Biotin (All brands)

Filtered by hair type : Other
 Biotin (All brands)
Biotin 2 weeks growth (I take Biotin 10000mcg daily)

3.6

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I started taking biotin (Natrol Biotin in Strawberry) to strengthen my hair, promote growth, and combat hair fallout and breakage. Within 2-3 weeks I noticed a difference, particularly in the strength of my nails, but also in my hair. I will continue to take it every 1-2 days because I am SO pleased with the results. Please note that if you are struggling with hair fallout and breakage that biotin is not a quick fix. A healthy diet, zinc and iron are also important, and coconut oil will help combat those split ends/breakage. Also make sure you're using a sulfate-free shampoo/conditioner! There are many great natural hair products that won't hurt your hair with all those harsh chemicals.

on 5/4/2014 3:25:00 PM

Biotin works. The key is the amount. A lot of multivitamins only have 300 mcg. It only works for me if I'm taking between 3000 and 5000

on 4/12/2014 12:21:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I tried this after reading rave reviews for using it for nail growth, as my nails are typically weak and peeling and I often get painful horizontal breaks in the quick of my nails. I started taking this and about a week in, I started to get acne all over me chin. I normally don't have any breakouts. It then became cystic acne which took a really long time to clear up. Maybe this works for some, and I wonder if the correlation with acne has anything to do with hormones and the individual. Needless to say, I won't be trying this again and I'm just sticking with nail treatment products instead of supplements.

on 2/3/2014 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Biotin is excellent for hair

I have been taking biotin for a few years now and believe it has contributed positively to my skin. I notice a difference in my hair as well, both that it grows faster and seems shinier. I did not break out from biotin, but I drink a ton of water (6+ litres) daily. The results from taking biotin are not so miraculous that I would risk taking it if I knew I could break out from it... Use with caution if you have sensitive skin.

on 1/3/2014 3:30:00 PM

I have been using the oral supplement (tablet form) of biotin for about one year. I have super fine wavy hair that is prone to dryness, frizziness, split ends, and breakage. I thought using this affordable supplement was worth a try. I use the Natrol brand in the 1000 mcg dose.

I take it with food. Some multivitamins contain biotin. So you may not even need a separate supplement to get the benefits. The product is said to strengthen nails and/or hair by improving keratin "infrastructure." Keratin is a protein in hair, skin and nails.

I would say taking this product regularly for several months did improve the strength and appearance of my hair. My hair is color-treated and exposed to heat styling tools 4-5 times per week. I wash it every other day with a mild shampoo and then condition. I use a silicone-free shampoo, because silicone products tend to build up on my hair leaving it weighed down and lifeless.

I don't see any research data that shows biotin will speed hair growth. I haven't experienced accelerated hair growth when taking biotin. I think brushing my hair with a Mason Pearson brush at night aids growth, because it stimulates circulation in my scalp and distributes natural oils (sebum) to the ends of my hair. I believe the natural oils help to protect and strengthen the ends of my hair.

My fingernails are also thin. They tend to get small splits on the surface.I have seen little change in my nail health when using biotin.

I've read that there are negative side effects if a person takes too much biotin. It can lower your body's levels of other vitamins, among other things. So be careful not to exceed recommended dosages. Ask your doctor or a qualified health professional about taking biotin. Be aware of how much biotin is in your multivitamin, and take that into consideration before taking the supplement on its own.

Brewer's yeast, whole grains, eggs, dairy, and broccoli are good sources of biotin. I always try to get desired nutrients from food as well as supplements.

There's no magic pill for long healthy hair. I think you have to combine several healthy habits to make your hair its best.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I used this daily for about a month and realized it was the reason why my face was BREAKING OUT like crazy. I stopped using it and my skin went back to normal. I didn't see an improvement in my skin or hair. I will not be using biotin again.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I started using Biotin just about a few months ago. I have noticed a difference in my hair length. After getting my hair clipped, I took biotin everyday, and it's almost back to it's original length since before I cut it!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

After 2 months of using biotin NOTHING HAS CHANGED IN MY DIET AND MY SKINCARE ROUTINE BUT STARTING USING BIOTIN AND my face broke out badly , i put on extra weight extra 5 kg to be specific ...NEVER AGAIN

on 4/4/2013 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

All I have to say is that for me this was acne in a bottle! Holy cow, it caused the biggest acne breakout that I've ever had! It started to clear up the day after I stopped taking it. Take at your own risk if you are sensitive. I've researched and some say that if you take a B vitamin it will stop the acne, I'm not trying it but that may help some!

Popular Treatments