Calvin Klein Obsession

Calvin Klein Obsession

3.6

on 12/23/2016 11:29:00 PM

I got this in a set of ck minis. I smelled it and thought it smelled absolutely disgusting, but I also didn't care for the others much, but on my skin they smelled nice. This one, however, smelled worse on my skin and would not come off for the longest time even though I just put it a bit on my wrist and tried to wash it off. It's a VERY strong scent.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This stuff sends me into an immediate migraine. It's overbearingly strong. It's also far too spicy and dark for my liking.

on 6/15/2013 11:12:00 PM

I had the original Obsession as a teenager in the 1980s. I can tell you that this version you get in Sephora these days is truly crap. There are no other words for it. The only time Obsession these days , smells remotely like the 5 star Obsession I knew is when smelling it on the sprayer and perhaps for a couple of seconds on skin. It then becomes a parody of itself. It smells like cheap ,horrible plastic crap. very bad. It's not worth the price. very disappointing.The original Obsession was a fantastic fragrance with depth and longevity and presence, character.

on 5/22/2013 6:06:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I got a set of Calvin Klein minis and they where all generic and boring! This one in particular was rank! I gave it away

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Obsession = instant headache. I don't think it smells bad so to speak, just TOO MUCH.

on 4/17/2012 12:34:00 PM

I thought this product would have disappeared by now, but I smelled someone wearing it the other day and it nearly made me heave. My sister wore it in the 80's and I thought it smelled like sweat back then...guess what it still smells like a sweaty old sock (kindof like sweat + dirty feet).

on 11/9/2011 3:18:00 PM

I used up my last bottle of the original from the late 80's. Then I bought a new bottle. I was horrified at what they had done to this once magnificent fragrance. I was so repulsed by the new juic ethat I promptly returned it to the dept store to see if I had gotten an old bottle. But no. It's been reformulated and as usual, the fragrance is ruined. For good. I haven't bought anything fragrance-wise in Calvin Klein for the past 10 years, and I probably won't be buying any in the future, if this reformulation of a former masterpiece is any indication as to where the future of perfume lies in this company.

on 7/5/2011 2:50:00 AM

I used to love this perfume - the warm powdery amber, soft fudge like vanilla, spices, incense and musk... There really was NOTHING better.

But that was before it got reformulated into real CRAP. Now it mainly smells like sweaty coriander, and the sillage and longevity is oh so bad.

Don`t buy any of todays bottles manufacture by Coty, keep to the vintage ones made by Calvin Klein and Unilever.

I HATE Coty. They destroyed the best perfume ever created.

Please let me know if there are any perfumes out there that are similar to the vintage Obsession. Must Cartier perhaps? Or is that one also reformulated garbage?

on 5/1/2011 11:32:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Ick! I think my grandma would even say this is too much of an old lady perfume! Waaaaaay too musky, heavy, and set off my allergies like crazy. It just plain stinks!!!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This scent is blah! Its strong, really spicy, very much an older womans scent. Its not something a man would compliment you on either lol. Its not appealing at all. :(

Popular Fragrances