Calvin Klein Obsession

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Calvin Klein Obsession

3.6

on 5/18/2002 12:32:00 PM

This is what my mom wears. I only recommend this for the winter months because it is way too strong to wear during the summer. I like the vanilla musky scent to it, but I would only use it on special occasions or maybe at night during the winter. It has a sort of "sexy" kind of smell to it and my boyfriend loves it. The only thing is to be careful not to overdue the application because it is strong to begin with.

on 1/30/2003 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love the smell of this, worn on the right person. This CAN be a wonderful fragrance, if worn on a woman who is utterly composed at all times and who *never* sweats. I think this is a wonderful, sensuous, heady fragrance, however, on me it turns into a headache inducing cloud that hovers 500 feet in every direction. I still love it, I just have the good sense to know my body chemistry doesn't work well with this, unless I were stranded in Antarctica, where the cool temperatures would keep this scent in check :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have to be in the right mood for this scent. It's a great spicey scent with notes of amber somewhere in there. It's very sexy and sirenish. It's got that oriental flair. In general though, I prefer fun flirty fruity scents, but this is still a winner and a classic. Also, this is one of the longest lasting fragrances I've tried.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

WOW, A very strong scent. Alot of people don't like it, my boyfriend hates it, but I know other men who smelled it and like it. It is a heavy scent, very strong. It just seems to work on me. One spray is more than enough, I wish all perfumes needed one spray. THe quality is there, but you need to like the scent

on 11/13/2003 2:15:00 AM

I have really liked this scent since I was a teenager. I don't understand why some people shun it now just because it was so popular in the 1980's. A classic sultry warm and sexy scent. I only need to use a very small amount, too much would be a bit heavy. It must work well with my body chemistry because after it dries down it smells even better. Every single time I wear it I get compliments on it. Men really seem to like this fragrance.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I started liking Obsession long after it went out of style. During the mid-80s, everyone wore it--from teenage girls to grandmothers--and it was just plain irritating. Everywhere you went there was the heavy stench of Calvin Klein "Obsession", mixed with "Fetish" or whatever the imitation Obsession was called.
I started wearing Obsession in the winter of 1994. On me, I smell an Oriental mix of spice and mandarin, which dries down to a light, spicy vanilla. I get many compliments from men when I wear this.Unfortunately, this one is easily over-applied. Two sprays is way too much. Next time, I will purchase the splash instead of the spray. continued >>

on 3/17/2004 9:04:00 PM

I kind of like the orange/amber/vanilla combination, though overall it seems somewhat cheap/synthetic. The spices are irritating to my eyes and nose for the first few minutes, then settle down OK. However, the civet note is really pronounced (and civet smells like butt). Way too raunchy for me!

on 8/4/2004 9:47:00 PM

Wow..this was my signature fragrance for years in the 80's. I loved it..loved the scent the name the whole deal. But I recently revisited this one and I totally cant do it. I think the scent is okay..but it really comes off too dated and heavy. Funny how we change. I live in Florida too so maybe it the hot weather that doesnt go with this either.

on 8/28/2004 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Isn't it interesting to see the comments about this being a grandmother's perfume, when Calvin intended it to be erotic? I never had an erotic grandmother who wore this--she wore Tabu, Chanel or Chloe. It's also interesting to see comments about this being heavy from people who douse themselves with Angel, Gucci Rush or Black Cashmere with abandon--and I love all of those too. I guess heavy is just relative. If you think this scent is dated, try comparing it to Liz Claiborne's Spark. This type of perfume has come back in style.

on 2/2/2005 11:49:00 PM

Apart from being dated and overused, I love this fragrance. Sexy, spicy oriental. A little goes a long way. Thankfully, I don't have any negative associations with this scent as so many have had. Edit: I met a better woody vanilla...Must de Cartier. Step down, Obsession!

Popular Fragrances