Biotin (All brands)

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
 Biotin (All brands)
Biotin 2 weeks growth (I take Biotin 10000mcg daily)

2.7

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/4/2013 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

All I have to say is that for me this was acne in a bottle! Holy cow, it caused the biggest acne breakout that I've ever had! It started to clear up the day after I stopped taking it. Take at your own risk if you are sensitive. I've researched and some say that if you take a B vitamin it will stop the acne, I'm not trying it but that may help some!

on 1/10/2013 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been trying to grow my hair out lately and had read so much good stuff about biotin online, so I picked up a bottle of 1000mg tablets at Target for like $2.49. They were small and easy to swallow which is always nice because so many supplements are like horse pills. I started taking one along with my daily multi and within a week noticed that my nails were growing like weeds. They were very long, insanely strong and very pretty. I was psyched. My hair began falling out less and less and seemed stronger. Even more psyched. Then...my face went absolutely crazy. I broke out with these huge cystic pimples all over my face which were so painful and embarrasing. I did a quick google search and sure enough, excess biotin is known to aggravate acne. I stopped taking them about 2 weeks ago and my skin is now back to normal. The difference was so noticable-I stopped taking it, and within three days all the inflamed pimples were not swollen anymore and well on the way to healing. My nails are back to normal too though, they've all broken off. I gave this a 3 because it does what it's supposed to with the hair and nails, but it has the unfortunate side effect of bad breakouts. I'll take normal hair and nails over acne any day.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I recently purchased Spring Valley biotin. My coworker had really thining hair. She told me that she was taking omega-3 and biotin 1000mcg a day. I have noticed the difference in her hair. I went to buy some. I just started takinging. today is the 3rd or 4th day. I will repost with later this month. I have oily acne-prone skin. From reading the reviews... lets pray that this works.lol. I have pretty dry hair that has been breaking for the last few months. The majority of my hair is unrelaxed and I am currently wearing it in a natural style (afro). My hair is currently about 3 inches from my shoulders ( Unrelaxed). Will try for a month and update you. My nails are pretty fast growing. A bit soft but still grows fast and has white tips. :-)
I have thick eyebrows. Lets see how this ends up. lol.

But I will keep you posted.

Started off with 5 because I just started using it.

*********Update*****************
I started using this vitamine and quickly stopped. It didn't work very well with my skin. I used it for about a month and I got really big pimples on my chine and jaw line. I will take one every now and again but I will not take this brand of Biotin again everyday as directed. I take a one-a-day womens vit. that has biotin in it so I think that will be enough for now. :-)

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

My goals were stronger nails (mine peel and break a lot) and faster hair growth. I was on biotin for a total of 6 months.
I started off on a very low dose of this, taking three tablets a day for 3 months. I didn't notice any difference at all, apart from a horrible acne break out that lasted about a week (when I first started taking them). I endured the acne, got over it and continued with the biotin. Still nothing. I then started taking a much higher dose of biotin and had to put up with another breakout from the increased dose, which I think it was 7.5mg. I took these ones for about another 3 months. Still nothing worth writing home about. I didn't see any difference in my hair growth at all. There was a *slight* difference in my nails. Less peeling and they were stronger but I don't think it was worth it. Honestly, I don't see why I even bothered. Nothing amazing happened at all but I'm happy that it works for some people. I've been on a very healthy diet since October (I was very unhealthy during my biotin taking months) and I'm going to see if my new diet does anything for my hair, skin and nails. Good luck everyone :).

on 9/6/2011 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I use the Sundown brand (1000 mcg) which I started more than a year ago. I bought it for my hair, of which I haven't noticed a difference, but it made my nails go from brittle to strong at the end of two months - I believe it thickened up my nail. In the past, my nails would never grow past the tip, and as short as they were, polish used to chip within a day. Now a manicure lasts 3/4 days with an inexpensive polish like Wet 'n Wild. I know this brand works for my body chemistry because I switched to another brand, thinking they were all the same, and within months my nails were back to their typical brittle self. I have never had an acne problem using this brand or the other one - I guess different people react to things differently. Before you write biotin off, if you have experienced problems with it, I would suggest switching to another brand first.

on 6/30/2011 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was taking the 1000mcg & I've heard you should be taking 5000. Well just the 1000mcg broke me out with under the surface acne that hurts to touch, within the next day. Literally. I'm sad because i was excited to have long thick nails & same for my hair. Anyone should try it & see if it works for them. I got a bottle for $3 at walmart.

on 1/16/2011 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

been using this for like 3 or 4 months now and I have seen results in my nails, which is why i started taking it. I was taking 2,500 mcg but am now taking 5,000mcg. i am not acne prone and have not seen any pimples. I would def buy again.

Popular Treatments