Calvin Klein Obsession

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Calvin Klein Obsession

3.3

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This stuff sends me into an immediate migraine. It's overbearingly strong. It's also far too spicy and dark for my liking.

on 2/6/2014 1:41:00 PM

I don't know how to explain this fragrance. Let's see...I like this scent but it doesn't like me.
Nice fragrance but way too strong. I had a small sample bottle of this. I wore it for hours; all the while loving the scent. It did NOT give me a headache, but it--literally--made me sick to my stomach. Thinking I might be nauseous for a different reason, I tried Obsession again. I'm sorry to say this, but I got sick to my stomach a second time. I gave my little bottle away.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

First whiff-adoration! No matter what others say, I will always love this perfume. I truly believe all the hype and commercialization has turned people off through the years and that is a true shame. It's a beautiful fragrance that should not be taken lightly.
A warm, powdery, sweet scent with amber laden spices surrounding and tickling your nose. Creaminess abounds throughout the different layers and surround your olfactory senses constantly.
Vanilla, peach, citrus and basil are what I get in the top notes, spices, oakmoss and cedar in the middle, and amber, musk, civet, incense and vetiver in the base. This is such a complicated fragrance and that's the reason I delight in it.
Obsession gives me an image of leather riding boots, cable knit winter white sweaters over well-worn Levis, cozy comfortable clothing, a pashmina scarf tossed casually around my neck. It has a hint of masculinity, yes, very definitely. It appeals to the yin and yang of our souls. Forget the commercials and what the media has told you. Spray it again on a vulnerable spot and luxuriate in yourself. You'll be glad you tried it again. It's a sensual fragrance that awakens your inner self.
Although it seems more of a night-time fragrance based in the cooler months, I love wearing it year-round. It's mystique and scent is just that delicious.
It's rather long-lasting, more than 6 hours on me. It's sillage radiates also beyond yourself depending on how much you spray, so be careful. One spray is more than enough.
Top Notes: Green Notes, Mandarin Orange, Vanilla, Basil, Peach, Bergamot, Lemon.
Middle Notes: Spices, Coriander, Sandalwood, Orange Blossom, Oakmoss, Cedar, Rose, Jasmine.
Base Notes: Musk, Civet, Vanilla, Amber, Vetiver, Incense.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

Calvin Klein's Obsession does remind me of the 80s, I must admit. My mom gave this one to me, because she knows I love having quite a perfume collection. It does have its own distinctive scent, which to (amateur in talking about perfumes) is a very warm, almost overtly sexual, gourmand fragrance. If I just use one spray, it lasts for a long time and really isn't too off-putting. However, any more than that, I can see that this would be incredibly cloying. It's definitely more of a wintry type scent. Not really my thing, but nonetheless, it will retain its place on my shelf, at least for now.

Going through some of the reviews, I am wondering if I missed something, but I really like this scent. It was my go to scent for many years. Lately I've been more into the lighter perfumes, but I still use this one on occasion. I only have to use two light sprays and I am good for the entire day (or if the shirt isn't dirty and isn't washed right away, the smell stays on it after that day even). I think it can be way too heavy and horrible if you marinate in it, but I don't use much, just enough to be enjoyable. I've gotten quite a few comments on it too...

I recommend it and would buy it again when mine runs out

on 9/19/2010 2:15:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

A girl who sat in front of me in biology in High School used to wear this. I used to sit behind her and just inhale her scent for an hour everyday (i'm a hetero-girl for reference..). I asked her what perfume she always wore and she said "Obsession". Anything by Calvin Klein was WAY out of my price range at that time, so when I found a Designer Impostor's "dupe" called "Ostentation" I was beside myself. Turns out it didn't quite measure up and I ended up having to sit at the back of the room because I gave the girl behind ME a headache. Lesson learned.. Spring for the real deal.

This is the best. "Obsession" is an intense and womanly oriental scent. Incredibly heady. A little goes a long way. It's unbelievable. Do yourself a favour- Pick this one up.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am so in love with this fragrance. It's my go to for every day/event. I have to basically force myself to wear any other perfume now. I mainly get a musky incense with some amber and vanilla. I hopefully will never have to be without a bottle!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this for a steal on ebay and I have to admit I still love it. This type of perfume (obsession/opium) just have this warm enveloping scent that just makes me want to spray it and wrap up in a blanket and just keep sniffing myself lol, ok maybe TMI;) I can see how people would think of this as too retro, I too wore it to excess in high school but even with that said it still appeals to me. This bottle (1.7 Parfum) will last a while and I am sure it will take me years if ever to rebuy.

on 11/7/2009 2:25:00 PM

Oh boy, I keep forgetting what great stuff this is. This one has a wonderful not-too-sweet dry-down that puts the newer cookie-cutter fragrances to shame.

The trick with Obsession is to use the tiniest amount possible! I learned this the hard way years ago when I used to spray on enough to kill bugs.

Now I spray a bit onto a little saucer and then dip my finger in the couple of drops there and dot it on the torso area before getting dressed. That way, later on there is this soft, woodsy, incense-y aroma wafting up, helped along by body heat and buffered by clothes. So by the time it hits any nostrils it is rather "quiet" but still noticeable, in a good way. A really good way.

The shower gel is terrific too!

This is my favorite perfume. Spicy, not too sweet, lasts all day, not cloying or too strong. Love it!

Popular Fragrances