Calvin Klein Obsession

3.6

on 8/2/2015 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I wore this in the mid to late 90's, and I understand it's been reformulated since then.

A sweet and spicy oriental. Excellent sillage and lasting power. It reminds me of the harsh, frigid winters in New England, snowdrifts and christmastime. The smell of fire smoke and spiced hot cider. It's a little sharp but very pleasing. People will know - it stands out. I wore this for years as a cold scent, but have since moved on to others. I find it a very affordable, quality fragrance and a good alternative to more expensive options. It's a lot like TF Noir Pour Femme, but Obsession has much better projection and lasts longer.

Overall I cannot stand Calvin Klein's packaging. The only bottle that I've seen in the last 25 years or so that stood out to me was the Euphoria bottle.

on 8/10/2014 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

After reading reviews I decided that I was missing out by not trying this one so I ordered a tester bottle off ebay. Incense with a hint of vanilla....mmmmmm. I love this and will wear it alot this fall! It's also nice that it lasts all day without reapplying and yes, it's very strong so don't put on too much. If you're a lover of spicy scents you may really like this if you haven't tried it.

on 6/28/2014 12:28:00 PM

Musky and sexy. My early twenties was spent bathed in this. Love the deep scent.

on 2/6/2014 1:41:00 PM

I don't know how to explain this fragrance. Let's see...I like this scent but it doesn't like me.
Nice fragrance but way too strong. I had a small sample bottle of this. I wore it for hours; all the while loving the scent. It did NOT give me a headache, but it--literally--made me sick to my stomach. Thinking I might be nauseous for a different reason, I tried Obsession again. I'm sorry to say this, but I got sick to my stomach a second time. I gave my little bottle away.

I am an educated 57 year old southern lady who found the ads for Obsession so annoying that I avoided smelling or sampling it til TODAY! Damn, This stuff is to die for gorgeous, rich , feminine and SEXY. Best yet , the price is reasonable and the fragrance lasts all day and then some. I still am turned off by the cheesy ads, but this fragrance is undeniably powerful in a head turning way .

I am sniffing what I sampled earlier today , which has not faded in ten hours. Tomorrow I will march back and buy a bottle .I am a fan of classy orientals like Coco , Opium, and Euphoria , which are timeless classics. Euphoria , another Calvin Klein , is a fragrance that yields endless compliments , projects well, and lasts and lasts in a sultry way also. This one has a vanilla and musk vibe that is perfect and SOPHISTICATED.

Euphoria and Obsession are fabulous buys for the money !

I have never owned a vintage bottle but as far as the "new" formulation goes, I approve!! I applied this at 9am and it is now nearly 8pm and this has left a wonderful musky/vanilla/amber softness to my skin. I purchased this mini bottle for about $15 at Target I think, if you are looking for a scent that lasts all day, this is an incredible value and the tiny bottle should last you quite awhile since you really don't need more than a few drops.

Upon first spray, I get a sense of something woodsy,balmy and green, oakmoss perhaps? Honestly, it smells very similar to a man's aftershave, there is nothing ladylike/girlie about this scent. Then the civet and spices and amber kick in like WHOA. If you happened to over-spray you will regret it big time in about an hour. It gets very sweet but not bakery vanilla sweet...I can't really explain it. It's like a heavy amber honey syrup infused with exotic spices. Despite it's sweetness, I feel this is actually a unisex scent.

I have been wearing this to work and loving it. Not sure if I would wear it on a date though...on one hand, it is very sweet but it's also dirty/primal and very unisex, This is kind of like Tabu and Opium and some of the other vintage powerhouses that scream SEX...men either love it and will ravish you or they will say you "smell like their mom" or ask "where you with another man tonight?"

My skin/chemistry eats perfume, 99% of body sprays and light floral/aquatic scents are wasted on me. This stuff is a keeper in my book.

on 1/8/2013 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

A woman at the place I work wears this and every time she walks by I always think she smells amazing. One day I ran after her to ask what that amazing frag she was wearing and turns out it was this. NOT AT ALL the Obsession I'm used to smelling on other people, good body chemistry I guess. This past Christmas my SO bought a bottle for me per my request and upon first spritz I was transported to my middle school/early highschool days when an ad with a scent strip seemed to be in every issue of Seventeen, Mademoiselle, and Sassy. I can't say that I was happy about this as those years were miserable for me and scent has that amazing ability to transport one back in time so quickly. When I first applied this it smelled very plastic-y and I was really concerned as I knew that the frag had changed hands and had been messed with (some investigation told me I was correct). I suffered through the day feeling like I'd wasted money but thankful it wasn't much since the bottle was so tiny. Then at the end of the day I checked my wrist again and was pleasantly surprised to see that the plastic note was gone and I could smell a lovely bouquet of spices, vanilla and warmth. Cinnamon, coriander and vanilla all very warm and soothing!Now THIS is what I was smelling as the co-worker walked by. Now the question is whether I can suffer through the day smelling like weird plastic to get to the good stuff at the end of the day? I think I can but I won't be wearing this often because of that fact. Something I learned accidentally was that if I put my wrist under running warm water I can get fragrances to wear down to the base notes on my skin. Yes, it is a waste of fragrance but really it saves the sanity of my nostrils and mind. So it's a nice cozy fragrance but I won't be buying another bottle unless I can get my hands on a vintage 80s bottle.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Obsession = instant headache. I don't think it smells bad so to speak, just TOO MUCH.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I still have my original kidney-shaped edp splash bottle from 1986. I also just received a recent 15ml edp. There is a slight difference and I mean so slight, it's negligible. The new formulation is lacking that distinctive stale note in the original. I don't miss it. The current formulation is fabulous and worthy of love. I've been wearing Obsession for 26 years and I still love it. Applied with a light hand it is absolutely bewitching.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm on the fence with this one... Although I love orientals, I feel that for me this is a clothing scent not a skin scent. There is something dirty and animalic on the skin which I don't like at all, obviously the civet, which doesn't seem to develop on clothes. A classic, but not for me

Popular Fragrances