Biotin (All brands)

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
 Biotin (All brands)
Biotin 2 weeks growth (I take Biotin 10000mcg daily)

2.9

on 8/5/2014 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I haven't tried this particular brand of biotin. However, I've been using nature's bounty 5,000mg biotin pills twice a day so basically I'm taking 10,000. I have to say I'm really shocked at the negative reviews this product has done wonders for my hair! its grown very long (mid-back) within 5 months and also improved the overall health of my hair! I love it.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I've used biotin for about a year now. My nails feel stronger, but they're such a helpless case. They still break. I don't know if it has effected my hair or not. My ends are WAY softer than they used to be. They were so dry it was gross, but now they're soft. Not sure if it's from the biotin or my conditioner. My skin is as clear as crystal! I figured it was my face wash, but I got busy for a few weeks and forgot to take biotin each morning. My acne broke out horribly. I went back on biotin and my skin cleared up super fast. Would recommend

on 3/21/2014 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Biotin did wonders to my hair. It made it longer, shinier, and prettier. However, it made me break out like CRAZY. I am not the only one this has happened to you can look it upů It's so sad because the product is wonderful but has terrible side effects. Once I stopped taking Biotin my acne went away. Such a shame!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Prior to taking this I read that one cause for the breakouts could be due to the fact that taking high doses of biotin drives down B5 levels in your body.

I started taking 600 mcg of Biotin with 5000 mcg of B5. After 1 week with no breakouts I upped the dose for the Biotin to 1200 mcg (one capsule in the morning, 1 at night). Still no breakouts. So I tried upping the dose to 2400 mcg (2 in the morning, 2 at night) but I started breaking out, even with the B5 supplement so for myself, the highest I think I can take is 1200-1800 mcg.

In terms of the results I've seen with my skin, after the second week my eczema started to clear and people at work commented on how radiant my skin looked which is a bonus. I read that people who suffer from dermatitis and eczema may be due to a biotin deficiency so that may be why since taking the supplements my dry skin and eczema have improved. I'm not cured but I've been having less flares, especially on my face.

I've been taking all of this for a little over a month and the biggest improvement has been my skin and nails. I haven't noticed any changes to my hair in terms of it speeding the growth but that may be due to the fact that I am taking a lower dose. I'll definitely keep taking this since it's improved my skin so much. I would say if you suffer from dermatitis or eczema it's worth a shot trying this out, for me it's worth taking the vitamins as this beats having to use steroid creams to control my flares. My advice would be to start with a low dose and gradually increase it to see how your skin reacts to the vitamins. And as previous reviewers have stated drink plenty of water. I aim for 3 liters a day.

on 3/2/2014 8:03:00 AM

Like everyone else I had heard how amazing this was supposed to be! For me personally this did not work, my nails were still brittle and my hair did not grow, alongside this I developed acne! I wouldn't recommend this, and I certainly won't buy again! Disappointed :(

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

One thing you ladies (and perhaps gents) must rememeber is that when you take supplements of any kind you must drink plenty for water. This is especially true i the case of biotin because lack of adequate water consumption can lead to to break out of the face and even other parts of the body such neck and back.

Breakout alert: I've been taking 10mg a day with loads of water for ten days and my skin has just started to rebel massively. I woke up this morning with cystic acne in places I never normally break out - under my eyes??! I've come to the conclusion that it's probably Biotin as it's the only major change I've made to my skincare/diet recently. I'm reducing the dose to half this amount taken every two days and I'll report back in a few weeks. Watch out MUA'ers!

on 12/9/2013 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I started using biotin after getting sick of my shoulder length haircut. I have seen growth in my hair but it has been falling out like crazy, but this could be because of stress. I have also gained 7 pounds, I haven't changed my diet or how much/how often I workout, so it could be do to biotin. I've decided to just let nature take its course and let my hair grow that way.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I used this daily for about a month and realized it was the reason why my face was BREAKING OUT like crazy. I stopped using it and my skin went back to normal. I didn't see an improvement in my skin or hair. I will not be using biotin again.

on 9/28/2013 10:24:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

The only good thing about this product is that it's cheap. I wish I had looked harder at the side effects, other than just supposedly good for hair, skin and nails. I started this 3 weeks ago to grow out my damaged hair quicker after ruining it from going my natural dark brunette to blonde. I saw no difference in hair growth. Nail growth maybe a little, I can't comment on strength of nails because I have acrylics. But the worst side effect was ACNE. Oh I was horrified when I finally realized what had been making me break out so bad ever since I started it. I don't have acne problems, maybe one zit around my period and that's it. But this was full blown cystic acne. I hadn't even been going out in public unless absolutely necessary. There's all kinds of theories about why that is and how to prevent it, like it takes awhile for your body to get used to. Or you start with a low dose and work your way up. Or you have to drink a lot of water and take a B complex vitamin to counteract it. I don't really care what the reason is, I can't deal with the zits and oily face it gives. I quit taking it immediately upon reading reviews, chugged water to flush it out, and 3 days later it's almost all cleared. Biotin was no doubt the problem. Take it at your own risk!

Popular Treatments