Calvin Klein Obsession

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium age: 44-55
Calvin Klein Obsession

on 2/13/2010 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My opinion of this is sort of conditional--dabbed on sparingly from a sample vial, I like it a lot, in all its orangey/spicy/amber loudness. But I can't imagine applying even one full-size spritz, much less more than one. It would choke the wearer and everyone in the vicinity.

on 2/5/2010 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have worn this for years, and it is hands down my favorite perfume. It's strong, so you only need a little. My special twist on this is that I use a spritz of Obsession and then a spritz of Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Cannelle (Cinnamon Vanilla) - the combination is wonderful. I've been complimented by complete strangers on my fragrance and my boyfriend adores it.

on 12/16/2009 6:07:00 AM

this is strong!!! very sweet and spicy. there is no mistaking this scent when someone wears it. i go into a time warp when i smell this...an 80's flashback!! when this came out it was all anybody was wearing and i got sick of it. now that so much time has passed i can appreciate it but still can rarely make myself wear this powerhouse.

On me this is amber and sandalwood with a small amount of rich white floral notes thrown into the mix. While it's not my personal favourite oriental, I wear it regularly because my dh absolutely loves it on me and it's one of those perfumes I regularly get compliments on from total strangers. It all comes down to your personal chemistry. I can get away with wearing this to the office in cool weather, and I work in an open office with 3 other people, and it's not too strong or overpowering. Whenever I wear a new perfume to the office, I ask the other people I work with if they are happy with me wearing it, or if it is annoying them. Everyone in the office says this smells warm and spicy on me and not too strong at all. ON the other hand light florals are lost on me. Yes you should apply it with a light hand, and I must admit I would prefer to have this in a bottle without a spray so I could apply it much more precisely, but what are you gonna do? Don't be bound by the rules of sexy oriental frags should be worn only at night on a hot date. Ask those people closest to you if they think the perfume is suitable for office wear and day wear. If they think its not too OTT, go for it. I regularly wear other orientals to work (Tabu, Ciara, Bal a Versailles), with the blessings of the other staff.

on 12/31/2007 6:04:00 PM

Another all-time favorite! AND very popular when I wear it. I used to have a co-worker who literally begged me to wear this scent, he liked it so much. LOL. My sister just gave me a full bottle (she does not tolerate strong perfumes, poor dear) and I was thrilled.

on 10/10/2006 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Smells like goat sweat. 'Nuff said!

on 8/28/2004 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Isn't it interesting to see the comments about this being a grandmother's perfume, when Calvin intended it to be erotic? I never had an erotic grandmother who wore this--she wore Tabu, Chanel or Chloe. It's also interesting to see comments about this being heavy from people who douse themselves with Angel, Gucci Rush or Black Cashmere with abandon--and I love all of those too. I guess heavy is just relative. If you think this scent is dated, try comparing it to Liz Claiborne's Spark. This type of perfume has come back in style.

Popular Fragrances