Calvin Klein Obsession

Calvin Klein Obsession

3.9

on 2/1/2015 5:16:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought this for my mother after she requested it. On first smelling it, I didn't like it at all. Initially, it's far too strong. But after a couple of hours, it becomes a beautiful soft scent. It's sweet, musky and powdery without being at all old-lady ish. The staying power is probably it's most impressive quality. This stuff lasts all day and lingers for days afterwards. I sprayed it on my wrist and 5 days later I would still get a subtle whiff from the sleeve on my jacket. I probably wouldn't buy this for myself, because I prefer a lighter perfume for everyday. But I will continue to steal the occasional squirt of this from my mother's bottle :)

on 1/29/2015 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was born in 1974 so growing up in the 80's I remember when this 1st came out,there were AD's for it everywhere!!!! My mom wore it a lot and loved it..as a kid so did I!!! My mom would always let me put a tiny bit of it on and I remember it lasting all day & night!!

I got my 1st bottle around 13 thanks to my mom! I love & still love the scent...warm amber,musky,vaniila-ish with hints of spice,sweetness,woodsyness,incense...it's definitely a fall/winter scent! Super long lasting!

*This one one of the 1st scents that started my perfume addiction!!!!!

This perfume takes me back in time to the 80's when I was a kid and I'm happy to say I've been through many bottles in the past!<3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

Calvin Klein's Obsession does remind me of the 80s, I must admit. My mom gave this one to me, because she knows I love having quite a perfume collection. It does have its own distinctive scent, which to (amateur in talking about perfumes) is a very warm, almost overtly sexual, gourmand fragrance. If I just use one spray, it lasts for a long time and really isn't too off-putting. However, any more than that, I can see that this would be incredibly cloying. It's definitely more of a wintry type scent. Not really my thing, but nonetheless, it will retain its place on my shelf, at least for now.

on 1/26/2010 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is a fragrance I used to wear many years ago and I absolutely loved this scent. I tend to like Calvin Klein's fragrances and at that time, this was my favorite. I was so paranoid that they would discontinued this that I would buy two at a time. Soon afterwards, I found that many women were wearing this, which turned me off. I also became bored with the scent as well. Imo, this was a very sexy scent. At this point in my life, I would not repurchase this because I'm so fickle and like to rotate fragrances.

on 1/12/2010 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I love bergamot and sandalwood, so, Obsession is right up my alley. Very musky and very sexy! It's got a lot of *heat*, if that makes sense.

IMO, you should ALWAYS try a fragrance on before purchasing and I'd say that goes triple for Obsession. Though I love the scent, I totally understand why the muskiness of it would be a total turn-off. A friend of mine says it smells sweaty on her. Sweaty, musky - it's a fine line and it really depends on your body chemistry.

Also, a little dab will do ya! Obsession has major staying power and you really do not need more than one spritz.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My aunt has this perfume and I've only sniffed it once! The smell is so distinct that I can STILL recall it. As the viewer below notes, it has a slightly spicy punch to it, which I personally like. However, I can definitely see why some people would find it offending and far too strong. It reminds me of a more feminine cologne. To me, it's not a cheap smell. It's very distinctive and has an edge to it.

on 3/15/2007 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is warm, smoky and very sexy. It is a very strong fragrance so I dont recommend spaying it directly onto your skin. You will choke everyone in a 5 mile radius. I spritz the air then walk through it. The result is truly seductive. I am surprised I like this as much as I do. Its definitely not a fragrance for everyone.

on 5/9/2005 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

For the first hour I LOVED this. Strangely enough, I had never tried it before, nor smelled it on anybody I knew. And since my interest has turned from soft florals to orientals and floral-orientals lately, I thought I would give it a go. At first whiff I thought: "Oh my goodness, this could be an HG." I stuck my wrist under DH's nose, but he wasn't really impressed, even though I told him Obsession is supposed to be a man magnet... :) Anyway, for the first hour it was awesome, oriental with flowers and spice and orange in it and very soft. But then it turned flat. The flowers and the orange were gone, and I was left with a dry caramel smell. Not unpleasant, but not really a perfume kind of smell either! I put some Youth Dew on my other wrist for comparison, since I thought they were similar to one another. Not so in direct comparison. And YD is sooo much better on my skin. So I'll pass on this one...

on 2/19/2005 11:12:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Well yeah, I'm a child of the 70's and have been wearing this more often than not since it came out. Can attest to the fact that men LOVE this scent, I've been through a few (men) since I first started wearing it. It still casts a spell. While giving the co-workers the customary hug before holiday break, a VERY conservative superior buried his nose in my hair and actually growled before asking me what fragrance I was wearing. Enough being said, I will always have a bottle in my handbag.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I started liking Obsession long after it went out of style. During the mid-80s, everyone wore it--from teenage girls to grandmothers--and it was just plain irritating. Everywhere you went there was the heavy stench of Calvin Klein "Obsession", mixed with "Fetish" or whatever the imitation Obsession was called.
I started wearing Obsession in the winter of 1994. On me, I smell an Oriental mix of spice and mandarin, which dries down to a light, spicy vanilla. I get many compliments from men when I wear this.Unfortunately, this one is easily over-applied. Two sprays is way too much. Next time, I will purchase the splash instead of the spray. continued >>

Popular Fragrances