Calvin Klein Obsession

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Calvin Klein Obsession

3.8

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This scent is blah! Its strong, really spicy, very much an older womans scent. Its not something a man would compliment you on either lol. Its not appealing at all. :(

on 2/5/2010 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have worn this for years, and it is hands down my favorite perfume. It's strong, so you only need a little. My special twist on this is that I use a spritz of Obsession and then a spritz of Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Cannelle (Cinnamon Vanilla) - the combination is wonderful. I've been complimented by complete strangers on my fragrance and my boyfriend adores it.

on 1/12/2010 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I love bergamot and sandalwood, so, Obsession is right up my alley. Very musky and very sexy! It's got a lot of *heat*, if that makes sense.

IMO, you should ALWAYS try a fragrance on before purchasing and I'd say that goes triple for Obsession. Though I love the scent, I totally understand why the muskiness of it would be a total turn-off. A friend of mine says it smells sweaty on her. Sweaty, musky - it's a fine line and it really depends on your body chemistry.

Also, a little dab will do ya! Obsession has major staying power and you really do not need more than one spritz.

on 5/23/2009 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very strong, balsamic, insense like. Pleasant, unique, but very hard to wear in my opinion, because almost any application would be an overdose.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Yes, Obsession is amber-tonka-bean-cinnamon-onslaught: not for the meek. It was created in the '80s, the era of Big Hair, Big Shoulder Pads, and Big Scent. However, like many frags from that era, Obsession is unique. You'll never mistake it for anything else. And I like it for that reason, but also because I think it smells delicious. Warm, spicy-sweet, vanillic, musky, sandalwoody and hauntingly sexual. It's like turning yourself into a fine pastry, just waiting for someone to consume you.

I took off 1 lippie because this is only a cold-weather scent for me. Even there, I use *either* the body lotion or a tiny squirt of the EDP, not both. And I don't shy away from creating sillage, it's just that it's so easy to overdo this one. If you overdo it, the multilayered, tantalizing, haunting effect disappears, to be replaced by a request that you leave the room immediately. But there will always be a place in my fragrance wardrobe for this one. It's a classic.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Obsession is my all time favorite perume. When I wear it I feel confident and sexy. It is such a bummer that a lot of people don't like it because they have been exposed to a woman who has bathed in it. When tastefully applied, Obsession is the sexiest thing I have ever smelled. I am out of it right now, but I am really wanting to get some more, I am just hesitant because I keep wondering if there is something better out there. I haven't found anything to replace it yet, though, so I may just go out and buy another bottle.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a very sexy scent, not for everyday wear, at least not for me. I'll pull this out for dates or any evening event, it's quite powerful and sometimes bothers my sensitive sinus, so when I do use it, very little is all I need.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

One word: Mmmmmmm. Love it :) No more needs to be said.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This scent is so strong and cloying. I get sick whenever I smell Obsession on someone. There is a note in this fragrance that just does not work. It almost reminds me of a man's aftershave, or strong body odor.

on 3/15/2007 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is warm, smoky and very sexy. It is a very strong fragrance so I dont recommend spaying it directly onto your skin. You will choke everyone in a 5 mile radius. I spritz the air then walk through it. The result is truly seductive. I am surprised I like this as much as I do. Its definitely not a fragrance for everyone.

Popular Fragrances