Calvin Klein Obsession

Filtered by skin type : Other
Calvin Klein Obsession

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This smells like woody musky amber smothered in baby powder. It has a sweetness that overpowers the musky woody amber, its so well done, totally amazed that it smells so different to anything I have had the pleasure of smelling, but after a short while appreciating what it is, I had to wash it off as gets a bit too much weight for the nose

on 10/20/2012 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

The ampimathy of Style. Love the Color the color of the
sunset. thats when the
real action starts the notes incense vanilla
spices & woods
brings out the enticipation waiting
passion is in the air and having one
hot passionate love with your lover
this is the perfume for you.

on 3/9/2012 3:38:00 PM

Strange how Obsession continues to be controversial so many years after it was created! I was around back then and I remember the incredible hype. And I wouldn't have been caught dead wearing it then because I was determined to be different.
About 20 years later, a couple of things happened that led to me buying Obsession. First, I visited a beautiful, beloved cousin and noticed she had a bottle of this in her bathroom (and it was about the only fragrance in there). Then, not too long after that, I found a bottle on clearance. I decided the perfume gods had spoken, so it's mine now.
It took me a while to actually wear this potent concoction, and I can't imagine wearing it every day. For me, it's a sort of Sacred Monster, which means it's beautiful, but it can bite your head off if you're not careful. And as for what it actually "smells like," that obviously depends on a lot of different factors. Is it sexy, as so many other reviewers have mentioned? I would say, not really--it seems more androgynous to me. There is even a musty or medicinal note in here that may be what some people interpret as old-fashioned. There are a couple of things that keep cropping up in the reviews that I can identify with. One: This fragrance seems to boost my confidence. And Two: DO NOT OVER-APPLY!
Finally, I find this scent addictive. I really enjoy smelling it evolve as I go through the day. It's like another aspect of my personality, that I didn't know was there until I found this perfume.

I've loved Obsession since it came out. I was in my early 20s and wore it back then. I've been married for 25 years and have worn loads of perfumes over the years, but this is the only one my husband loves and comments on.

on 9/30/2008 8:12:00 PM

A couple of weeks or so ago, a friend sent me her Obsession mini that came in a set of Calvin Klein mini's, and I've been in love with Obsession ever since. It is a sweet warm ambery oriental, with orangey/citrussy top notes that dry down into vanillic musky ambery warmth. It's not gourmand or desserty. Just gorgeous. And it's a friendly amber, too, not difficult at all to wear, no weird notes. This one is a gem that is now overlooked and underrated due to overuse in its time, and people just being over it. I understand about not being able to go back and wear fragrances from one's past, but I didn't wear this in the 80's. So more for me! :-)

on 1/29/2008 3:00:00 PM

This is the closest I get to a sig scent. I have worn it for years, it smells great on me, people associate the scent with me, and I get tons of compliments. The best one- a man at a wedding leaned closer while we were talking, took a good sniff and said, in a voice of pure rapture "you smell like all the best parts of high school." And he meant it, and not in a creepy way, trust me. If it smells good on you, it's very, very, chase-you-down-the-street-to-ask-what-you're-wearing good. If it doesn't, then you are the kind of ticking time bomb that has given this scent a bad name, as there is almost no way to wear it with subtlety. On the right chemistry, it's amber, vanilla, and spicy citrus. If it doesn't smell like that on you, please, check with others before wearing it.

on 7/6/2007 1:29:00 PM

The present Obsession is NOWHERE as good as the original. I wore that, when it first came out, and it was beautiful, and sensual. Now, it does smell like a cheaper version like MELLONEY said. The perfume companies, are changing their original formulas to smell similar, but they are not as good. Hypnotic Poison (Dior) did that, Opium, (Yves St. Laurent) Halston, and most of the older fragrances I once owned & loved for many years. My 91 year old mom still wears it, but her sense of smell is off, nuff said...

Luscious. This is one of those fragrances I'm always happy to wear. It's full bodied but not overpowering.

on 2/6/2007 12:02:00 PM

Classic, sexy, appetizing. My mom wore this for many years and I always thought it was too old for me. However I finally broke down and began wearing Obsession myself and immediately knew why it was her "go to" fragrance. Never before have I had so many compliments, especially from men. Years have gone by and I've switched to a lighter fragrance. The other day, my husband commented - "Remember when you used to wear that perfume that smelled so good?" I guess it is time to go back to Obesession. He said, "Even your car used to smell so good." I think wearing this fragrance takes confidence but at the same time it gives an air of confidence. I highly recommend this to anyone, any age, for any occasion.

I wore Obsession about when it first came out, about 17 years ago. It was very pretty & had alot of positive feedback, especially from men. Now the trend has moved towards sugary, fruity, or foody smells. To me, I don't want to smell like a bakery or candy store. I still like the fragrances from the past better than today's scents. I don't care if they're called "outdated" or whatever labels some women attach to them. I like to smell like an adult female, not a little girl, that doesn't mean I like an "old lady" scent. Grow up people!

Popular Fragrances