Calvin Klein Obsession

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
Calvin Klein Obsession

3.6

on 2/6/2014 1:41:00 PM

I don't know how to explain this fragrance. Let's see...I like this scent but it doesn't like me.
Nice fragrance but way too strong. I had a small sample bottle of this. I wore it for hours; all the while loving the scent. It did NOT give me a headache, but it--literally--made me sick to my stomach. Thinking I might be nauseous for a different reason, I tried Obsession again. I'm sorry to say this, but I got sick to my stomach a second time. I gave my little bottle away.

I am an educated 57 year old southern lady who found the ads for Obsession so annoying that I avoided smelling or sampling it til TODAY! Damn, This stuff is to die for gorgeous, rich , feminine and SEXY. Best yet , the price is reasonable and the fragrance lasts all day and then some. I still am turned off by the cheesy ads, but this fragrance is undeniably powerful in a head turning way .

I am sniffing what I sampled earlier today , which has not faded in ten hours. Tomorrow I will march back and buy a bottle .I am a fan of classy orientals like Coco , Opium, and Euphoria , which are timeless classics. Euphoria , another Calvin Klein , is a fragrance that yields endless compliments , projects well, and lasts and lasts in a sultry way also. This one has a vanilla and musk vibe that is perfect and SOPHISTICATED.

Euphoria and Obsession are fabulous buys for the money !

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

First whiff-adoration! No matter what others say, I will always love this perfume. I truly believe all the hype and commercialization has turned people off through the years and that is a true shame. It's a beautiful fragrance that should not be taken lightly.
A warm, powdery, sweet scent with amber laden spices surrounding and tickling your nose. Creaminess abounds throughout the different layers and surround your olfactory senses constantly.
Vanilla, peach, citrus and basil are what I get in the top notes, spices, oakmoss and cedar in the middle, and amber, musk, civet, incense and vetiver in the base. This is such a complicated fragrance and that's the reason I delight in it.
Obsession gives me an image of leather riding boots, cable knit winter white sweaters over well-worn Levis, cozy comfortable clothing, a pashmina scarf tossed casually around my neck. It has a hint of masculinity, yes, very definitely. It appeals to the yin and yang of our souls. Forget the commercials and what the media has told you. Spray it again on a vulnerable spot and luxuriate in yourself. You'll be glad you tried it again. It's a sensual fragrance that awakens your inner self.
Although it seems more of a night-time fragrance based in the cooler months, I love wearing it year-round. It's mystique and scent is just that delicious.
It's rather long-lasting, more than 6 hours on me. It's sillage radiates also beyond yourself depending on how much you spray, so be careful. One spray is more than enough.
Top Notes: Green Notes, Mandarin Orange, Vanilla, Basil, Peach, Bergamot, Lemon.
Middle Notes: Spices, Coriander, Sandalwood, Orange Blossom, Oakmoss, Cedar, Rose, Jasmine.
Base Notes: Musk, Civet, Vanilla, Amber, Vetiver, Incense.

on 12/5/2010 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I tried to find something to like about the one but just don't get it. A pleasant scent, but a big yawn nonetheless. Everyone and their dog seems to be wearing it which goes to show you that a frenzy of advertising can sell almost anything. Probably my chemistry, but after the drydown, I seem to pick up something synthetic, like melted plastic.

I view it as a poor woman's version of Anne Pliska, which is one of the classiest fragrances around.

on 9/30/2008 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Obsession is a classic spicy concoction that includes orange
blossom, vanilla and amber, with a hint of a
medicinal note at times, and almost masculine. I've been undecided
on Obession for many years, and can't quite bring myself to wear it.
I keep trying it every so often though. 24 Faubourg has similar
notes but is more refined, Obsession more casual and sporty.
JPG Classique also has these key notes.

on 5/15/2005 11:28:00 AM

I love Obsession, but sometimes it is too overpowering. Obsession use to be the favorite of both my daughter and myself. After spending one hot summer day at the mall, we stopped at the cosmetic counter as we were leaving and we both sprayed on Obession. We got in the hot stuffy car and started for home. The Obsession and the hot car just didn't go together. We both became nauseous. We didn't wear Obession for a long time. I agree with another reviewer that it is more of a cold weather cologne. I still love it and wear it, even in the summer. It is one of my very favorites. It definitely is a cologne that needs to be worn aparingly, which makes it last longer anyway. I may try the lighter version when I repurchase Obsession, then again, I may just buy the original again. The fragrance definitely is a keeper.

on 9/20/2004 2:11:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Another popular perfume that I dislike intensely. I rushed to get it when it first came out and was all the rage but hated it almost from the very beginning. I usually love orientals but on me this just smells like soap, that's it, just soap and not a good one either. It's very strong, takes over the room and lasts forever on me (the bad ones always do) AND gives me a headache which is the kiss of death with me. Another one that I will never buy again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I was teenager in the 80's, but just somehow never got around to really smelling this then. My stepsister, who is 5 years older than me, didn't have this on her dresser. That's how I sampled stuff back then. I smelled it in store when I was about 20 & didnt care for it.I don't know why I had actually avoided the womens Obsession this long when I have been in love w/the mens version ever since high school. My DH of 3 years didn't tell me how much he LOVES this scent & never bought it for me even though he has treated to me to a couple shopping sprees,all of which had ended up in a perfume store. I bought the EDP version from ebay for cheap--she was selling a mixed lot. I didn't tell my DH about it.When I got it in the mail,I just put some on & my DH thought he was dreaming at first. He didn't want to comment at first, but he just had to come out and ask.(This is an aphrodisiac for him, as is the mens Obsession is for me). I am now sad that I missed out on all these years of such a rich, vanilla scent. I love vanilla,too. I find it a very captivating seductive fragrance. DH will be buying the next bottle.

Popular Fragrances