Biotin (All brands)

Filtered by eye Color : Black
 Biotin (All brands)
Biotin 2 weeks growth (I take Biotin 10000mcg daily)

3.3

on 1/15/2016 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

1/15/2016: My New Years resolution this year was to SLAY from head to toe. So I started with my hair. I have 3B/C type hair that recently has been looking a little thin and dull. It also hasn't grown much either. So of course, I discovered Biotin while searching for hair care help online. After doing more research and realizing that this was what I needed, I went out to my local health foods store and picked up a bottle of NOW Biotin 1000 mcg capsules for 8 bucks.

Now, I must be honest, I only purchased this last week. At first I was taking one pill a day (to start off slow) but on the 3rd day I noticed two pimples had popped up to say hello. So moving forward, I'll take 1 pill every other day for the first 2 weeks and then go up from there. I really want Biotin to work for me and I'm doing alI can to help it along, including drinking plenty of water and consuming the pill with a meal. I will update in 2 weeks!!

on 7/9/2014 4:01:00 AM

Even when I would only take HALF a pill it would break me out.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

One thing you ladies (and perhaps gents) must rememeber is that when you take supplements of any kind you must drink plenty for water. This is especially true i the case of biotin because lack of adequate water consumption can lead to to break out of the face and even other parts of the body such neck and back.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Gave me wicked cystic break outs. After a few months I didn't notice any difference in my hair or nails

on 6/19/2013 5:31:00 PM

When taking any vitamin you need to actually have a balance..i have been taking Maxi-Hair Plus 5000 Mcg Biotin by County Life. It has the high biotin i wanted and other vitamins and minerals to balance it out. The only draw back is that you have to take 4 capsules..but..I decided to take 2 capsules for a month(with food/breakfast)..then go to 4...best decision i made, I will stick with just taking 2 a day. My hair grew like i was 20 again, instead of clumps of hair when showering..i only see a few strands(I am mid 50's, and my hair is now past my waistline) and it is shinier, friends, family, coworkers and my husband noticed the difference, the only thing is it did not stop my greys..just looks a lot less, may be just my imagination/glee that its working for me. My nails really grew fast, but was still not as hard as i wanted them. My skin did break out a little the first week, but was all gone by the second week. I am now on 2 months of taking just 2 capsules, deciding if i should go to 4...my hair, nails and skin is the same, which i am happy. Sometimes less is more..oh yeah I purchased for a little over $20.00. This worked for me and i hope it works for you, remember everyone reacts differently to everything..♥

on 3/18/2013 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

18th March 2013 i bought biotin after reading reviews on here. i have naturally curly hair that usual grows no longer than underarm level.
i trimmed my hair in july and its hardly grown back since..so i bought biotin!! (10,000mcg)

ANYWAY ive been taking it for about a month now and there is noticable growth, my hair is back to its usual length (under arm length) so im hoping it will continue to grow.
i do get acne from taking it, but i found that if i take if with meals, the acne is not as bad.

i havent noticed that my hair has become thicker but definately longer!

ill keep on posting and let you know if theres any progress...but so far all good news and worth buying..i would 100% recommend.

3rd april 13 havent noticed any other changes since i first reviewed this product hopefully there will be more results in 3 weeks.

So I am on my second bottle of biotin(100 capsules per bottle) MY HAIR HAS GROWN 3/4 inches which is a lot of growth for my hair type my hair is thicker and I feel like damage from previously dying my hair has been repaired. No more acne breakouts linked to the biotin and my nails grow super quick. 23rdjuly13

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I am so sad because it definitely did the job for my hair....but after taking these vitamins for 3 months I started breaking out like CRAZY!!!! There is a possibility that I've taken such a high dosage everyday (2500mcg) and I've been using Nioxin everyday which already contains 300 mcg of biotin in it, I've cut down the dosage to see if that would stop the problem but it didn't. I wish I could continue to take it because I want my hair to grow out faster, but it's definitely not worth all the acne scars I have from this product = (

I have been taking biotin supplements everyday now for a month and im glad with the results. My nails dont chip as much and my hair is stronger. Will update!

Popular Treatments