in this instance.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought a trial size EDP bottle of this at a local drugstore. I remembered liking the scent of Obsession on men, so maybe I'd like Obsession for women on me.

When I first spritz it on it smells, well, cheap. Like some cheap fragrance you could get from a dollar store. Not like a designer perfume. It was harsh and "alcohol"y. The alcohol and harshness settled a bit and it began to smell a bit warm and sweet. Not bad, but the "cheap" note was still there. It dried down to Play-Doh on me. I never understood how people would say a scent turns to "Play-Doh" on them, but now I do. And to me, it's *very* unpleasant. If I want to smell like Play-Doh I'll smear some on my body and keep some stuffed in my bra.

Packaging was ok. The scent had one or two good moments but not worth the reputation or price tag for the cheap scent that moves into Play-Doh. I would not repurchase.

Edited because I accidentally gave it too many lippies.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I tend to prefer lighter scents, but Obsession is the ace sexbomb. One part: vanilla. Two parts: exoticism that brings the nookie.

on 5/25/2005 12:32:00 AM

Though this fragrance is older (it actually launched one year after I was born) I feel that it is by no means outdated. So many of my college friends wear the same fragrances because they are popular right now. There is nothing wrong with that, but I rather wear something that is unique. I love it during the winter/fall months because it offsets the warm, musky smell of the perfume making it smell even more inviting. It is rather strong, so I reccomend one spray per wrist. On me, it lasts for quite some time and dries down to smell spicy and warm. I have been told by friends that this is one of those scents that does not work for everyone, so please try it a few times before you purchase.

on 4/13/2005 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is too much for me. It's overpowering, heady, and cloying. Feels outdated in my humble opinion. Glad I tried the sample first.

Popular Fragrances