Calvin Klein Obsession

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium age: 19-24
Calvin Klein Obsession

3.5

Going through some of the reviews, I am wondering if I missed something, but I really like this scent. It was my go to scent for many years. Lately I've been more into the lighter perfumes, but I still use this one on occasion. I only have to use two light sprays and I am good for the entire day (or if the shirt isn't dirty and isn't washed right away, the smell stays on it after that day even). I think it can be way too heavy and horrible if you marinate in it, but I don't use much, just enough to be enjoyable. I've gotten quite a few comments on it too...

I recommend it and would buy it again when mine runs out

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Gross! I am not a fan of this perfume. I got it for my birthday when I turned 12... yes.. 12! I think my friend's mom regifted it cause there is no way she would go out of her way to buy a 12 year old this crap. It's way too strong. I still had the full bottle up until a year ago when I finally threw it out and I'm 23. I can't believe how popular this perfume used to be! It's awful.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was just a baby when this was popular, and I've never known anyone who wore it, so I bought it completely blind on eBay, just wanting to try it.

I'm having trouble describing what this perfume means to me now. I have been feeling bad about myself lately, I'm on antidepressants which have caused irregular weight gain and SEVERE stretch marks, and I've been having odd pains and aches and fluid retention and you-name-it. All in all, I've been finding it hard to adhere to my beliefs in body acceptance and weight neutrality and self-love.

Then along came Obsession, arriving in the mail.

I spritzed it on my wrists, and the next thing I knew I was enveloped in a warm, sensual musk of vanilla and caramel, and suddenly my body was no longer a battlefield of strange and depressing feelings and side effects: It was a warm, soft, glowing whole of beauty and comfort, and I felt so good I wanted to cry.

This perfume is my little miracle. It is helping me through a really bad time, and it is helping me feel sexy and beautiful when my body makes it hard to feel that way. Thank you, Obsession.

on 1/17/2011 10:28:00 AM

Cant say enough about this perfume! I am a retail manager, so I come across a lot of people through out the day, and I ALWAYS receive compliments on this. It is extremely strong, less is more with this perfume. I just put a little on my wrist and call it a day. It is just enough for people to get a small whiff of it when I'm around. My sales associates are all in love with it and know when I'm around! When applied LIGHTLY, it is the most unique and captivating smell. LOVE it!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My aunt has this perfume and I've only sniffed it once! The smell is so distinct that I can STILL recall it. As the viewer below notes, it has a slightly spicy punch to it, which I personally like. However, I can definitely see why some people would find it offending and far too strong. It reminds me of a more feminine cologne. To me, it's not a cheap smell. It's very distinctive and has an edge to it.

on 1/13/2009 4:29:00 PM

Normally I do not have anything nice to say about Calvin Klein fragrances as most of them seem rather bland for my tastes. Obsession if an oriental floral that seems to explode into a far too heavy floral opening. I have trouble sorting out individual notes. However, I will admit that I was pleasantly surprised by the drydown which is warm and slightly spicy wherein I can detect a tiny bit of vanilla, but mostly sandalwood and spices. Extremely cosy, and perhaps a bit obsessive as well! :) I substract for the bad opening though, and because the fragrance overall does not work for me as I tend to go for lighter orientals.

on 10/13/2008 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been wanting this perfume since I was a pre-teen and finally bought it yesterday during a shopping spree. I was hoping I could find something lighter and floral-y, but I just am a spicy/oriental/ perfume kind of girl. It smells warm and spicy, with a hint of amber. It has kind of an "aged" smell, in which I mean that I can tell it was invented in the 80s, but that is kind of something I like about this perfume. It's comforting.

If used sparingly, this is a very beautiful, warm, soft scent. I generally prefer sugary/foody scents, but this is my "serious" scent, I suppose you could say. LOL.
This is definitely a sophisticated and sexy scent, so I mostly wear this when I plan on having a romantic evening with my one and only. He loves it!

Like I said, this needs to be used sparingly. I can imagine this would be headache-inducing if someone sprayed this all over themselves. It's a very potent fragrance, so it only needs to be lightly sprayed.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was 3 years old when this came out in spring of 1985, so of course I never wore it or caught on to the craze. I heard it was very popular and now that no one is wearing it, I got a little bottle in a free gift with purchase of obsession night. Night, I'm in love with that perfume. I'm not giving up on the original though, and will wear it as a nighttime scent or in the fall/winter.
The only thing is, there are so many of those cheap body sprays that imitate obsession, that I will be weary of someone thinking I'm wearing one! I'd be sure to correct them though, but I don't think I'd buy it again unless it was free. NOTE-I have to comment on the reviewer below who said it was "as tacky as wearing panty hose with open toe sandals". Well, I know tons of women who's grandma's still do that, and I don't think you should insult them. Also, I've seen plenty of high fashion designers doing that look down the runway and in magazines(example-prada). You just have to know how to rock it! Leggings were out of style a long time, and now all the celebs are wearing them. lol

GROSS, that is all I have to say!

Popular Fragrances