Calvin Klein Obsession

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Calvin Klein Obsession

3.6

on 12/23/2016 11:29:00 PM

I got this in a set of ck minis. I smelled it and thought it smelled absolutely disgusting, but I also didn't care for the others much, but on my skin they smelled nice. This one, however, smelled worse on my skin and would not come off for the longest time even though I just put it a bit on my wrist and tried to wash it off. It's a VERY strong scent.

on 12/23/2016 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This perfume is my biggest, longest love affair....
This was my scent back in the 80s and 90s. I first smelt Obsession in 1989 Christmas in Kuala Lumpur where all the fancy shopping malls were heavy on Obsession. I had to get one, and it was my fav well into the 90s. I was then young and carefree, life was all parties and cute guys....
Then I gave up perfume.
I tried again today, its still gorgeous, i tried both the Vintage and Reformulated. If you let both sit for an hour...Obsession is still Obsession, powerful, sexy, spicy and Come hither. Its for the big hair, big shoulder pads girl who has now matured into a I know who I am lady, strong, sensual and self-supporting. She needs not tell or publish her woes on FB or air her dirty laundry in public. She knows she will get over it and get on. Life is as great as you make it, or as dramatic.
I wear this scent like a dream, men love it on me, and I love it on me.
Yes, its cheaper price-wise than Shalimar and Samsara, the other 2 orientals I love, but its not cheaper in sensation, if you know what I mean.
Not a safe blind buy, you have to be ready for Obsession.....

on 1/28/2014 8:31:00 PM

I love Obsession, just as much as I loved the 80's! I miss the strong perfumes, now everyone seems to be so sensitive that I can only wear it at home.

on 6/15/2013 11:12:00 PM

I had the original Obsession as a teenager in the 1980s. I can tell you that this version you get in Sephora these days is truly crap. There are no other words for it. The only time Obsession these days , smells remotely like the 5 star Obsession I knew is when smelling it on the sprayer and perhaps for a couple of seconds on skin. It then becomes a parody of itself. It smells like cheap ,horrible plastic crap. very bad. It's not worth the price. very disappointing.The original Obsession was a fantastic fragrance with depth and longevity and presence, character.

on 5/7/2011 12:24:00 PM

These are some of the most entertaining comments I've read about a fragrance. IMO, people like to smell good, and Obsession is popular because it makes you smell good. I never owned it because I was just averse to all the hype back in the 80s-90s. However I do recall getting a whiff of it from a co-worker -- the sillage was beautiful, and caused me to soften my opinion of Obsession. Now that I'm a woman of a certain age, I'm more open to trying different perfumes. My beau smelled a sample card of Obsession that was sitting in a stack of mail, he loves it, and you only live once, so I'm getting some!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This scent is blah! Its strong, really spicy, very much an older womans scent. Its not something a man would compliment you on either lol. Its not appealing at all. :(

on 3/30/2011 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Kinky, Medium

An attractive, alluring scent ... I was one of the ppl who loved this fragrance when it hit the market in the '80s. Made a big splash.

I love the vanilla that makes it creamy & the musk that makes it sultry. I don't currently own a bottle but I think it's a very warm scent, great for the dead cold of winter.

A classic.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Back in the early nineties I loved Obsession and went through two bottles. I forgot about this fragrance until an ex-boyfriend's mom wore it years later. I had to buy her a bottle for every holiday, including her birthday. This woman literally bathed in it, and I got a horrendous headache each time I was around her. It ruined the scent for me. Now, if I smell a sample in a magazine or smell someone wearing it I get a nauseating headache.

on 1/16/2011 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I like fragrances of all kinds: designer, niche, Avon, drugstore scents - favorites in every category. But the one I love above all is Obsession. It's a warm, inviting, enveloping, mysterious spicy Oriental fragrance that makes me feel like ten million bucks when I wear it. Like other CK fragrances - most notably Euphoria - it has to be applied with a very light hand, on the "come in close and breathe deeply" theory. In almost 30 years I've never smelled a knockoff that could remotely compare. I have two bottles of the cologne and some remnants of powder, lotion, etc., from the 1980s; they haven't lost any of their intensity and I will guard them zealously for the rest of my life! I have more recent favorite fragrances too, but this is the one, the only: my holy grail!

on 1/15/2011 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

To the previous poster...
you say you used to receive compliments every time you wore Obsession back in the 80's but dont get compliments now when you wear it - because of this - you think 'the formula has changed'?

I'm guessing you were in your 20's when you first wore this perfume.....
do you think this could be the reason you received compliments then and not now?
(young women tend to get compliments no matter what they're wearting - as an example - I used to sometimes wear 'Charlie' perfume back in the day - that stuff smelled terrible and yet I still used to get compliments).
I think its a case of 'we have changed' more than the formula has changed :(

Popular Fragrances