L'Oreal Paris Wear Infinite SIngle - Plum Royale

No Image

2.4

on 3/26/2013 12:35:00 AM

Plum Royale is a deep plum color, or so it looks in the pan. On my eyes, it was a matte purple that did not have much pigmentation. I had to layer it on multiple times for the color to even show up, and when it did, it looked almost like a dark brown rather than being purple. This ended up making me look as if I had two black eyes. :/ The shimmer in this shadow did not really transfer over well to my lids, either.

on 11/29/2011 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this eyeshadow, the colour is gorgeous. The reason I gave it 4 instead of 5 is because you have to put on quite a bit to get a good, solid colour. But I feel like the effort is worth it because the end result looks great.

I'm really disappointed in this. I've been wanting a purple shadow for a while, and was eyeing Lancome's Violet Luxe duo, but it is sooo expensive ($35). I was in the drugstore and this L'oreal purple shadow was on sale for $2.70, so I thought I should try it - if it's good, I can stop lemming that $35 Lancome one....
well forget that - this is terrible! Instead of a rich vibrant deep purple, this is barely pigmented, and is a sheer color. Even has a brownish tinge. To even tell it's purple on the eyelid, you have to load it on. Even then it's a weak sheer color - nothing like i was looking for. Last purple I bought looked grayish on, so purple must be a hard color to get right. Guess I'll end up having to spend mega $ for my purple shadow, but it'll be worth it if I can find the right one!

on 7/4/2008 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I like how this eyeshadow looks on my skin tone which is medium tan but after awhile the eyeshadow began to "crack" in its package and then it turned into little, crumbly pieces... I still continue to use it but I've transferred it to an empty lip balm pot because the crumbly eyeshadow bits would "leak out" of its original container.

on 11/12/2007 9:45:00 AM

I bought three of the Wear Infinite singles and I am unhappy with all of them. I expected Plum Royale to be intense and highly pigmented but this goes on very sheer and doesn't stay true to the color in the pan. On me, Plum Royale looks like a slightly shimmery dark pink. It's not totally unflattering on my skin though, it does make my blue-grey eyes look brighter. I wouldn't purchase this again simply because I wanted a deep rich purple color not a sheer pink eyeshadow.